Cut and Run Suckers

Meat

I am always astonished at the amount of folks that get hung up on vantexan's move. It baffles the :censored2: out of them. It's not like he's moving to Morocco!

It's not Van's move that annoys people. It's the fact that he is incredibly dogmatic and does not have a track record that justifies such staunch opinions; he comes across as a bit of a know-it-all, but yet will tell anyone that listens (which is another curious aspect of his personality - for :censored2:s sake, you would think he's a teenage girl when you look at the amount of time he spends blathering about himself) that his life decisions have brought him nothing but ruination.

vantexan

It's not Van's move that annoys people. It's the fact that he is incredibly dogmatic and does not have a track record that justifies such staunch opinions; he comes across as a bit of a know-it-all, but yet will tell anyone that listens (which is another curious aspect of his personality - for :censored2:s sake, you would think he's a teenage girl when you look at the amount of time he spends blathering about himself) that his life decisions have brought him nothing but ruination.
You greatly over exaggerate. I'm not ruined. I got frustrated in '97 with the lack of raises and quit. And have paid for it ever since. I've used my experiences as an example of what is wrong with FedEx, and have admitted over the years that my own personal situation would be much better if I hadn't quit. Using myself as an example opens me up to ridicule, but I freely admit I've made mistakes. But as far as the job is concerned many of the problems I had weren't due to my ability as a courier, they were due to bad mgrs who often got fired or demoted. There's a reason many FT routes are available, and I discovered them the hard way. You may not like me personally, you may very well be a damn good courier, but I doubt you have had the experiences I've had with this company. I may be a major reason the 1-800-fraud line was established after I reported what certain mgrs were doing on Fedexaminer. So have at it, I've always had retiring abroad as my safety valve if other things I've tried didn't work out. I'm very happy to be leaving, and as I'll be 55 in 3 weeks and eligible to retire early it makes me wonder why you consider that cut-and-running? Do you not plan to retire? As for dogmatism, I don't see many here giving an inch in their views, why should I? This is why FOX News is so hated by the Left, they don't like any other view but their's being put forth. Makes them want to attack people personally, and be very vicious. Pardon the long reply.

Serf

It's the fact that he is incredibly dogmatic and does not have a track record that justifies such staunch opinions
Incredibly dogmatic and conservative leaning seems to ruffle more feathers. Who does have the track record to honestly justify staunch opinions? Imagine being lambasted in fraud, waste, and abuse over the period of a career. Admit to some of your own shortcomings and mistakes. And still able to make a pragmatic solution to the situation.

Meat

You greatly over exaggerate. I'm not ruined. I got frustrated in '97 with the lack of raises and quit. And have paid for it ever since. I've used my experiences as an example of what is wrong with FedEx, and have admitted over the years that my own personal situation would be much better if I hadn't quit. Using myself as an example opens me up to ridicule, but I freely admit I've made mistakes. But as far as the job is concerned many of the problems I had weren't due to my ability as a courier, they were due to bad mgrs who often got fired or demoted.

I don't profess to know how proficient you are as a courier, but I will say this: Every :censored2:ty employee that I have known, during my time at X, has thought they are a good worker and an asset to the company (I bet if you really thought about it, you would agree). I'm not saying that's the case with you for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Let me ask you this; are you thankful that the company took you back? Clearly nobody else will hire you. X has made a commitment to you and you pay them back by trashing the company on a public forum?
Where would you be without the one job you have been able to hold on to?

Last edited:

Meat

Imagine being lambasted in fraud, waste, and abuse over the period of a career

Why make a career out of being subjected to such conditions? The neo-economy isn't the greatest, and age can be a hindrance to finding new employment; but I have found that the people that complain the most rarely submit applications for other jobs, if ever.

vantexan

I don't profess to know how proficient you are as a courier, but I will say this: Every :censored2:ty employee that I have known, during my time at X, has thought they are a good worker and an asset to the company (I bet if you really thought about it, you would agree). I'm not saying that's the case with you for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Let me ask you this; are you thankful that the company took you back? Clearly nobody else will hire you. X has made a commitment to you and you pay them back by trashing the company on a public forum?
Where would you be without the one job you have been able to hold on to?
I'm a decent courier because of the feedback I've gotten from mgrs. I've been in the top 2 or 3 in productivity in most of the stations I've worked in. My first station as a courier my mgr called me superhuman on my review. The following year I delivered 19 stops in 24 minutes in a 36 story building I had never been in. My senior loved me for it. The next year our district mgr asked to meet me. Said he had never heard of any other courier besides me who consistently ran his rt at 150%. Sorry to toot my horn but you brought it up. What I found working really hard is mgrs tried to keep me on the hardest rts because they love the numbers. I've transferred out numerous times to get out of killer rts that had me ragged. And every one of them were broken up because the courier taking over couldn't handle it. Here's a major beef with FedEx: they don't reward hard work. They'll pat you on the back and say atta boy, they may give you a little less grief when you screw up, but you'll never get nothing but more work.

You say I'm trashing FedEx, no, I'm pointing out what they do. They told us we'll top out in 7 to 8 years. Not so. They told us we could choose to go into the new pension or remain in the old one. Not true, and they actually did that to get people to voluntarily go into the new one, then told the ones 40 or over that they didn't get the extra 4% a year for 5 years since they "volunteered" while the rest of us were forced into the new one despite our choosing to remain in the old one.

I've had mgrs completely lie to me about the hours and duties of my rt before I transferred in. Even had one lie about the domiciled city location of the open rt to get me to transfer in and end up in the single worst rt I've done, and as a swing twice and a 4X10 cover driver 3 times I've run over 70 rts on a regular basis. You can't begin to imagine how bad that rt was. And the craziest situation was mgrs putting pkgs in the U.S. Mail to keep me from getting overtime. They had created a huge rt, thought it could be done in 40 hrs, had a director who demanded 0 overtime, when they discovered it was impossible to do they came up with the falsification/mail solution.

So you see, I'm not trashing Boy Scouts. I'm simply reporting how badly many mgrs I've encountered have behaved, and putting me through the wringer in the process.
Of course it probably doesn't matter to you, your posts seethe with hatred for me because we're diametrically opposed politically. But you asked, and I've replied.

P.S. I hung in there for the pension. The year they terminated it the economy tanked. Since then I've had a stent put into a 99% blocked artery. That and diabetes and high blood pressure kept me here. When I was rehired in 2013 I moved 125 miles to take a domiciled rt that they had to cover from that distance for over 6 months because they couldn't find a qualified candidate. Under those circumstances policy clearly states they could have rehired me at my previous percentage of pay range but they lied to me and said I had to start over. HR said too late, you signed the offer letter. So yeah, I have my issues with the company, and yes, I earned every penny of my stunted pension, and am thankful to take it and leave. Good luck with your career.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

He's changed his mind...again. Now he's going to stay and help Trump make America great again. You know, now that the GOP has almost total control over the government, we're ALL going to be successful little capitalists who worship at the altar of the free market and conservative thought and ACTION.

In other words, we're totally effed. but van will stay and keep us safe from the Mexicans.

vantexan

He's changed his mind...again. Now he's going to stay and help Trump make America great again. You know, now that the GOP has almost total control over the government, we're ALL going to be successful little capitalists who worship at the altar of the free market and conservative thought and ACTION.

In other words, we're totally effed. but van will stay and keep us safe from the Mexicans.
Nah, I'm leaving America in good hands. The irony is that liberals are much more likely to abort their babies than conservatives are. So since the Roe v. Wade decision many more who would've likely grown up liberal have been killed. There's your balance of power right there.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nah, I'm leaving America in good hands. The irony is that liberals are much more likely to abort their babies than conservatives are. So since the Roe v. Wade decision many more who would've likely grown up liberal have been killed. There's your balance of power right there.

Umm...OK. What about the GOP actions in NC, where the sore loser governor colluded with the Republican legislature to effectively cripple the incoming Democratic governor? There's the real GOP in action.

I wish Fred Trump had worn a steel-belted radial condom with a carbon fiber lining.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I just wanted to take an informal poll regarding how many people on these boards are admitting defeat and leaving the country (i.e. cutting and running). Sure, there are those that can claim the company that they work for did not deliver, but let's face it, there is a personal responsibility component to life. I live in an economically depressed area, and have had to deal with X as one of my employers. Did that stop me from achieving my financial goals? I'm a northerner and to be honest with you, if I told my father I was "cutting and running" to Mexico, he would probably disown me. It seems there is a little more pride and self reliance up north, and I am personally disgusted by the "cut and run suckers" - losers first class.

vantexan

Umm...OK. What about the GOP actions in NC, where the sore loser governor colluded with the Republican legislature to effectively cripple the incoming Democratic governor? There's the real GOP in action.

I wish Fred Trump had worn a steel-belted radial condom with a carbon fiber lining.
Stop killing your babies and you may control Congress again for 50 years someday. But if Trump does a good job it probably won't happen again for awhile.

Meat

Of course it probably doesn't matter to you, your posts seethe with hatred for me because we're diametrically opposed politically. But you asked, and I've replied.

I don't recall hating anybody in my entire life; and if the day should ever come, I highly doubt it will be reserved for some bloke on a message board. Not everybody takes posting as serious as you. To me, it's just for laughs; it has little to do with reality. So no, I don't hate you or anybody else. I am deeply concerned, however, that this country deteriorated to the point where a significant percentage of the population felt marginalized to the point that they fell under the spell of a demagogue - sorry man, superman isn't on the way; four years from now your lot will be exactly the same or worse.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't recall hating anybody in my entire life; and if the day should ever come, I highly doubt it will be reserved for some bloke on a message board. Not everybody takes posting as serious as you. To me, it's just for laughs; it has little to do with reality. So no, I don't hate you or anybody else. I am deeply concerned, however, that this country deteriorated to the point where a significant percentage of the population felt marginalized to the point that they fell under the spell of a demagogue - sorry man, superman isn't on the way; four years from now your lot will be exactly the same or worse.

Bingo. The Trump voters all believe the multiple lies tailored specifically for them by the Trump campaign. Trump would promise the miners their jobs back, and then go tell the steel workers the same thing, knowing full well that a fraction of their jobs might return. The Carrier deal? Pure PR BS.

When Trump was in Detroit, he told a black church one thing about police, and then drove across town and told a white audience something entirely different about cops. He is a total demagogue, and almost everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie...yet they don't care.

van is a perfect example. Even if he stayed here, NOTHING would change for him, and it might even get worse. As far as the Roe v. Wade crapola, most GOP types would be happy to see all of the kids be born, and then deny them any help by cutting any and all programs designed to help children.

vantexan

Bingo. The Trump voters all believe the multiple lies tailored specifically for them by the Trump campaign. Trump would promise the miners their jobs back, and then go tell the steel workers the same thing, knowing full well that a fraction of their jobs might return. The Carrier deal? Pure PR BS.

When Trump was in Detroit, he told a black church one thing about police, and then drove across town and told a white audience something entirely different about cops. He is a total demagogue, and almost everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie...yet they don't care.

van is a perfect example. Even if he stayed here, NOTHING would change for him, and it might even get worse. As far as the Roe v. Wade crapola, most GOP types would be happy to see all of the kids be born, and then deny them any help by cutting any and all programs designed to help children.

Bush and Republicans had control of gov't for 6 years. How many programs did they slash for kids? Conservatives are asking that gov't be responsible with spending. Let's cut out the waste, fraud, and abuse. Let's put able bodied adults to work. If that's too much to ask then yes we're screwed. And if Trump doesn't come through we're screwed. And I'll be here saying so, something you rarely hear from the Dems about their leadership.

vantexan

The world is over populated by approximately 3 billion people.
You can put the entire world population into an area the size of Texas and each person would have approximately 1500 square ft. And abortion on demand hasn't kept the population from continuing to grow. It has kept the Democrat population down to a manageable level. And it has made it possible for irresponsible people to keep being irresponsible. What a terrible price to pay.

Meat

Conservatives are asking that gov't be responsible with spending.

They are? Let's look at the two-term republican presidents that we have had in the last 30 plus years. Please answer the following: During the Reagan administration did government spending a) stay the same b) slightly increase c) rise substantially? During the Bush administration did the military budget a) stay the same b) slightly increase c) double? - I guess when you open up a two-front war it stands to reason the military budget would increase temporarily, but he actually created the new norm of 600+ billion. Was the historical move of cutting taxes during a period of warfare a) brilliant b) moronic (I'm sure those lower taxes have made you rich). Was Medicare Part D...well, you get the point. It seems that you must have been reading a platform from the Eisenhower era if you truly believe the conservatives are fiscally responsible.

Meat

You can put the entire world population into an area the size of Texas and each person would have approximately 1500 square ft. And abortion on demand hasn't kept the population from continuing to grow. It has kept the Democrat population down to a manageable level. And it has made it possible for irresponsible people to keep being irresponsible. What a terrible price to pay.

Didn't Bush senior knock up a waitress or something, and have to pay for a little clandestine operation? Your allegiance to a party that has flushed people like you down the toilet is too comical.

vantexan

They are? Let's look at the two-term republican presidents that we have had in the last 30 plus years. Please answer the following: During the Reagan administration did government spending a) stay the same b) slightly increase c) rise substantially? During the Bush administration did the military budget a) stay the same b) slightly increase c) double? - I guess when you open up a two-front war it stands to reason the military budget would increase temporarily, but he actually created the new norm of 600+ billion. Was the historical move of cutting taxes during a period of warfare a) brilliant b) moronic (I'm sure those lower taxes have made you rich). Was Medicare Part D...well, you get the point. It seems that you must have been reading a platform from the Eisenhower era if you truly believe the conservatives are fiscally responsible.
Here's a news flash, Bush wasn't that conservative. We were saying his administration was spending like drunken sailors. Then Obama came along and spent more than all previous Presidents combined. So tell me, should we continue to spend like this or should it be reigned in?