Customer gifts.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Lets see........... a box of chocolate turtles which my wife demolished and a 10.00 gift certificate to Crackerbox from one of my Avon ladies. Guess my customers are poor or I don't have much of a personality.............

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
4 boxes of 28 dollar chocolate, a bottle of wine, a bottle of canadian club, 10 bucks mailed to my building, as I am too fast for them to catch me, LOL, , several gifts I havent opened, lottery tics, 50 dollar visa card, 5 dvds, lots of hugs, and no I am not afraid of germs, My body kills them on contact.......(oil of oregano), lots of kisses, a flashlight, calender, screwdriver set, jewelry, and I deliver to a poor part of town. Merry Christmas to me!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

4 boxes of 28 dollar chocolate, a bottle of wine, a bottle of canadian club, 10 bucks mailed to my building, as I am too fast for them to catch me, LOL, , several gifts I havent opened, lottery tics, 50 dollar visa card, 5 dvds, lots of hugs, and no I am not afraid of germs, My body kills them on contact.......(oil of oregano), lots of kisses, a flashlight, calender, screwdriver set, jewelry, and I deliver to a poor part of town. Merry Christmas to me!!

No gifts from the folks at the biker bar?:wink2:

NHDRVR

I've received about the same amount of gifts as last year. A couple of gift cards, Starbucks and Target. Money, wine(don't drink) and a bunch of cookies. The QVC and HSN Ladies only come out during Christmas to hand you a gift, the helper ends up taken the money since he's the one running. Fine by me, they need it more than me.

Any of you getting gifts?

Same as last year... couple hundred in cash, about a hundred in DD gift cards and a ton of cookies/chocolate...

I deliver the town I live in/grew up in so a lot of it is delivered to my house in our christmas cards....

damn wife gets to see it before I do so I think she is skimming off the top :happy-very:

NHDRVR

i got a Few $20's which is appreciated!!
but there are a few People Who get stuff EveryDay.. that are very Dissapointing!! Not mad at them and I dont Expect anything.. im doing My Job..
and i will still provide the great service, as Usual!
But these people got Mega $$$$. $20 is Loose change for them!!

Speaking of which, quick story...

Deliver QVC to an over 55 park and one unit had a delivery EVERY day. Last year I go the front door, business as usual, and I see a card taped to the front door and I think, 'Oh, that's nice...'.

The card was for the Sunday Newspaper guy who delivers at about 5 A.M., once a week.... some people

SmithBarney

Made about 250 plus lots of food my first year at UPS... my 3-4 helpers got Lunch at BK a couple mornings after knocking out 700-800 pieces in 2-3 hours on the Main Street Shopping area.

Now with FedEx I got $20.... Lets see how it goes today, maybe I should stand and wait at each door. Nah.

blue efficacy

I don't understand why people are compelled to give cash tips to people who probably live better than they do.

But then again this is coming from a guy who tips more at Denny's than at fancy restaurants.

If I were a driver i'd be loving all the cookies, but would feel guilty taking anything valued more than $20, unless the person is a bona fide moneybags.

ups1990

Speaking of which, quick story...

Deliver QVC to an over 55 park and one unit had a delivery EVERY day. Last year I go the front door, business as usual, and I see a card taped to the front door and I think, 'Oh, that's nice...'.

The card was for the Sunday Newspaper guy who delivers at about 5 A.M., once a week.... some people
I feel you. I see you working here. There're some customers who call me on my personal cell phone for a pick-up because they're too cheap to call for one or won't pay for a daily pu. I go out of my way for them(you know trying to provide customer service)No gift , no card, no nothing. Then there are those whom you deliver to on occasion and give you a card.

By the way. I'am thinking about having a new cell phone policy for 2010. The number was given for emergency reasons only. Example, pu a NDA LTR with a bad add. OK call me and we'll fix it. As with everything, policy has been abused.

browndevil

I don't understand why people are compelled to give cash tips to people who probably live better than they do.

But then again this is coming from a guy who tips more at Denny's than at fancy restaurants.

If I were a driver i'd be loving all the cookies, but would feel guilty taking anything valued more than $20, unless the person is a bona fide moneybags.
I used to feel the same way. I declined everything until I realized people WANT to give me something. We provide more than just service over the years. We provide a constant in peoples lives. That brown truck in the neighborhood every day at the same time is their friend

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
By the way. I'am thinking about having a new cell phone policy for 2010. The number was given for emergency reasons only. Example, pu a NDA LTR with a bad add. OK call me and we'll fix it. As with everything, policy has been abused.

Started my new cell phone policy last weekend. I had it turned off after looking at the bill and most of my calls were UPS related. I never wanted one to begin with but relented after the wife kept nagging me to get one. Now its gone and life is good again.

over9five

Staff member
Started my new cell phone policy last weekend. I had it turned off after looking at the bill and most of my calls were UPS related. I never wanted one to begin with but relented after the wife kept nagging me to get one. Now its gone and life is good again.

Wow, I wish I could do that.

helenofcalifornia

Wow! A life without a cell phone???? Impossible. And most of my calls during the day are definitely UPS-related. But a life without a cell phone? You are one strong man!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Harley, may I suggest that you and your wife look in to getting your cell phone service through Verizon Wireless? They have family share plans which will get you 2 lines and plenty of minutes for about $70/month and you get 22% off because you work for UPS. All of the calls to Verizon numbers are free and Caller ID is included at no extra charge.

My cell is the only phone that I have and I average about an hour or two of use each month. It comes in handy during my work day and allows me to stay in touch with my kids. I do not have a bluetooth and don't want one.

I have been checking out the Smart Phones and may get one when I am eligible for my Upgrade discount in July.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Harley, may I suggest that you and your wife look in to getting your cell phone service through Verizon Wireless? They have family share plans which will get you 2 lines and plenty of minutes for about $70/month and you get 22% off because you work for UPS. All of the calls to Verizon numbers are free and Caller ID is included at no extra charge.

The wife likes AT&T because Verizon doesn't have very good coverage where we live. It sounds like our plan was very similar to yours. I think it was about $74.00 a month for both of us.

Believe me.......... I am ecstatic about being phone less once again. Talking on any phone is about my least favorite thing to do. To me, cell phones are convenient but not necessary. I've only owned one the last two years so I drove for 23 years without one.

Maybe when I retire in another 4 1/2 years I will think about getting another one.

over9five

Staff member
If you give up your cell phone, you will discover very quickly that there are no more payphones!!! Or at least very few. Remember when there were payphones everywhere?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
If you give up your cell phone, you will discover very quickly that there are no more payphones!!! Or at least very few. Remember when there were payphones everywhere?

I know Over.................. thats the best part. The center messaged me the other day to call in ASAP. I messaged them back that there are no pay phones in the boonies. My route is very rural. Never heard from them again. Now tell me that ain't a bonus!

over9five

Staff member
I know Over.................. thats the best part. The center messaged me the other day to call in ASAP. I messaged them back that there are no pay phones in the boonies. My route is very rural. Never heard from them again. Now tell me that ain't a bonus!

Ok, that is a good point!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Candy, calendar, 3 gift cards. I can't imagine life without my blackberry, I even use it for BC just like I am now. Makes my breaks more connected if I so choose. Only 1 customer has my cell # and has never needed it yet.