Courtesy Manners, Call Forward, Cell Phones with peers, support and Management

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MaryE, May 22, 2010.

1. MaryE

MaryE Guest

Pet Peeve;

In for 6 month counseling, phone rings, evaluator / Manager says I must check this......

It is next level boss for counselor, they "MUST" talk to boss, lose flow of conversation to answer boss during counseling.....

You request outside assistance for PE that you are paying for i.e. Air conditioning HVAC repair....

HVAC person gets call in the middle of conversation with you of the problem and expense for repair....

They ignore you, lose train of thought to answer Cell phone call for another job........

Talking to peer, business related conversation, very important to you....

His girl friend calls, He answers, you are deferred until his personal business is completed.....

I hate Cell phones, call forward that does not go to voice mail, and the ignorant year 2000 and beyond lack of manners that prevail...

What about you ? Whoops you are probably an offender who is blind to the art of complete conversations and scared not to answer your phone immediately...

2. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

I 'm sorry were you saying something?

3. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Hold on, I've got to take this.

4. SWORDFISH

SWORDFISH New Member

in charlie sheens words from 2.5 men
    "I understand"
    :peaceful:

5. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

First thing I said. :dont_know:

7. bad company

bad company semi-pro

I'll keep drinking some more... maybe I'll understand it better :happy-very:

8. bad company

bad company semi-pro

I'm pretty sure that ending every phrase with .... does not constitute a complete sentence... yet alone a complete conversation ....

Ironic isn't it? ................................................................................

9. MaryE

MaryE Guest

Huh? You are right.
    Please delete me, and all my post.
    Thanks

10. NHDRVR

NHDRVR New Member

You enjoy the run ons .....

more than I do...

11. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Let's try this again so do you want a medal or something.

12. cachsux

cachsux Wah

I think we`ve found Klein or Integrity a girlfriend.

13. FracusBrown

FracusBrown Ponies and Planes

Annoying:
    People call me on my cell, then tell me to hold on while they finish whatever they were doing.
    People that talk on the phone while backing out of a parking space.
    People that walk around in public, in restaurants or on the toilet, carrying on a normal conversation out loud.

The last things I need to hear is hold on, grunt, plop, flush or the nitty gritty details of a person's personal life or "sorry, I backed over a kid" or "into your car."

14. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I think if your going to talk on a cell phone you should strongly consider a blue tooth. I've got two Jawbone primes that I use while Im on my route that allow me to talk for hours hand free. It passes the day and your alot safer than keeping the phone to your ear.

15. jimstud

jimstud Banned

no blue tooth allowed in my building.

16. SWORDFISH

SWORDFISH New Member

LOL! Your kidding right?

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Bluetooth interferes with the technology in your center but should not be a problem on the road.

18. jimstud

jimstud Banned

no blue tooth on the road either.

19. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

We are allowed we had a decision at the panel

20. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

No I'm not kidding we have conference calls with my fellow teamsters sometimes there 3 4 we've had up to 8 on the line it's a big joke around here. If one of my brothers needs me I'm available all the time.