Returning to UPS

BrownThunder

Good evening Gang,

I'll get straight to it.

Drove from Late 2015 to July 2020.
Hung it up due to fears over COVID with elderly parents.

Covid blew over, and I'm itching to jump back into the suck.

I have a couple drivers I still talk to, and one of them told me if it's been less than 3 years since I left, I can reach out to the Union and see if I can get reinstated with my seniority still intact.

Curious if anyone here can co-sign what he said. I will be calling the Union in the morning to see what my options are. I have buddies who drive for FedEx and they are all for me joining them, but the pay and benefits are not as robust as what I've come from. I have a conditional offer from them, and with the ground & express operation merging under one house it could be beneficial in the future. Who knows.

Push come to shove I'll drive fedex and work my way back into the UPS ecosystem. Didn't leave on bad terms, stayed out of trouble and supervisors were let down that I was pulling out. I'm sure they'd love to have me back in their center.

I'm cool with going back to Integrad, shouldn't be an issue but I would like to drive again.

Pullman Brown

Good evening Gang,

I'll get straight to it.

Drove from Late 2015 to July 2020.
Hung it up due to fears over COVID with elderly parents.

Covid blew over, and I'm itching to jump back into the suck.

I have a couple drivers I still talk to, and one of them told me if it's been less than 3 years since I left, I can reach out to the Union and see if I can get reinstated with my seniority still intact.

Curious if anyone here can co-sign what he said. I will be calling the Union in the morning to see what my options are. I have buddies who drive for FedEx and they are all for me joining them, but the pay and benefits are not as robust as what I've come from. I have a conditional offer from them, and with the ground & express operation merging under one house it could be beneficial in the future. Who knows.

Push come to shove I'll drive fedex and work my way back into the UPS ecosystem. Didn't leave on bad terms, stayed out of trouble and supervisors were let down that I was pulling out. I'm sure they'd love to have me back in their center.

I'm cool with going back to Integrad, shouldn't be an issue but I would like to drive again.

Um.. yeah you are going to have to get back in the building and go part-time and sign the bid sheets. You can temp drive. You know this. It’s all about seniority.

Understood. I accepted that when I left. I'll still call my local union tomorrow for confirmation, but it's looking like I'll need to link with FedUp until I get another shot at driving brown again.
No it wasn't really a good time to get back into UPS.
Things have been a little bit on the slow side lately a lot of the junior drivers are not working right now plus we're less than 6 weeks away from our contract deadline

Pullman Brown

Understood. I accepted that when I left. I'll still call my local union tomorrow for confirmation, but it's looking like I'll need to link with FedUp until I get another shot at driving brown again.

If you’re talking about getting hired of the street okay- but your shot is going to be the old-fashioned way start in the building.

rod

Retired 22 years
Times sure have changed. There wasn't any "I changed my mind " back when men were men. Good luck. I don't see it happening but I was wrong about beards and air conditioning so who knows.

BrownThunder

Lol quit because of covid. It's amazing that you have no qualms about admitting how brainwashed and lack of common sense you have. I applaud you

I applaud you for knowing that it was all BS from the start. All I knew was I had elderly parents who's life I would not gamble for a job. The time away was fantastic for my family but I do miss it, hence the thread.

BrownThunder

Times sure have changed. There wasn't any "I changed my mind " back when men were men. Good luck. I don't see it happening but I was wrong about beards and air conditioning so who knows.
Put your dick back in your pants. "Back when men were men":rolleyes: Give me a break.

Nah
Lol quit because of covid. It's amazing that you have no qualms about admitting how brainwashed and lack of common sense you have. I applaud you.
At least he left instead of trying to force everyone to wear masks or get an experimental gene therapy (which ended up happening/nearly happening anyway).

I can respect that.

Staydryitsraining

At least he left instead of trying to force everyone to wear masks or get an experimental gene therapy (which ended up happening/nearly happening anyway).

I can respect that.
Myself and others refused to mask up in the building. If getting that fake ass shot would have been activated to keep my job I would have sued and been fired first regardless of the outcome.

Nah
Myself and others refused to mask up in the building. If getting that fake ass shot would have been activated to keep my job I would have sued and been fired first regardless of the outcome.
You had a good manager then. Terminations happened here for mask refusal.

I left UPS before the OSHA thing would have happened.

My point is...most people want the world to revolve around them. YOU better wear a mask because I MIGHT get sick.

This guy was worried about his elderly parents, and instead of making demands of others, he decided to remove himself from the situation.

You don't usually see that. It's good.

BrownThunder

I can respect that.
I appreciate you trying to understand. COVID became a "thing" in February 2020. By 2/20 I went out on sick leave and exhausted all of my sick time, then went on FMLA for 12 weeks. Stayed glued to major media (looking back, that was a mistake) and it painted a pretty dark picture. At the end of my FMLA I asked management to see if they would extend me another 30 days. My center manager said he couldn't do it. I told him I would walk. Every supervisor in the center called me asking if this was something I really wanted to do. I said no it's something I felt I had to do. July 1st that was that.

Hardest decision I've had to make. It is what it is I'm trained by the best and can drive my ass off regardless of what color the truck is. If FedEx is welcoming me with open arms I'll go there. Simple as that.

Thebrownblob

I appreciate you trying to understand. COVID became a "thing" in February 2020. By 2/20 I went out on sick leave and exhausted all of my sick time, then went on FMLA for 12 weeks. Stayed glued to major media (looking back, that was a mistake) and it painted a pretty dark picture. At the end of my FMLA I asked management to see if they would extend me another 30 days. My center manager said he couldn't do it. I told him I would walk. Every supervisor in the center called me asking if this was something I really wanted to do. I said no it's something I felt I had to do. July 1st that was that.

Hardest decision I've had to make. It is what it is I'm trained by the best and can drive my ass off regardless of what color the truck is. If FedEx is welcoming me with open arms I'll go there. Simple as that.
Pretty big hiring freeze most places at UPS better off looking at FedEx