Damn you taxes...

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Isn't it awesome that a full time driver makes just as much as a doctor when you include our benifits package
My best friend is a Dr. I make about half of what he makes, even including benefits. Our healthcare is far superior to what his practice offers though.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My checks have been the same every week so far this year.

Total Gross $911.00
Total Payable $911.00
Total Withholding - (Federal and State) 0.00
Total Amount Paid $911.00

Got to love worker's compensation checks!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Isn't it awesome that a full time driver makes just as much as a doctor when you include our benifits package

I have a hospital and 4 medical buildings on my route. Those doctors do way better than I do. Even with our benefits. I'm not driving a new Porsche 911 and a huge house on the water.

Most good doctors make over $100,000/year.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have a hospital and 4 medical buildings on my route. Those doctors do way better than I do. Even with our benefits. I'm not driving a new Porsche 911 and a huge house on the water.

Most good doctors make over $100,000/year.
Keep in mind that allot doctors suffer from something called DOCitus. Its where a doctor starts spending allot of money as soon as they start getting that doctors pay after they finish their residency. Some start during the residency. So, as soon as they get settled into their practice they've already accumulated some pretty hefty debt by purchasing a lavish house that's furnished with all the latest designer furniture and gadgets and, of course, a brand new BMW or Lexus.

Factor in their student loan debts and what you end up with is someone that is very "house rich and money poor". Their debt to income ratio ends up being similar to the average American that makes much less than them. I learned about DOCitus from a couple of doctors that I used to work with in the Air Force. I have asked a couple of docs about it over the years as a driver and a patient and they both laughed when I asked. I also know a guy on this forum (part timer) that married a doctor fairly recently that went through this. LOL

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Keep in mind that allot doctors suffer from something called DOCitus. Its where a doctor starts spending allot of money as soon as they start getting that doctors pay after they finish their residency. Some start during the residency. So, as soon as they get settled into their practice they've already accumulated some pretty hefty debt by purchasing a lavish house that's furnished with ask the latest designer furniture and gadgets and, of course, a brand new BMW or Lexus.

Factor in their student loan debts and what you end up with is someone that is very "house rich and money poor". Their debt to income ratio ends up being similar to the average American that makes much less than them. I learned about DOCitus from a couple of doctors that I used to work with in the Air Force. I have asked a couple of docs about it over the years as a driver and a patient and they both laughed when I asked.

Don't some drivers do that as well? Don't most people when given large amounts of money do that?
It's part of human nature.

But comparing our pay and benefits on the same level as a doctor or a lawyer just isn't realistic. It doesn't matter what someone's debt is. That all differs. But on a strict scale of pay and benefits, we aren't close to those levels. My good friend is an attorney and handles some things for me. He does way better than me. That's why he buys beer when we get together.

Mr.Golden

Keep in mind that allot doctors suffer from something called DOCitus. A brand new BMW or Lexus.

Or a couple of BMWs
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1437919321.384058.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Don't some drivers do that as well? Don't most people when given large amounts of money do that?
It's part of human nature.

But comparing our pay and benefits on the same level as a doctor or a lawyer just isn't realistic. It doesn't matter what someone's debt is. That all differs. But on a strict scale of pay and benefits, we aren't close to those levels. My good friend is an attorney and handles some things for me. He does way better than me. That's why he buys beer when we get together.
Yes my point was actually that things aren't always what they seem. And the fact that most people spend based on what they make (along with spending more than they make) is why. A doctor or attorney that does that, and most do, are about three paychecks from bankruptcy like everyone else. The house and cars are just stuff. And there are plenty of drivers and lots of feeder drivers that can be compared to doctors and attorneys financially. But, as you said, that human nature has most of them in the same situation.

I consider "better off" not having a mountain of debt that will still be there if I lose my job or can't work for the same pay. I'd rather make $90k/year and be on my way to paying off my one small car payment and house than make $200k and be buried by a mountain of debt for the next 25 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

upsguy, my suggestion that you choose the younger child for tax purposes was based on experience. You will be able to write stuff off (college) long after your ex has lost that right, due to the child's age.

JL 0513

Overpaid Union Thug

You can pretty much tell the type of people living there. 3+ Bimmers with ugly chrome wheels and the cars were likely bought used as they are older models. So people trying to portray a balling lifestyle living beyond their means.

LOL. Yeah, how about getting rid of one of the cars and investing in lawn care.

LOL! Although I'm a strong supporter of the idea of buying used vehicles I can still see you are on to something there. LOL!

Browndriver5

Not all doctors and lawyers are rich. The average dr graduates with 200,000 worth of debt and your average Dr makes around 130,000 a year and it takes years to build your rep up and open your own practice as both a dr and a lawyer.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Not all doctors and lawyers are rich. The average dr graduates with 200,000 worth of debt and your average Dr makes around 130,000 a year and it takes years to build your rep up and open your own practice as both a dr and a lawyer.
True but a lot of them become successful after that and pay their debt off fast. If you're smart enough to become a doctor and smart enough to open and run your own practice, you don't usually leave your debts unaccounted for

Orion inc.

I like turtles
True but a lot of them become successful after that and pay their debt off fast. If you're smart enough to become a doctor and smart enough to open and run your own practice, you don't usually leave your debts unaccounted for