Current Flavor of the Month?

rod

Retired 22 years
Funny, look who's on their damn high horse now, making decisions that aren't theirs to make. You better get out while you're behind.

There were a couple of drivers at my old center that seemed to never get into any trouble making their own decisions. This included making their own daily cuts to other drivers with later starts who weren't there to defend themselves. These guys got away with it because - you guessed it - they were the kings of brown nosing. I still have a warning letter I received for giving a friend a few residential stops ( it was even his idea) so I could get off in time to attend one of my sons 1st school programs. The letter was for "dispatching myself". But management would turn a blind eye as these 2 drivers unloaded COD's , out of the way stops, and any other packages that they didn't want to deal with. I was always amazed to watch these 2 clowns go into action everytime we got a different sup or center manager. They had brown nosing down to a science.

It may not make sense to YOU, but you are a DRIVER not a mngr. It makes sense because that is the way they plan your day. When you cut this corner it screws up the planned day, JUST SAYIN....

You're correct that al sides would benefit from the smart pick up account, but until that happens, it's a "scheduled" pick up that must be attempted, and last I read, phone attempts were not a method. No high horse here, YOUR HONOR, just telling it like I see it. If what I say offends you, you have 2 options. Put me in limbo with rod, or just turn the page. I know how troubling it is for you, when people disagree with you.
+1

22.34life

Flavor of the month in my center is exception packages and missed scans...they're handing out warning letters left and right when drivers forget to turn in exception packages to the clerk.

Oh, and everything related to safety. Now all the drivers in my center have binders with tiny safety quizzes for each day that we have to fill out before going out on road. One more thing to deal with in the chaos of the morning...

I am a pm clerk and in my center this has been flavor of the year .they really harp on this ,we have to initial the clerk package sheet by every package we clerk then turn it in to the c/m,if there is an ore on a package but not on the clerk sheet and it doesnt get a scan they want to give a warning letter to the driver.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yes, the method is driving the 20 miles round trip to make the pickup. I would not be agreeing with Dilli if it was the bid driver who had suggested making the phone call. It was the pickup customer who suggested that they call before heading out to make the pickup and, yes, if I can save 20 miles I would do it.

This pickup needs to be converted to a Smart pickup so that the driver does not put him/herself in to a situation they don't want to be in.
Thanks for answering the question.

Funny, look who's on their damn high horse now, making decisions that aren't theirs to make. You better get out while you're behind.
LOL, and look who double posted, Stuttered.:wink2:

Damn sure is a lot of assuming going on around here. I do (as in going to that customer and checking to see if they have any thing going out) whatever pick ups I have assigned to me on any given day. I don't call pick up customers unless it is necessary. If a customer asks me a specific request then I will do my best to take care of that customers request. If I have a problem with the customers request then I will resolve it. IF my OR has a problem with what I do then that IS between him and I. As far as falsifying records, if I don't go to a pick up for what ever reason I don't close it out. I have never been called on this either. Let's throw another scenario into the mix. Wed, one of my picks ups said they would be closed thurs and fri. Still go there? Nope. Thurs, one pick up said they wouldn't have anything going out friday. Still go there? Nope. I don't and I won't waste my time doing it.

Cutting corners to get off early? What's your definition of early. Mine is getting off in 8 hours which, by the way, did not happen one day last week. 1 day was just (barely) under 9.5. 2 days were just over 9.5 and 2 days were over 10.5. The theory on cutting corners to get off early does NOT apply to everyone nor to every rte.

Stephen, look who's commenting on who's being grumpy? I was just recently asked my a member in good standing here what your problem has been lately. You know, there's an old saying that's been around for ever. When you point a finger at someone there are 3 fingers pointing back at yourself. Just sayin........................................
Why would it be necessary to call a pick up? If you are running behind, wouldn't that be the job of the OMS? I can't really see why you would NEED to call.

As far as being grumpy, I'm not and never said Upstate was, but did agree with 9/5 on the matter. That matter at hand is between you and I. I, am disagreeing with YOU. I am of the opinion that the miles you are losing, are planned miles and losing them throws a wrench in the planned day. Wouldn't you agree that losing those miles would do that? And, as far as someone having some sort of conversation with you, about ME? So what! All you're trying to do by saying that is take the spotlight off of your actions, which btw, are hurting YOU. Another thing, what is a member in "good standing"? Is that a member that everyone agrees with 100% 0f the time?

Look, just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I don't like you or am in any way pissed off at you. I'm just telling it "LIKE I SEE IT". I'm not arguing with you, I'm having a discussion. Isn't this what the BC is all about, or do we all have to agree on everything in order to remain civil?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thanks for answering the question.

LOL, and look who double posted, Stuttered.:wink2:

Why would it be necessary to call a pick up? If you are running behind, wouldn't that be the job of the OMS? I can't really see why you would NEED to call.

As far as being grumpy, I'm not and never said Upstate was, but did agree with 9/5 on the matter. That matter at hand is between you and I. I, am disagreeing with YOU. I am of the opinion that the miles you are losing, are planned miles and losing them throws a wrench in the planned day. Wouldn't you agree that losing those miles would do that? And, as far as someone having some sort of conversation with you, about ME? So what! All you're trying to do by saying that is take the spotlight off of your actions, which btw, are hurting YOU. Another thing, what is a member in "good standing"? Is that a member that everyone agrees with 100% 0f the time?

Look, just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I don't like you or am in any way pissed off at you. I'm just telling it "LIKE I SEE IT". I'm not arguing with you, I'm having a discussion. Isn't this what the BC is all about, or do we all have to agree on everything in order to remain civil?

And I am telling you how I see it but you don't like MY answers. Fine. I don't care. I don't know, do we all have to agree on everything? You talk about civility. Sure seems like you expect me to agree with you yet you judge me and slam me and other cover/utility drivers. You say you don't have to nor are you going to apologize for that. Don't expect me to idly stand by while you dis my name and the job I do. I never disagreed with you on the methods. The methods are the methods but sometimes adjustments have to be made. We ARE afterall in a customer service business.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
And I am telling you how I see it but you don't like MY answers. Fine. I don't care. I don't know, do we all have to agree on everything? You talk about civility. Sure seems like you expect me to agree with you yet you judge me and slam me and other cover/utility drivers. You say you don't have to nor are you going to apologize for that. Don't expect me to idly stand by while you dis my name and the job I do. I never disagreed with you on the methods. The methods are the methods but sometimes adjustments have to be made. We ARE afterall in a customer service business.
You are telling me and you're correct, I don't like your answers, but that's far from me slamming you. Maybe the reason you feel you are being slammed is because you know that there is a rule, and you are not following that rule, and I am pointing out that fact. I am not dissing your name, dilli, honestly, I like you and know that you are doing everything possible to service this customer. You are a great UPServic'er! That's not the problem here. The problem is, when you cut those corners, you open the door for mgmt to do all sorts of things.

MGMT will see you taking a shorter than planned time and start increasing your stops. There will be no turning back from this point, becasue they'll feel that if you did it that way yesterday, you can do that way today. They could also use this to discipline you, as far fetched as it sounds. You never went to that pick up is all they need to know. They don't care about your quality of service, they'll get what they want when they want it, if you don't follow the proper procedures. It's better to follow the methods and dread having to drive for 0 pkgs, than to have more work or discipline for doing what YOU feel is best.

I guess im out of the loop why are ya all arguing when you are friends
It's a discussion, June, nothing more. We're in disagreement on something, which is perfectly okay.:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Your "working smarter, not harder is just another way of saying Hurry, Hurry. You get paid by the hour. They don't give you a cell phone, or pay you to use your cell phone. There's no method that says "use your cell phone". You are losing money from your paycheck by sidestepping normalcy. You are doubly losing money by using your own minutes, that YOU pay for, on your cell phone. I know I'm wasting my breath, but please don't tell other people that this is the proper way to work, when it's only being done to make YOUR day go FASTER!

Those extra miles that you're missing out on are actually hurting your dispatch.....oh, that's right, you're a cover driver, so who cares what happens the day you cover someone else's route?:dissapointed:

You are telling me and you're correct, I don't like your answers, but that's far from me slamming you. Maybe the reason you feel you are being slammed is because you know that there is a rule, and you are not following that rule, and I am pointing out that fact. I am not dissing your name, dilli, honestly, I like you and know that you are doing everything possible to service this customer. You are a great UPServic'er! That's not the problem here. The problem is, when you cut those corners, you open the door for mgmt to do all sorts of things.

MGMT will see you taking a shorter than planned time and start increasing your stops. There will be no turning back from this point, becasue they'll feel that if you did it that way yesterday, you can do that way today. They could also use this to discipline you, as far fetched as it sounds. You never went to that pick up is all they need to know. They don't care about your quality of service, they'll get what they want when they want it, if you don't follow the proper procedures. It's better to follow the methods and dread having to drive for 0 pkgs, than to have more work or discipline for doing what YOU feel is best.

It's a discussion, June, nothing more. We're in disagreement on something, which is perfectly okay.:happy2:

End of discussion or dissagreement or whatever the hell you want to call it. You were wrong........................

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It's a discussion, June, nothing more. We're in disagreement on something, which is perfectly okay.:happy2:[/QUOTE]
Well then carry on, LOL.
In my own little world, I have few friends, and I dont argue with them, I dont have time. But thats just me.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
End of discussion or dissagreement or whatever the hell you want to call it. You were wrong........................
Pointing stuff out to you is far from slamming you, dilli. Maybe if you weren't so jaded you'd see this for what it really is, some helpful advice. It's not the first time you've flown off the handle at me. There was the time I innocently didn't respond to your Christmas PM, but that's okay, I'M WRONG!:surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Pointing stuff out to you is far from slamming you, dilli. Maybe if you weren't so jaded you'd see this for what it really is, some helpful advice. It's not the first time you've flown off the handle at me. There was the time I innocently didn't respond to your Christmas PM, but that's okay, I'M WRONG!:surprised:

That's right, I forgot............................... you walk on water. :bow::rolleyes2: