contract raises for PT's?

nystripe96

My seniority date is sept 6th where I'll get my expected pay bump. With the new contract aug 1st should PT's expect to see a raise on that day as well? I'm not entirely sure how general wage increases will work now if starting salaries for new employees is going up to $10 ($11 preload) as I've been hearing.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
As I've posted in other threads:

(*these figures exclude the $1 skilled wage premium)

Old Progression
* start: $8.50
* after 90 days: $9.50
* after 1 year: $10
* after 2 years: $10.50
* after 3 years: $11
* after 4 years: $11.87

New Progression:
* start: $10
* after 1 year: $10.50
* after 2 years: $11
* after 3 years: $12
* after 4 years: $12.50

What does this mean?
PTers who've been with the company less than three years will see adjustments to their wages & everybody else will follow the general wage increases:
(note: this is crudely done & there may be other insignificant adjustments)

-- PTers who've been with the company less than one year will be bumped from $9.50 to $10.20 on August 1, then $10.50 on their first anniversary. They will follow the general wage increases, but be bumped from $11.90 to $12 on their third anniversary.

--PTers who've been with the company less than two years will be bumped to $10.70 on August 1, then $11.00 on their first anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increases.

-- PTers who've been with the company less than three years will be bumped to $11.20 on August 1, then $12.00 on their third anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increase. So if you've been here between two & three years, you're the winner this contract.

-- Incumbent PTers with less than three years BENEFIT from the wage progression in seeing wage increases.

--
New hires will follow the wage progression whereas incumbent PTers will receive the general wage increases. While the wage progression is stronger in the early years -- which BENEFITS incumbent employees -- ultimately the general wage increases reign. Thus incumbent employees hired in today will be earning $13.40 by the end of the contract, whereas employees hired three months from now would receive only $12.50.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/t...#ixzz2SlS0KZiK

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/b...#ixzz2THVF09yZ

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/part-time-wage-increases-350125/#ixzz2TYWzQZ3o

UPS Preloader

My seniority date is sept 6th where I'll get my expected pay bump. With the new contract aug 1st should PT's expect to see a raise on that day as well? I'm not entirely sure how general wage increases will work now if starting salaries for new employees is going up to $10 ($11 preload) as I've been hearing.

70 cents on August 1st, then another 30 cents at your anniversary.

J

jibbs

I love how knowledgeable a lot of members on this site are. I feel like I've just been liking and +repping people without making it known, (most) everybody here is friend*in' awesome, man. A little sarcastic maybe, and definitely cynical as a whole, but I'd be lost in the dark as a UPS Teamster without these answers and sources you all are almost always able to provide.

Just wanted to thank everyone for that. :happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I love how knowledgeable a lot of members on this site are. I feel like I've just been liking and +repping people without making it known, (most) everybody here is friend*in' awesome, man. A little sarcastic maybe, and definitely cynical as a whole, but I'd be lost in the dark as a UPS Teamster without these answers and sources you all are almost always able to provide.

Just wanted to thank everyone for that. :happy-very:

A collective, "You're welcome!"

stacied71

So I was actually hired for last peek worked until xmas eve and they didnt hire me called me in feb 2013 wanting me to come back started back when is my senority date? And I have yet to see a raise except for the dollar when I started back when will I see the raise we were suppose to get in august

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
So I was actually hired for last peek worked until xmas eve and they didnt hire me called me in feb 2013 wanting me to come back started back when is my senority date? And I have yet to see a raise except for the dollar when I started back when will I see the raise we were suppose to get in august

So your seniority date will be feb 2013 when ups was wanting you to come back and you may get a raise in feb 2014 on your seniority date or after all pieces of the contract is ratified everywhere whenever that may be

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You'll get your 50 cent 1 year progression raise in February 2014. I know this because I got mine at my 1 year anniversary in mid August.

When the new contract goes into effect you'll make no less than the new 1 year progression rate ($10.50/$11.50 skilled).

Daalcaar

So, how would it work in my situation? I was hired on June 2013 and didn't obtain my dollar raise until September, which was after after August 1st.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ty all for ur answers.

Did you really save that much time by not spelling out "thank you" and "your"?

What is progression? Obviously didnt read contract, haven't got one.
Wage progression is when you start at a percentage of top pay (usually 75%) and work your way up to top pay over the course of 3 or 4 years with annual % raises along the way. You don't get any of the contractual raises so the bump to top rate at the end of your progression can be quite significant.

So we will get retro for the raises that were due in August?

Yes.

saintrick

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your situation is interesting.

Here is my take on it.

If you are preload or sorter add $1.00 to rates below.

I am assuming you started at $8.50 and at 90 days went to $9.50

Retro to Aug 1, 2013 your pay will be $10.00 to match the new start rate from the contract.

You will receive a back pay check for $1.50 an hour for all hours from 8/1/2013 till your 90 day raise that move you from 8.50 to 9.50, and $.50 an hour for all hours from your 90 day raise until the contract is finalized.

On your seniority date in June 2014 you will move to $10.50 to match the 1 year new hire wage. (If contract is done)

8/1/14 $.70 raise to $11.20.

8/1/15 $.70 raise to $11.90

3 year seniority date you will bump to $12.00 to match the new hire 3 year wage.

8/1/16 $.40 raise to 12.40

2/1/17 $.40 raise to 12.80

8/1/17 $.50 raise to 13.30

2/1/17 $.50 raise to 13.80

saintrick

Thank you saintrick I actually make 10.50 so I dont have senority til June?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sorry, my response was meant for Daalcaar.

You are just like the rest of us and will see the .70 raise when they get this finished.

In my area your seniority date would be the day you started back in February. You should ask your supervisor or HR they can tell you.

You may get a .50 raise on you 1 year seniority date. If this happens I would think you would get .20 cents when the contract is done to complete the .70 raise. In this case your retro check would be .70 for all hours from 8/1/14 to your 1 year and .20 for all hours after that.

Daalcaar

Your situation is interesting.

Here is my take on it.

If you are preload or sorter add $1.00 to rates below.

I am assuming you started at $8.50 and at 90 days went to $9.50

Retro to Aug 1, 2013 your pay will be $10.00 to match the new start rate from the contract.

You will receive a back pay check for $1.50 an hour for all hours from 8/1/2013 till your 90 day raise that move you from 8.50 to 9.50, and $.50 an hour for all hours from your 90 day raise until the contract is finalized.

On your seniority date in June 2014 you will move to $10.50 to match the 1 year new hire wage. (If contract is done)

8/1/14 $.70 raise to $11.20.

8/1/15 $.70 raise to $11.90

3 year seniority date you will bump to $12.00 to match the new hire 3 year wage.

8/1/16 $.40 raise to 12.40

2/1/17 $.40 raise to 12.80

8/1/17 $.50 raise to 13.30

2/1/17 $.50 raise to 13.80

Thanks, Saintrick. I am starting to make sense of it now. It's just that I was a little bit confused because of the fact that I obtained my dollar raise after the new contract date.