Contractor in Midwest offering huge bonus and pay to work for them?

bacha29

I got so distracted when the Quigley got brought up. gosh darn if that wouldn't be awesome to drive around here in Colo! Or a Pinz!
I had an E350 Quigley 4X4 conversion Warn manual hubs 10ft cargo box with overhead door in the back with side access doors 4R100 transmission 7.3L Ford Powerstroke Diesel and a big old cow catcher mounted up front. It took over a year to build it out and it cost me plenty but well worth it .Now with X being so city minded that they wouldn't approve it but the TM at the time was a real life Jeremiah Johnson told me to go ahead and get it so we lied and said it was a P700. By the time they found out about it was too late. Not long afterward when word got around managers from around the region were coming up to take a look at it and take photos. The only real problem was that it set up so damn high I had to install steps to climb up in it,

Southeast Hoss

no way this is happening
After inquiring about open positions for fedex ground due to my unsatisfactory experience working for my current ground contractor I got an offer from a contractor in the midwest (I'm currently west coast) who offered to pay a $6k bonus and $1k/week to help with the large demand of december. Apparently they are extremely hard pressed for drivers out there which I can only assume is due to the much smaller populations, my question is what's the catch?

I explained my current work environment to this contractor, badly maintained vehicles, low pay, and a sickening turnover rate, they were quite surprised to hear it's like that out here. I can't help but be skeptical and to be honest have a distrust for fedex as a company just by seeing their business philosophy first hand.

Does this sound too good to be true? Am I going to have to get what they're offering on paper to ensure it's a legitimate thing? As far as I can tell they only expect employment through december and after that it's up to me whether I want to stay or not. I'm not particularly optimistic about going so far from home for work as I have some responsibilities here but if it's only a month I could likely work around that.