Current TA

dudebro

From my limited understanding the other common carriers have been increasing their surcharges close to the same rates as UPS.

Everybody was trying to take advantage during the pandemic.

Didn’t UPS stock almost doubled from 2020 to 2023…?
Only because it dropped 15 bucks after we announced 1q earnings in 2020 then another 12 on early COVID news, before it turned around. Moreover, anyone can own as much stock as they can afford.

We're still generally more expensive than our competition, we're not the tightest ship in the shipping business anymore, and the appetite for confiscatory shipping charges has run out of the market for a while.

Only because it dropped 15 bucks after we announced 1q earnings in 2020 then another 12 on early COVID news, before it turned around. Moreover, anyone can own as much stock as they can afford.

We're still generally more expensive than our competition, we're not the tightest ship in the shipping business anymore, and the appetite for confiscatory shipping charges has run out of the market for a while.
Some of my smaller customers are willing to pay extra to have it delivered by UPS just because FedEx ground is absolutely horrible

That's the only reason we get away with our rates. My point is just that it's not a bottomless well.
What do you need to step up our game a little bit.
It's really hard to explain to customer why they let a whole entire air trailer to sit there because it was a half hour late

I can give an explanation why it's late but not not why we didn't deliver that day

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It's really hard to explain to customer why they let a whole entire air trailer to sit there because it was a half hour late

I can give an explanation why it's late but not not why we didn't deliver that day
I just tell them ur homosexual

dudebro

I've been out of the field for 8 years but....that example is unthinkable back when I was.

I've been out of the field for 8 years but....that example is unthinkable back when I was.
It's embarrassing

Like I said I can explain why something is late I can't explain why we chose not to deliver that day

I can only assume that the air was laid on Saturday because I had a bunch of Saturday next day airs today and there wasn't send agains

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ya man I had requested tires at one point and I was told that they aren’t ordering any because of “budgeting” lol and two weeks later I noticed some beefy treads on my PC and when I hit 50mph it got squirrely. Mechanic said it’s because of the recapped tires. Thank you for the intel.
You don’t have to drive recap steering tires

I GOT ONE MORE

Im tired of more penalty pay for 9.5s or 8hr requests.
No forced overtime period. 8hs, period.
My family deserves their father.

In before.... this job has never been a 9-5 job.

I ring every door bell past 6pm, for all deliveries, regardlss if the "baby is asleep". At least you're home with your families to complain about that door bell.

If im out past 7pm, its the full audible ups at each stop. Honk the Horn, YELL Ups, and ring that bell and give a quick knock.

Once its sundown, the flashlights come on and ill shine them anywhere i feel, to protect my safety.

I will puposefully follow every method for making customer contact, and WHEN the customer is mad, i simply appologize, say im following company policy, and to call and complain if the have any issues.

End forced overtime.
It’s the job.
Take it or leave it.
No one is forcing you to work there.
You can find other work.
Deep down, like others here, you’re quite happy receiving your weekly check and all the benefits for you and your family.
This horrible job just may disappear for you, then you can relax.

specter208

i was meaning on an 8 hour request not a regular basis. And if we are being honest both my points could have been fixed by utilizing 22.4s the correct way. part inside and part putting out any fires that might have occured either during dispatch ie bulk stops, heavy air, etc, or evening getting 9.5 people under as well as 8 hour requests honored. But the company REALLY screwed that up with loopholes.
The contract says that 22.4s are primarily drivers and inside workers by exception.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
It’s the job.
Take it or leave it.
No one is forcing you to work there.
You can find other work.
Deep down, like others here, you’re quite happy receiving your weekly check and all the benefits for you and your family.
This horrible job just may disappear for you, then you can relax.
It aint the work, its the people in charge, like always.
When you act in dishonor and without integrity, its pretty hard to keep your workforce motivated to give a :censored2:.

Brown Down

The contract says that 22.4s are primarily drivers and inside workers by exception.
The contract calls them drivers but with the word combination in front of them. I don't know about you but combination to me means something plus something. Ie work one classification and then work a different classification. Now granted the test of the 22.4 language was completely vague so the company exploited it like they always do.