Courtesy Manners, Call Forward, Cell Phones with peers, support and Management

over9five

Staff member
Not long ago they posted signs saying "no talking on cells while driving", but they had to take them all down. In Massachusetts, you can use a cell while driving.

I guess UPS can't outlaw something that's legal.....

or it's not in the contract, or something....

I forget.....just back from a party.....had lotsa beer.....

My question is, besides the union conference call, who are all of these driver's talking to all day, anyways?

It's like a big boys club we just shoot the $h*+ if there is more than three on the line it gets kind of hard to follow the conversation. Most of us are out in the country we don't have 150 stops I go out with 65 or so there is alot of driving so theres just time to talk. Plus it's legal where I'm at and it's in the contract so it is what it is if was not legal I would buy a radio.

SWORDFISH

It's like a big boys club we just shoot the $h*+ if there is more than three on the line it gets kind of hard to follow the conversation. Most of us are out in the country we don't have 150 stops I go out with 65 or so there is alot of driving so theres just time to talk. Plus it's legal where I'm at and it's in the contract so it is what it is if was not legal I would buy a radio.

407, It isnt legal via contract to have blue tooth at all look below. You could hold the phone to your ear if its legal in your state but no blue tooth. I even found a loop hole for me. I can talk on my phone if Im not holding it and its on speaker phone but under no other condition.

article 18-8 b says: Head sets and ear phones shall not be allowed

bad company

semi-pro
407, It isnt legal via contract to have blue tooth at all look below. You could hold the phone to your ear if its legal in your state but no blue tooth. I even found a loop hole for me. I can talk on my phone if Im not holding it and its on speaker phone but under no other condition.

article 18-8 b says: Head sets and ear phones shall not be allowed

I had to re-read article 18-8.

The head sets and ear phones language applies to CB radios.... In fact, 18-8A - 18-8E, all refer to the use of CB radios. Bluetooth would fall under "applicable laws regarding the use of cell phones while driving will be followed by all employees while driving company vehicles."

SWORDFISH

I had to re-read article 18-8.

The head sets and ear phones language applies to CB radios.... In fact, 18-8A - 18-8E, all refer to the use of CB radios. Bluetooth would fall under "applicable laws regarding the use of cell phones while driving will be followed by all employees while driving company vehicles."

Whoops, thank you for the correction. I should have read the whole thing instead of skimming through it. So if the company has a policy of no cell phones yet the contract says otherwise then the contract supercedes the policy? Im going to have to talk to the BA because they have been kicking drivers buts about being on the cell phone. I got a warning letter last year for it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does anyone else think a cell phone is a distraction while driving around trying to find addresses??? But I guess its about the same as having an on road sup riding with you every other day just...just sayin'

SWORDFISH

Does anyone else think a cell phone is a distraction while driving around trying to find addresses??? But I guess its about the same as having an on road sup riding with you every other day just...just sayin'

I think some people can talk and drive just fine while others shouldnt be talking at all. I have seen both and people will disagree but its JMO. :peaceful:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think some people can talk and drive just fine while others shouldnt be talking at all. I have seen both and people will disagree but its JMO. :peaceful:

The scary ones are grandma and grandpa whos holding the phone to their ear like a banana and not paying one ounce of attention to anything.