Dallas

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, it's really that simple. Do exactly what you are told by the law official.

It would appear that the Falcon Heights, MN victim complied, so it isn't that simple. He's dead, and as far as we can tell so far, followed the rules.

The Baton Rouge case isn't so clear. Yes, he should have complied, but it doesn't look like he deserved to die. The video doesn't show him reaching for anything.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So you should comply with unreasonable demands just because someone gave them a badge?
When they also have a gun, yes you should. It serves no purpose to stand up for your rights if you wind up getting shot. In this age of smart phones and cops with body cameras, every thing you are saying is probably being recorded anyway. If you want to argue with the police, do it in a courtroom and not during a traffic stop.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It would appear that the Falcon Heights, MN victim complied, so it isn't that simple. He's dead, and as far as we can tell so far, followed the rules.

The Baton Rouge case isn't so clear. Yes, he should have complied, but it doesn't look like he deserved to die. The video doesn't show him reaching for anything.
The guy in MN made the mistake of reaching for his wallet at the same time he was telling the officer that he had a permit to carry a gun.

Not saying he "deserved" to get shot, but any time you say the word gun to a cop during a traffic stop you had better have your hands on the steering wheel and not reaching down by your waistband.

moreluck

golden ticket member

you weren't there... the report is out now?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I would really like to see where you get this figure from.

A quick search provided this FBI statistics page:
Table 43

The only place I could find the 90% figure is a RW blog that makes up interpretations of actual FBI statistics.
google. Far more whites killed by police in the US . The New Observer. the respected Guardian also sites similar stats.

read the whole article, please.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
More whites ARE shot by police than blacks. If you want to break it down into percentages then blacks become more likely although the total is still less. Blacks are also more likely to commit a violent crime and violent crimes end in shootings more often regardless of race.
i spent hours last night researching articles on this subject from respected sources to become MORE informed . Non whites are making this a race issue. For all you people know , I may be non white . In fact , I am not caucasion. I am just stating facts and granted people can and always will twist facts towards their own means.

the best we can do is be as informed as possible by researching many sources instead of just one. that is what I tried to do.

Overpaid Union Thug

google. Far more whites killed by police in the US . The New Observer. the respected Guardian also sites similar stats.

read the whole article, please.
The facts aren't important in these matters. The rabble rousers can't get blacks and white apologist liberals worked up into a frenzy if the facts are known. The most important fact though is that all the protests and retaliation against the police won't do a thing to stop the real problem.....which is that a bunch of idiots keep resisting arrest. Resisting arrest is never a good idea. Regardless of whether or not someone is innocent.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The facts aren't important in these matters. The rabble rousers can't get blacks and white apologist liberals worked up into a frenzy if the facts are known. The most important fact though is that all the protests and retaliation against the police won't do a thing to stop the real problem.....which is that a bunch of idiots keep resisting arrest. Resisting arrest is never a good idea. Regardless of whether or not someone is innocent.

It doesn't appear that the individual in Falcon Heights, MN was resisting arrest or not following commands. Please note the words, "it doesn't appear". In Baton Rouge, he was most definitely resisting.

There is a very real problem with the way police deal with blacks and much larger social problems that people like you just ignore and pretend don't exist. I know a black judge, who is often pulled over and treated like crap, until the cops run his plate and discover he's a judge. Oh, man. What an instant change in attitude. You see, judges in many states have plates that identify them as such. He drives a Mercedes and lives in a very upscale neighborhood where there aren't many black folks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Did Reginald Denny deserve what he got?

No, he didn't. If I had been Reginald, it would have been hammer-down and get out of my way, because I'm not stopping.

On Rodney King. He didn't deserve what he got either, but after the verdict and the settlement, Rodney was anything but profiled, he was plutonium and untouchable. In spite of all the money, Rodney continued to behave badly and do the same stupid :censored2: he did the night he got his beatdown. I have 2 brothers in LA area law enforcement, and there are at least 3 incidents I know of where Rodney was speeding down the freeway at 120 or so (in a much nicer car than the Hyundai), higher than a kite, except Rodney had learned to stop. The cops wouldn't even ask him to get out of his car until the watch commander had been called, and then a captain or the chief on what to do. Mr. King would either get a cab ride home or a ride home in a cop car, and never be charged with anything.

Nobody would dare touch him, much less arrest him, and he was essentially above the law. This is all anecdotal, but absolutely true. King went from one extreme to the other.

Overpaid Union Thug

It doesn't appear that the individual in Falcon Heights, MN was resisting arrest or not following commands. Please note the words, "it doesn't appear". In Baton Rouge, he was most definitely resisting.

There is a very real problem with the way police deal with blacks and much larger social problems that people like you just ignore and pretend don't exist. I know a black judge, who is often pulled over and treated like crap, until the cops run his plate and discover he's a judge. Oh, man. What an instant change in attitude. You see, judges in many states have plates that identify them as such. He drives a Mercedes and lives in a very upscale neighborhood where there aren't many black folks.
Statistics show that you're wrong. There is, in fact, NO DISPARITY towards blacks in police shootings. IN FACT...... those same statistics show that whites are shot more. But....... my statement still stands. If EVERYONE involved would stop resisting arrest it won't happen.