Courier Base Rate Step Progression

MAKAVELI

No doubt they have the sweet contract. The teamsters have the upper hand. BUT ask their retirees about how their pensions are in jeopardy. Them and many other teamsters retirees have seen their pensions cut by 30 to 40%. Some were affected, some weren't. UPS has also gone to different tiered salaries. The new drivers are not on the same scale as the older employees. I don't believe their top salary will be the same as older employees. The same for UAW employees. Workers hired today will never make what an older UAW employee does.

We never have been on the same pay level as UPS. It sucks but those are the facts. I wish we did but we don't. If your life is miserable and you will only be happy when you make UPS wages, you will be miserable for a long long time. UPS pilots don't make close to what our pilots make and our couriers will never make what UPS drivers make. I wish it was the other way around but it isn't. I will take my 6am to 5pm shift any day over the 9am to 8pm shift UPS works in my area. More money would be nice but when you work their hours, when do you get to enjoy life?
More lies from the FedEx kool aid dept. All UPS drivers make the same once topped out except for some locals who voted to put raises towards retirement funds. Drivers hired under the current contract top out in 4 years vs 3 years in previous contracts. That is the only difference. UPS pilots make the same as FedEx pilots. And not all UPS drivers work 12 + hours a day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I would bet that the divorce rate for you miserable "I hate my job" and everything else in life is off the charts. There is no way any woman or man for those that go that way would ever stay committed to such miserable people. No matter what someone does for you, it is NEVER enough.

Fred doesn't do for you, he does to you. I know you worship The Weasel, but just put down the Kool-Aid and think.

ManInBrown

UPS has also gone to different tiered salaries. The new drivers are not on the same scale as the older employees. I don't believe their top salary will be the same as older employees.

WRONG. There is no two tier wage system. They've just lengthened the time it takes to get there

Oldfart

More lies from the FedEx kool aid dept. All UPS drivers make the same once topped out except for some locals who voted to put raises towards retirement funds. Drivers hired under the current contract top out in 4 years vs 3 years in previous contracts. That is the only difference. UPS pilots make the same as FedEx pilots. And not all UPS drivers work 12 + hours a day.
LOL. Learn tread buddy. UPS pilots make no where near what our guys do. There are articles in the USA Today and other publications yearly when contracts are written. And yes, there are different tiered salaries in their driver ranks so once again, you are mistaken. They have guys around here doing the FO type service and Overnight deliveries driving small vans and those guys told me their pay scale is totally different than the package car drivers. And while their drivers don't all work 12 hrs, the fact remains in my city, they do start at 9 am. And I used a 9am to 8pm example for UPS drivers. In what world is that 12hrs. Not only are you ignorant in your statements, you can't even do simple math.

Oldfart

You people deal in hate and bitterness. I deal in facts and reality. Nobody denies the UPS drivers make more than us. According to their drivers I talk to, your statements about new hires is totally incorrect. My statements about our pilots making more than theirs is 100% correct. You miserables like to yell WRONG, LIES, INCORRECT. The facts that are easily obtained with a simple Google search simply to do not back up your hatred claims.

optikz

No doubt they have the sweet contract. The teamsters have the upper hand. BUT ask their retirees about how their pensions are in jeopardy. Them and many other teamsters retirees have seen their pensions cut by 30 to 40%. Some were affected, some weren't. UPS has also gone to different tiered salaries. The new drivers are not on the same scale as the older employees. I don't believe their top salary will be the same as older employees. The same for UAW employees. Workers hired today will never make what an older UAW employee does.

We never have been on the same pay level as UPS. It sucks but those are the facts. I wish we did but we don't. If your life is miserable and you will only be happy when you make UPS wages, you will be miserable for a long long time. UPS pilots don't make close to what our pilots make and our couriers will never make what UPS drivers make. I wish it was the other way around but it isn't. I will take my 6am to 5pm shift any day over the 9am to 8pm shift UPS works in my area. More money would be nice but when you work their hours, when do you get to enjoy life?

they don't have different wages for their drivers. they have different classifications where they may make different amounts. an all air driver doesn't make the same as a ground driver.

MAKAVELI

LOL. Learn tread buddy. UPS pilots make no where near what our guys do. There are articles in the USA Today and other publications yearly when contracts are written. And yes, there are different tiered salaries in their driver ranks so once again, you are mistaken. They have guys around here doing the FO type service and Overnight deliveries driving small vans and those guys told me their pay scale is totally different than the package car drivers. And while their drivers don't all work 12 hrs, the fact remains in my city, they do start at 9 am. And I used a 9am to 8pm example for UPS drivers. In what world is that 12hrs. Not only are you ignorant in your statements, you can't even do simple math.
You are the ignorant one bro. Educate yourself before you make yourself look even more ignorant. UPS is just like us in that they have various start times for their drivers at different locations. Where I'm at they start as early as you doing EAM del and then their reg routes. There is no two tier wage system for full time package car drivers. They all make the same once topped out. And as far as their pilots, their new contract has captains making more than ours. It's right here in writing for you. You can read can't you?
FedEx Express | AirlinePilotCentral.com
United Parcel Service | AirlinePilotCentral.com

Last edited:

Oldfart

So you think in your demented hatred filled minds that a courier in Omaha should make the same as a courier in NYC. Obviously you have never been to NYC or Chicago or DC and seen what is totally different about the job there. The courier still delivers packages in both locations but the responsibilities are night and day. Watch a guy run a rt anywhere in Manhattan and look up to 60, 70, 80 story buildings and that's where the difference starts. Running multiple rts out of the same truck due to traffic and parking problems. It is noting like anything I have ever seen. The city of Omaha has 1 building that has 45 floors and most of the rest are in the 20 floor range. Many of the Omaha rts are extended area, lots of miles, not so many stops. Watch the NYC courier deal with the several million people a day that walk thru Time Square and he is trying to run his rt in that rat race. Years ago, NYC had stations that delivered documents only because they could be more productive that way while letting others fight with box deliveries. While the NYC courier lives in one of the 5 most expensive cities in the country, the Omaha couriers lives in one of the most affordable. Just about every major company that has locations in major cities pays their employees a different salary depending on the cost associated with living in that city. UPS is one of the exceptions.

Oldfart

You are the ignorant one bro. Educate yourself before you make yourself look even more ignorant. UPS is just like us in that they have various start times for their drivers at different locations. Where I'm at they start as early as you doing EAM del and then their reg routes. There is no two tier wage system for full time package car drivers. They all make the same once topped out. And as far as their pilots, there new contract has captains making more than ours. It's right here in writing for you. You can read can't you?
FedEx Express | AirlinePilotCentral.com
United Parcel Service | AirlinePilotCentral.com

It took till the new contract for their pilots to match ours. They were 50 to 75k behind ours in previous contracts. I never said all UPS start times are the same. I only used my area as an example. Here they start at 9am and they have a totally separate work force doing their FO and many of their heavy P1 style routes. Those guys tell me their scale is different. You know so much, those guys must be lying. The package car guys around here make a few P1 style deliveries and then start on the rest of their rt. Starting at 9, they only get about an hr worth of deliveries in before 1030. By the time they even clock in, I have been making stops for 1.5 hrs.

abused.crr

FedEx couriers make exactly what they deserve to make. In our market a 5 or 6 year courier makes about $15 an hour less than a ups package car driver. And most of the couriers are part time, but on the weeks a manager needs them to work 50+ hours they always do. So why would FedEx make them full time if they're willing to be part time but work full time hours? And as far as making $15 an hour less than the ups person; sfa is around 90%, no couriers call hr and voice their concerns about pay, and I've never heard anyone at my station say a peep in a sfa meeting about pay. Ups drivers get payed what was negotiated for them, we get paid the least amount that Fred wants to pay us.

I just took an rtd job. I'll get the cdls and a few months experience, and I'll move on.

Oldfart

FedEx couriers make exactly what they deserve to make. In our market a 5 or 6 year courier makes about $15 an hour less than a ups package car driver. And most of the couriers are part time, but on the weeks a manager needs them to work 50+ hours they always do. So why would FedEx make them full time if they're willing to be part time but work full time hours? And as far as making $15 an hour less than the ups person; sfa is around 90%, no couriers call hr and voice their concerns about pay, and I've never heard anyone at my station say a peep in a sfa meeting about pay. Ups drivers get payed what was negotiated for them, we get paid the least amount that Fred wants to pay us.

I just took an rtd job. I'll get the cdls and a few months experience, and I'll move on.
RTD in my market makes over $27 an hour. VERY few truck lines pay that. UPS being an exception. Southeastern and MANY of the nonunion truck lines DO NOT PAY OVERTIME. Because of the state they are based in, if you work 50 hrs, it is all straight time. My class A and HAZ license has benefited me in my years at Fdx, but with only 1 or 2 companies out there would I make more than what they pay me here.

MAKAVELI

RTD in my market makes over $27 an hour. VERY few truck lines pay that. UPS being an exception. Southeastern and MANY of the nonunion truck lines DO NOT PAY OVERTIME. Because of the state they are based in, if you work 50 hrs, it is all straight time. My class A and HAZ license has benefited me in my years at Fdx, but with only 1 or 2 companies out there would I make more than what they pay me here.
RTD has the same friend up pay scale couriers have. Most mid range are not topped out.

ManInBrown

So you think in your demented hatred filled minds that a courier in Omaha should make the same as a courier in NYC. Obviously you have never been to NYC or Chicago or DC and seen what is totally different about the job there. The courier still delivers packages in both locations but the responsibilities are night and day. Watch a guy run a rt anywhere in Manhattan and look up to 60, 70, 80 story buildings and that's where the difference starts. Running multiple rts out of the same truck due to traffic and parking problems. It is noting like anything I have ever seen. The city of Omaha has 1 building that has 45 floors and most of the rest are in the 20 floor range. Many of the Omaha rts are extended area, lots of miles, not so many stops. Watch the NYC courier deal with the several million people a day that walk thru Time Square and he is trying to run his rt in that rat race. Years ago, NYC had stations that delivered documents only because they could be more productive that way while letting others fight with box deliveries. While the NYC courier lives in one of the 5 most expensive cities in the country, the Omaha couriers lives in one of the most affordable. Just about every major company that has locations in major cities pays their employees a different salary depending on the cost associated with living in that city. UPS is one of the exceptions.
Hi Fred

Yomama11

You just validated my point about people complaining no matter what the company does for the employees. Some of us are getting a $175 to $200 a month increase in pay and the insurance is increasing by maybe $30 a month with eye and dental added to health and you are still complaining. Not many people pay less than $200 for health, dental and vision insurance for family coverage.

Next years raise will be .99 for some of us and yet the miserables will still be whining.
If I was getting an extra $175 a month I wouldn't be complaining but since Im going to get about half of that I am going to complain..so my attitude towards psp is going to change..fedex don't care about loyalty than I won't either

dezguy

So a courier in Omaha Neb should make the same as a courier in New York city?
Ummm... We all do the same job, do we not? Why shouldn't we get paid the same rate?

Besides, in my experience, having worked at both small stations and large stations, you generally work much harder at a small station. And seeing how small stations are usually in areas of the country with the lowest pay scale, it would seem to me those people deserve be paid at least as much as those at larger stations based on the extra amount of work they do.