Dear UPS

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Preface this is for those who work for UPS that watch social media and management

Dear UPS,

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to care for my family.

i have learned some things in my brief tenure within the company. The management culture is quite negative and demeaning. All to most of what i have heard management tell drivers is negative. The environment with uniins being involved easily leads to this type of behavior, however this is still the fault of management and the style they manage. If youmanagement teams pushed their numbers is a positive manner there would be a better result and possibly even more cooperation. However the style performed is negative that it has a negative effect on ghe staff and ultimately the management teams and levels.

Furthermore tue continued push for production is beginning to work against you. We are losing sight of what made the allure of not only working at UPS and being a customer is personablity amoung customers and staff alike. Drivers have no time any longer to establish any sort of cuatomer relation work with past current and perspective customers. When you lose sight of the small things like that and move strongly to a live by the numbers environment it will have detrimental effect on not juat business as a company but also the drivers and this will be the biggest problem.

Stop letting the numbers dictate everything. Have more considerations for the feet on the ground people and let us have our positive morale back. I have heard too many stories about what once was.

Sincerely,

Concerned
When haven't numbers dictated everything?

proxy-2-gif.162532

OrionsBitch

Not...
13 seconds...it takes that long to type the name the name much less have them find someone who can sign for it...this is an example of stapler jockeys having no idea what it is like to drive.
And you should at the very least let someone know your dropping off packages. I can hear the disgruntled customers calling in because nobody knew package "A" was delivered and they needed that part right away to fix machine "B" so they could manufacture a product and ship it out Early AM for their customer "C." But the package has been sitting there for a whole day and now their customer has taken their business elsewhere. I've seen that happen a few times with drivers signing and leaving stuff at businesses because they are too lazy to find someone.

Future

Victory Ride
If guys would get on the 9.5 list they would be adding 20 more cars....
Honestly ... my center is very good at not dispatching over 9.5 ..... there was many grievances in the beginning .... but they cleaned it up .... I can’t remember the last time a driver had to file for this

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I've actually got a far-fetched 'theory' about the employee stock situation that I'm trying to consult with those 'in the know' about. Since most employees that buy the stock are likely to hold onto it even if they get terminated, it's almost like they are manufacturing shareholders.

I can't wait to hear this "theory"

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
My feelings toward the company has changed dramatically since I started. They are showing me that they do not care about the health and welfare of the employees nor do they care about the level of service to our customers or the consignees. So since the company has a do not care attitude when slamming drivers, I do not care about your numbers, Orion or when I get done, but I will still show the customers and consignees that a high level of service can be done and will care and assist if I can

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Stop letting the numbers dictate everything. Have more considerations for the feet on the ground people and let us have our positive morale back. I have heard too many stories about what once was.
My morale is too long dead. UPS shot it in the head and put it six feet under cement.