contract ideas??????

av8torntn

I doubt this is a national problem but in my area it is getting out of hand. My work group has about 300 drivers. We only get to pick from 9 open weeks of vacation slots after August. We will have drivers laid off in September and October. I would like to see them open up those two months and maybe allow 10% go on vacation.

brown_trousers

I think the 9.5 language should be completely deleted from the next contract, then replaced with something that actually works, that you dont have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get, and doesnt paint a target on your back.

washington57

How about some 5 days a week 8 hr a day FT jobs? I don't want to bid package because I know I will be working 50-55 hr weeks for the next 20 years. Don't want that life.

FAVREFAN

here is one of the ideas i have for the new contract......

give me a reason not to call off.

for every 3 months you go without calling off give us an extra optional day. or to make it easy for every 10 weeks give us a day. that would be 4 a year. (either or) we all know that calling off in Nov. and Dec is very frowned upon. code these a different way to keep them seprate from other opt. days. at the end of the year if an employee has any of these earned "sick days" left pay them off at time and a half.

please reply.......what do you think
Keep dreamin'. Realistically, a day for a year of no call offs. But we won't get that either. I went 3.5 years and barely got a thank you.

FAVREFAN

5 year deal/$5 raise
Keep current healthcare/slight pension increase
Part-time starting wage of $10
Ability to split option week into days(some have this now, not here)
JMHO.

Packmule

Not bad. How about taking away a paid day for people who call in excessively, leaving the whole building shorthanded. We have one like that.

Packmule

You and Heffernan both make great points. But you both missed the main point. The real problems with overdispatching is in safety and service. It's just too hard to meet all the commit times we have during the day when you are overloaded and running behind. And trying to hurry, or dealing with strengthing winter storms in the dark, dangerous as it gets. The added pay would not be to make money, it would be to discourage overloading in the first place.

SisyphUPS

I personally refuse to vote for any contract that does not include automatic triple time after 9.5 for opt-outs or pyramid overtime. I'm tired of working 10 hours a day when we have drivers laid off so we can make 'stops per car.'
I will vote for any contract that outlaws the utterance of the phrase 'stops per car.'

Profit sharing bonuses....GM blue collar workers getting a 7,000 bonus for the record profit. Sounds like a decent option to include.
If they gave us 7 gees they would through it in our faces like a woman does when she gives us something nice. For ever in a day they would bring up the 7 grand. You are way over dispatched what about the 7000. You get hurt what about that $7000. Keep it just like the nice things my wife does. I'll make my own way thanks anyway.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I personally refuse to vote for any contract that does not include automatic triple time after 9.5 for opt-outs or pyramid overtime. I'm tired of working 10 hours a day when we have drivers laid off so we can make 'stops per car.'
I will vote for any contract that outlaws the utterance of the phrase 'stops per car.'

We all know that the reason for attendance issues is DIRECTLY INFLUENCED by their excessive dispatch !!! There's no damn way that after 2-3 months of having my car look like Xmas eve, that I'm going to feel bad taking a couple days off. To be honest, 90% of the days I call out sick, I'M NOT !!

Your body can only take so much of the physical and mental abuse after awhile. It's more of a safety issue than a monetary one !

DS

Fenderbender
Great name for a UPS driver.
Rolling that rock up the hill day after day.
What a great way to describe being a ups driver...THANKS hoax...
now I'm a lot more sisyphticated of the subject:)
Sisyphus was made to roll a huge boulder up a steep hill. Before he could reach the top, however, the massive stone would always roll back down, forcing him to begin again.[SUP][5][/SUP] The maddening nature of the punishment was reserved for King Sisyphus due to his hubristic belief that his cleverness surpassed that of Zeus Himself. Zeus accordingly displayed his own cleverness by consigning Sisyphus to an eternity of useless efforts and unending frustration.

GolfCart

TRreat you as humans
Give us a fair day , not a 10 + hr day
Help on next day air , stop unrealistic air stops
Get us out of hub on time
More opt days .
Do not give us a option day , if you are telling me NO you can NOT take it !
Tell us " GOOD JOB " if we do I good job
Fix preload ! , misloads are UNREAL at my hub 8-15 per TRUCK !
Stop telematics harrasment .
Defend driver 1st if someone calls in on ya . Trust driver !!
Better pension
Better insurance
Small raise
Real over 9.5 rules , not the junk we have now
Less paperwork " sign this " "promise this " stop wasting paper and let me do my job .
Punish me if I do wrong , but DROP the stupid CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!
Stop putting EVERYTHING on driver after we leave the hub , again let me do my job .
Give me my awards back for yrs of service and safe driving , not just a piece of paper . ( I got NOTHING for 20 yrs )
Give me respect

I could go on all night .............. I am glad to have a good job , BUT " I HATE MY JOB !!!! " 24 yrs , and I LOVED LOVED my job 10-12 yrs ago. I would do a GOOD fair job and go home . Now you can NEVER do enough for UPS !

onewithedd

For the part-time ranks they should offer two compensation packages. One with benefits and one without, after all the majority of part-timers are young and don't really care about health insurance and don't plan on making a career out of it, they want money. Offer them a much higher wage, than someone who wants the benefits. A lower wage with benefits and dump the waiting period.

Starting wage definitely needs to be higher.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For the part-time ranks they should offer two compensation packages. One with benefits and one without, after all the majority of part-timers are young and don't really care about health insurance and don't plan on making a career out of it, they want money. Offer them a much higher wage, than someone who wants the benefits. A lower wage with benefits and dump the waiting period. Starting wage definitely needs to be higher.

I have advocated this for the past few years but was told by my BA this past Saturday that this is not an option.

The starting wage for PTers needs to be addressed in the next contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What a great way to describe being a ups driver...THANKS hoax...
now I'm a lot more sisyphticated of the subject:)
Sisyphus was made to roll a huge boulder up a steep hill. Before he could reach the top, however, the massive stone would always roll back down, forcing him to begin again.[SUP][5][/SUP] The maddening nature of the punishment was reserved for King Sisyphus due to his hubristic belief that his cleverness surpassed that of Zeus Himself. Zeus accordingly displayed his own cleverness by consigning Sisyphus to an eternity of useless efforts and unending frustration.

WTF does this have to do with this thread?? This needs to be under Random Facts.