Counter Offer!

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Attach files/ insert/ full image
funny-raccoon-in-green-sunglasses-showing-a-rock-gesture-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Thebrownblob

May I remind you sir that as I plainly stated earlier I did NOT write that news report . Personally I couldn't care less about what was transpiring . I only called your attention to what was publicly disclosed earlier.

Instead of calling your union and bringing the matter to it's attention you guys instead launch into personal attacks aimed at me.

The elitist prima donna attitudes on the part of a bunch of unskilled laborers with high school diplomas and little else whose only protection is a labor union whose power is diminishing and has an increasingly unfavorable public opinion is why the IBT is on an island and nobody to come rescue them if events in the next 31 days do not fall their way.
We cannot go on strike until August 1 at the earliest we would be sued out of existence. And personally, I don’t think will be going on strike. Then the company is slowly moving their position.

bacha29

We were not going on strike 7–1 or 7-5,
Once again I did not write the news story. I only called you guys attention to it.

I am fundamentally very pro labor . However in the aftermath of the personal attacks I was unjustly subjected to nothing would make me happier than to see you arrogant mother fornicators caught up in the bitterest longest duration labor battle this country has seen in decades, ending in a stalemate leaving the IBT to quietly go to congress hat in hand and ask it to compel UPS to reoffer a contract that was rejected many months earlier but UPS doesn't care because by that time nearly 40% of your membership has crossed the picket line and gone back to work and the rest of the labor force has been filled in capably with off the street replacements that the 40% have quickly brought up to speed.

And don't even try to tell me it can't happen because in 97 solidarity among the rank and file was beginning to break after just 2 weeks.

Once again I did not write the news story. I only called you guys attention to it.

I am fundamentally very pro labor . However in the aftermath of the personal attacks I was unjustly subjected to nothing would make me happier than to see you arrogant mother fornicators caught up in the bitterest longest duration labor battle this country has seen in decades, ending in a stalemate leaving the IBT to quietly go to congress hat in hand and ask it to compel UPS to reoffer a contract that was rejected many months earlier but UPS doesn't care because by that time nearly 40% of your membership has crossed the picket line and gone back to work and the rest of the labor force has been filled in capably with off the street replacements that the 40% have quickly brought up to speed.

And don't even try to tell me it can't happen because in 97 solidarity among the rank and file was beginning to break after just 2 weeks.
Dave is that you?
Sheesh

Thebrownblob

OK I’m just informing you and for future reference you should probably read every story and figure they’re 90% wrong because most of them are.

And how the hell do you know if solidarity was breaking in 1997 keep your mouth shut if you don’t know what you’re talking about instead of looking like an idiot I was there it definitely was not breaking :censored2:

bacha29

OK I’m just informing you and for future reference you should probably read every story and figure they’re 90% wrong because most of them are.

And how the hell do you know if solidarity was breaking in 1997 keep your mouth shut if you don’t know what you’re talking about instead of looking like an idiot I was there it definitely was not breaking :censored2:

All I did was to call you people's attention to a current copyrighted news story regarding progress (or lack of) regarding your expiring contract and talks of a new one.

From that point onward it was up to you people to contact your union to gets it's response to that story.
'
Instead the response was a barrage of personal attacks from you and your fellow IBT members.

Where once I was a friend and supporter of organized labor thanks to the personal attacks right now as far as I'm concerned there is nothing that could happen to you people that would be worse that what you deserve. Moreover, there was no scenario that I presented you with that was outside the realm of possibility. Given the responses it would appear that many of you are in denial and the stronger the denial the less prepared the denier often is.

As mighty and invulnerable you people think you are your fate will still be decided by the economy. favorable legislation and the most powerful force of all... public opinion. None of which are currently your friends as evidenced by the fact that only 6% of private sector employees are represented by a labor union. And public sector employees who consider themselves to be professionals almost never venture out of their sheltered little world....As a result you guys are truly on your own .

Brownwind

All I did was to call you people's attention to a current copyrighted news story regarding progress (or lack of) regarding your expiring contract and talks of a new one.

From that point onward it was up to you people to contact your union to gets it's response to that story.
'
Instead the response was a barrage of personal attacks from you and your fellow IBT members.

Where once I was a friend and supporter of organized labor thanks to the personal attacks right now as far as I'm concerned there is nothing that could happen to you people that would be worse that what you deserve. Moreover, there was no scenario that I presented you with that was outside the realm of possibility. Given the responses it would appear that many of you are in denial and the stronger the denial the less prepared the denier often is.

As mighty and invulnerable you people think you are your fate will still be decided by the economy. favorable legislation and the most powerful force of all... public opinion. None of which are currently your friends as evidenced by the fact that only 6% of private sector employees are represented by a labor union. And public sector employees who consider themselves to be professionals almost never venture out of their sheltered little world....As a result you guys are truly on your own .
Easy. Time to enjoy your evening and relax. Don’t overthink it. Let the process play out.

Way too much speculation.

'

You clearly know nothing about organized labor, as evidenced by your ridiculous scenarios that are beyond the boundaries of possibility. You'd (obviously) be amazed at the public support we have, look at the labor movement going all around you, how many places are organizing today compared to twenty years, even five years ago.

Sometimes it's better to say, "I don't know" instead of doubling down and showing your ass. It's okay to be wrong, we all do it.

Now beat it back to your fdx threads.

Thebrownblob

'

1688183778804.gif