Davis Out, Abney In - New Meat for the Old Bitching Beat

TheFigurehead

Sure.
Other than Davis, these people became CEOs with a wealth between 10 and 20 million or more in today's dollars.

People not in the know think a CEO has a great life but it is pretty much of a crappy life to people like you and me.
They travel all the time, they are on conference calls in the middle of the night, there is no such thing as a real vacation ... CEOs are owned by UPS 24/7/365.

My heart really goes out to all those poor CEO's.

Just to put in in perspective, if Abney gets $10,000,000 a year, and is "on the clock" 24/7/365, he's still making $1,140 an hour, every hour... awake, asleep, etc... $19 a minute... just for being alive. My heart really goes out to the guy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sure.
Other than Davis, these people became CEOs with a wealth between 10 and 20 million or more in today's dollars.

People not in the know think a CEO has a great life but it is pretty much of a crappy life to people like you and me.
They travel all the time, they are on conference calls in the middle of the night, there is no such thing as a real vacation ... CEOs are owned by UPS 24/7/365.
I think the $$ estimate is low. A district manager retired in 2000 with $12 million......after the ipo when the stock doubled. CEOs surely must be in the gazillion $ range.
aww, i feel so horrible for them.. They sound like they have it pretty rough. (Ya right) Give us a break Photog.

They wouldnt have conference calls in the middle of the night if the programs they push werent working.

Travel? Hey bub, we drivers travel everyday in all kinds of weather without breaks from rain, snow, mud, wind, cold, heat, hail, it must be tough for these CEO's to fly around in limos and private planes.

YA, they sound like they have a real crappy life. Making millions for doing nothing more than compromising the business with horrible business decisions that cost this company money.

Sorry bro, no sympathy from me.

Ineffective bean counters who do nothing more than impress each other while in a circle jerk.

TOS
Green eyed monster.....envy, jealousy.............

You met Abney when? You wouldn't recognize a hard worker in operations if he bit you on the .... Nobody wants your sympathy - it's worthless.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My heart really goes out to all those poor CEO's.

Just to put in in perspective, if Abney gets $10,000,000 a year, and is "on the clock" 24/7/365, he's still making $1,140 an hour, every hour... awake, asleep, etc... $19 a minute... just for being alive. My heart really goes out to the guy.

You failed to mention what he was paid as a part timer, driver, loader , whatever..........he worked his way up. As you climb, the money gets higher too.
If you choose to stay at one level, then best of luck to you and just expect your raises that the union gets you.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I think the $$ estimate is low. A district manager retired in 2000 with $12 million......after the ipo when the stock doubled. CEOs surely must be in the gazillion $ range.

Green eyed monster.....envy, jealousy.............

You met Abney when? You wouldn't recognize a hard worker in operations if he bit you on the .... Nobody wants your sympathy - it's worthless.
Exactly WHAT position did you hold for so many years with UPS that makes you feel you have the right to insult a very senior UPS employee? .....we are waiting

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You failed to mention what he was paid as a part timer, driver, loader , whatever..........he worked his way up. As you climb, the money gets higher too.
If you choose to stay at one level, then best of luck to you and just expect your raises that the union gets you.
regale us with tales of you climbed the ladder at UPS,and what positions did you hold that give give you such insight?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Division mgr. was hubby's job.
I gave up a career and just held many jobs as UPS moved us around.
He started as a driver and worked his way up. I lived it too....cuts in pay can change a budget (my job was the budget), time away doubled my job as mom to young kids.
Being away weeks at a time like at SBTS is a struggle.

The spouses also live UPS and tend to bleed brown too. Insight is keen in spouses.
Yes, we also reap the rewards. After years of sacrifice, it paid off. The kids lived UPS too. My junior was moved to a new school for her senior year. She didn't know a soul, making her graduation experience dull.

I had 28 years of UPS.......I may not have worked there, but I supported he who did.

Returntosender

Do any of you realize that our CEO is responsible for all of the divisions within the company, not just small package?

Photog makes some very good points in his post.
Like the CEO of GM who is currently is crisis management mode. How did she fix the problem firing 15 workers none the 15 reported to her directly. General Motors CEO Mary Barra fires 15 employees in the wake of an internal investigation. http://fool.libsyn.com/motley-fool-money-06-06-2014

Did UPS fire Mr. Peak for UPS peak planning failures?

Returntosender

Chaos climbs the ladder.

kingOFchester

cuts in pay can change a budget (my job was the budget), time away doubled my job as mom to young kids.
The spouses also live UPS and tend to bleed brown too.
After years of sacrifice, it paid off. The kids lived UPS too. My junior was moved to a new school for her senior year. She didn't know a soul, making her graduation experience dull.

I commend your commitment to your husband and family.
The above scenario would not work for me. I would not be willing to put my family threw all that. Not bashing at all.

Z

ZQXC

Abney will take over at a crucial time, as UPS heads toward the height of the holiday e-commerce rush that overwhelmed the company with last-minute shipments in 2013. He led the team that reviewed UPS’s response, which spawned a $100 million, multiyear push to expand some parcel facilities and accelerate use of new technology to make delivery routes more efficient.

Well, as you can see, we have absolutely nothing to worry about this peak. Should be smooth sailing........

kingOFchester

Abney will take over at a crucial time, as UPS heads toward the height of the holiday e-commerce rush that overwhelmed the company with last-minute shipments in 2013. He led the team that reviewed UPS’s response, which spawned a $100 million, multiyear push to expand some parcel facilities and accelerate use of new technology to make delivery routes more efficient.

Well, as you can see, we have absolutely nothing to worry about this peak. Should be smooth sailing........

Just saw a Bloomberg interview with Scottie and big D. He stated they have invested in vehicles. Ha! We are hunting down trucks now. Hope they arrive soon.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/ups-...xt-ceo-lhEkWE3oTHSGmXEwyvxPXQ.html?cmpid=yhoo

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Division mgr. was hubby's job.
He started as a driver and worked his way up. I lived it too....cuts in pay can change a budget (my job was the budget), time away doubled my job as mom to young kids.

The spouses also live UPS and tend to bleed brown too. Insight is keen in spouses.
Yes, we also reap the rewards. After years of sacrifice, it paid off. The kids lived UPS too. My junior was moved to a new school for her senior year. She didn't know a soul, making her graduation experience dull.

I had 28 years of UPS.......I may not have worked there, but I supported he who did.

From your post it's apparent that You are certainly in no position to give much( if any) "insight" to how hard an hourly employee works, and you certainly have never done anything with the company to merit insulting a hard working UPSser .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Who did I insult ??

If you are referring to photog....was it on here or the private e-mails I send him........huh??

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Do any of you realize that our CEO is responsible for all of the divisions within the company, not just small package?

Photog makes some very good points in his post.

Responsible? Yes. But there are heads to every division. It's not like the CEO runs everything. They delegate everything. The CEO's office is the boardroom.