Seniority Part Timers Employees Got Screwed Again on Tentative contract!!!

Before I was hired at UPS they told me “ if you take this job, you are going to be significantly underpaid for the amount of work you will do for about 4 hours a day… BUT you will have unreal benefits for you and your family AND you will have the opportunity to eventually become full time, then you will make real money”.

Edwin_06

long term part time by choice is a crazy life choice. All of us top scale drivers make the same wage. I don't care if you work part time for 20 years and new guys makes close or same as you do, that was your decision
For some of us it's more important to be with our family and enjoy life than sell our soul to Ups. Yea sure, you might make great money but deep inside you are miserable. Life is to short, seen many drivers retired and their biggest regret is not being there for their kids.

I don't buy it. If they were concerned about UPS removing the MRA's they could have just included that in the contract. Given that they have given and taken away the MRA's before I don't see how it would be bad faith to remove them once again.
We will know this Friday if they took them away last Tuesday.

Brownwind

For some of us it's more important to be with our family and enjoy life than sell our soul to Ups. Yea sure, you might make great money but deep inside you are miserable. Life is to short, seen many drivers retired and their biggest regret is not being there for their kids.
Quit and get out why you can or bid a route that is in your neighborhood. Take your lunch at home with your family and enjoy the job. If that’s not an option then have your wife pick up the kids and take a later lunch with them on your route.
Don’t pull the my wife works card and my kids have after school activities line. If they want to be with you they will adjust.

Sell your soul to UPS?? You mean working a full time job that you signed up for?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Before I was hired at UPS they told me “ if you take this job, you are going to be significantly underpaid for the amount of work you will do for about 4 hours a day… BUT you will have unreal benefits for you and your family AND you will have the opportunity to eventually become full time, then you will make real money”.
Read the above post accompanied with inspirational music! Brings tears to the eyes!

wtb2008

So new hires go immediately $21 an hour, an existing employees at $16.20, too? Meaning a jump of $4.80 increased. Seniority Employees get $2.75, it's that equality? Union focused on new hires, and with the possibility of those join the union to get a profit of it. This is not a clear contract, 7.50 an hour increment to the length of the contract. So new hires get what, all those existing employees with 16.20 an hour get what after the first year, they will bump to 21, already. They received bonuses for the last two years on pick season, seniority Part Timers people None! It's this equality?

We Seniority Part Timers Employees, feeling like we working for free all this years, no respect. We skilled employees, getting underpaid, and new hires stepping out unskilled. That's so disrespectful.

This is an insult to our intelligence. There's no Win, Win, Win, Carol!!

This tentative contract sucks again, no equality, only greed, manipulation, and publicity.

I saw unloaders almost passing out on the hub, little fans on their doors, what happens with retirees in this contract? Something is not right. We can't vote Yes, to this crappy contract.
Agreed. They have basically hidden the fact that part timers that might finally get a chance to go full time basically start fresh. The contract that was proposed gave $.75 for every year of senority which was a much better deal than the rate increase the union wants us to sign off on.

govols019

You smell that?
Agreed. They have basically hidden the fact that part timers that might finally get a chance to go full time basically start fresh. The contract that was proposed gave $.75 for every year of senority which was a much better deal than the rate increase the union wants us to sign off on.

We have 30 year part-timers, they'd be over $50 an hour if that happened.

Karma...

look at the numbers......up until this contract pters have always been screwed by the fters who have taken the best share of the contracts....its not perfect yet but its a step in the right direction .......kudos to sean and carol for starting to correct the inequalities of the past.....I suggest that the union re-think their relationships and responsibilities with their pters...there is a lot of current benefit money that many pters dont see and is used to provide good benefits for the fters....imagine what the benefits would be for the fters if there were no pters to prop them up....pters put in a disportioncate percentage into h and w and draw a disportioncate amount out compared to the fters....the union can and should do a better job with distribution.....

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

look at the numbers......up until this contract pters have always been screwed by the fters who have taken the best share of the contracts....its not perfect yet but its a step in the right direction .......kudos to sean and carol for starting to correct the inequalities of the past.....I suggest that the union re-think their relationships and responsibilities with their pters...there is a lot of current benefit money that many pters dont see and is used to provide good benefits for the fters....imagine what the benefits would be for the fters if there were no pters to prop them up....pters put in a disportioncate percentage into h and w and draw a disportioncate amount out compared to the fters....the union can and should do a better job with distribution.....
1691841139631.gif

GameCockFan

Wrong.

Verified current PT employees will make a floor of 21 after the GWI (2.75) is added to their current pay. The 0-4.99 yrs get 0 catch up, 5-9.99 yrs get $0.50, and 10-14.99 yrs get $1.00, and 15+ yr PT employees get $1.50.

So if you are making 18.30 the 2.75 pushes you to 21.05 which is above the floor price of 21 then you add $0.50 for the catch up and being a 5-9.99 yr employee for a total of $21.55. If you were at 17.45 the 2.75 pushes you to 20.20 which is less than the floor of 21 so you get 21 and as a 0-4.99 yr employee you stay at 21 (thereby making the same as someone hired after aug 1st 2023).
But the new hire is in a 4 year progression and will go from $21 to $23, while seniority employees will get the yearly GWI (2.75 .75 .75 1.00 2.25)

MattM

But the new hire is in a 4 year progression and will go from $21 to $23, while seniority employees will get the yearly GWI (2.75 .75 .75 1.00 2.25)
It’s very difficult to explain this point to some of my 0-4.99 year coworkers
2023: both are at $21
2024: senior folks will be at 21.75, while the new hires will be locked into 50 cent raises, so $21.50
2025: $22.50 vs. $22
2026: $23.50 vs. $22.50
2027: $25.75 ($2.25 raise) vs. $23
That difference is currently more than a 10 year certain compared to a 90 day senior employee. Many 10 year vets are at $19 and will jump up to $22.75, just $1.75 than basically new hires.

PT Car Washer

It’s very difficult to explain this point to some of my 0-4.99 year coworkers
2023: both are at $21
2024: senior folks will be at 21.75, while the new hires will be locked into 50 cent raises, so $21.50
2025: $22.50 vs. $22
2026: $23.50 vs. $22.50
2027: $25.75 ($2.25 raise) vs. $23
That difference is currently more than a 10 year certain compared to a 90 day senior employee. Many 10 year vets are at $19 and will jump up to $22.75, just $1.75 than basically new hires.
And the Union called this contract a victory?