Contract for new driver

Light

i am becoming a new driver. I went thru all the training ex. Interviews, dot , background, intergrad, now I just need to get the 30 day qualification complete however it will probably take me to late August or early September to get that done

My hire date was may 31st 2018

Will I be under the current contract with the current drivers or will it be under the new contact

Do they look at the hire date which is before August 1 2018

UnconTROLLed

perfection
IF your first day of qualifying is under the old contract (pre Aug 1), you will be back-dated to that, therefore you will fall under the old one. However, UPS is famous for stringing people along as seasonal/temps (not allowing people to qualify for good reasons, or BS ones), so your mileage may vary

opaitzdoni

IF your first day of qualifying is under the old contract (pre Aug 1), you will be back-dated to that, therefore you will fall under the old one. However, UPS is famous for stringing people along as seasonal/temps (not allowing people to qualify for good reasons, or BS ones), so your mileage may vary

I am set to start my 40 days on this Monday. Does that mean I am under old contract or new?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I am set to start my 40 days on this Monday. Does that mean I am under old contract or new?
IF you dazzle management and qualify with the June 25th date, yes you would LIKELY be under the old contract, as seniority dates are generally retroactive to your first day. However that is still speculation as there is no new contract. I was hired in early 2002 but the 2002 contract was not ratified until August 2002, so I fell under the 1997.

opaitzdoni

IF you dazzle management and qualify with the June 25th date, yes you would LIKELY be under the old contract, as seniority dates are generally retroactive to your first day. However that is still speculation as there is no new contract. I was hired in early 2002 but the 2002 contract was not ratified until August 2002, so I fell under the 1997.

Call me dumb but I dont get it lol...Do you fall under contract on your first hire day or your first seniority day? Im sorry im so confused lol

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Call me dumb but I dont get it lol...Do you fall under contract on your first hire day or your first seniority day? Im sorry im so confused lol
When you first punch in, not when you are hired. If that's what you are asking. IF you are hired on June 20th and first work August 2nd, assuming you qualify, your seniority day is August 2nd.

opaitzdoni

When you first punch in, not when you are hired. If that's what you are asking. IF you are hired on June 20th and first work August 2nd, assuming you qualify, your seniority day is August 2nd.

Which will most likely be impossible and I will fall under the new contract. Do you think the new contract is better for new drivers?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Which will most likely be impossible and I will fall under the new contract. Do you think the new contract is better for new drivers?
In the end, having the earliest seniority date is all that really matters. I would be more concerned with qualifying as a driver than which contract you fall under.