Crazy things they've made us do..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

since you don't know what his route entails, he probably had 10-15 more deliveries to do in between his air stops according to orion.
Orion has eta time stamps for each delivery. So breaking off 5 miles to do those other deliveries puts him behind for the rest of the day, sorta like a snowball effect

The thing is he didn't have to break off as HE DROVE RIGHT BY THEM!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Let's suppose those two air stops were in his EDD. Would Orion have still had him drive by those two stops or would they have been his first two stops?

(I will--thanks)

If they were assigned to his truck (in his EDD), yes, they may have been ordered earlier.

The ORION solution is not completed until the preload is done.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Not likely, but his boss TOLD him to go to his first ORION stop. And yes you have 20 minutes if you left the building when Orion thinks you did, if you got out 15 late, you have five, and if it had you digging out pkgs , instead of them magically being in reach, you may not have enough time. You have to learn what to skip, and when to break.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Suppose the OP would have done the right thing and delivered the air on the way to his first stop. Don't you think his on-car and center manager would have thanked him for making the right call? (Yes, I am being serious)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Suppose the OP would have done the right thing and delivered the air on the way to his first stop. Don't you think his on-car and center manager would have thanked him for making the right call? (Yes, I am being serious)
No, He would be on a report tomorrow. And they would be getting an a** chewing for a driver not going to his first stop. I know yes, it is common sense. But it will get you in the office.

nayrsiem

Our center has been on Orion for almost 2 years and we haven't gotten the "1st stop no matter what" stuff yet. I'm sure it will come at some point but so far it's just about hitting that %85 number

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

It would depend on how badly his on-car and center manager were being berated by the DM on the daily conference call.

You have no idea yet, Dave.

None.

JackStraw

One day Orion had me driving to the middle of my route to do a ground stop as my 1st, then driving back to the beginning of my route to start my airs. Normally I would make the decision on my own and flag the 1st til later. But now we have to get approval the skip OFS. I figure that this is so absurd that even my anal retentive OC would agree and say "Yeah your right this makes no sense" Nope. He said I gotta do it. Part of me thinks he was doing it to be an a-hole and I came this close(two fingers held very close to each other) telling him he was just that, another part thinks that he's feeling the heat from above and his hands are tied. so I did it.

OPTION3

Yes......with a warning letter for failure to follow instructions