David lee Roth appreciation fan club

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
Could you imagine partying with these crazy :censored2:qers. How cool would that have been dude lol.
Oh man I probably wouldn't have made it out alive if I went on the road and partied with these guys, woulda loved it though, ahh the 80's, such a glorious time!

ch317273

I always think about how different things are these days when it comes to music and bands, I mean it seems like these days for all new music alot of these singers and bands just look good but have absolutely NO talent! It s like record labels can make you a great band if you got the POp looks of the day, total BS! But the 80s, TOTALLY different, you could be a regular bunch of dudes but if you rocked and really knew how to play you were HUGE! I miss those days

ch317273

Could you imagine partying with these crazy :censored2:qers. How cool would that have been dude lol.
Jump man your feedback is top notch I nominate you as PRESIDENT of "the official David lee Roth appreciation fan club, UPS Chapter", even though Sammy might be your choice

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I still like songs they did with Hagar but if it's gonna be one or the other I gotta be on team Roth.

ch317273

Team Roth all the way! But Hagar was a grand wizard of rock as well the more I think of it there could also be the "official Sammy Hagar appreciation fan club, ups chapter" as well !

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Personally I lean towards, David Lee Roth but I was into their earlier stuff. Didn't matter that much as long as Eddie had the guitar.

In or around 1980 when Van Halen was breaking out big I lived with two roommates in a house in, Huntington Beach CA by the beach. Both of my roommates were musicians, one a lead guitar and the other bass. One of them (the lead guitar player, Bill) grew up in Arcadia CA near Pasadena and went to parties where Van Halen was playing before they became big. In fact on one occasion we had the bass player, Michael Anthony over to our place. Mostly I remember the snake skin boots he was wearing.

Anyway Eddie Van Halen was one of the best rock lead guitar players from that time...

"Somebody get me a doctor" because I've visited the "Ice cream man" one too many times. :laugh:

ch317273

image.jpg

BurntSienna

Roth. My ears still hurt from the Fair Warning tour.
Huge VH fan. Fair Warning is my fav VH album. Would have loved to have seen them on that tour but I was too young. The live video for the song Unchained is awesome. You can pull that up on YouTube. EVH is one of the greatest rock guitar players of all time!

ch317273

Yeah Eddie is one of the all time greats, just goes to show what a powerhouse VH was, I mean what a lineup, DLR, Eddie, Sammy, the whole crew was lights out! slash is also one of the best too not to venture away from this VH love fest but he can shred it man I love watching some of his videos from back in the day at some concerts he'd just shred it up solo for like 45 minutes! U never see that done anymore with current music, it's sad