DIAD - switch between different vehicles

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brown_trousers, Aug 18, 2011.

1. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

I ran into a DIAD problem today I couldn't figure out. I usually drive 2 different vehicles during a shift, one for air deliveries and a different for shuttles. Well, today I had just switched to "vehicle 2" in the diad and remembered that I forgot to enter my fuel info for vehicle 1. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to switch back to vehicle 1. I remember this was as easy as using the big up arrow before the implementation of EDD.

2. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Shuttles???
    Are youe an air driver???

3. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Once you have completed info. for trip one and entered car# and beginning mileage for trip 2, the Diad will not let you go back to Trip 1 screen, even just to view it.:angry:

4. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

I noticed this quite awhile back. You can't even tell your total miles for both vehicles together. When I have 2 cars now, I write the info from the first screen on my cheat sheet for later reference in case I want to review it.

5. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I'm filing

6. brown_trousers

uh-oh... maybe i said too much. Am i not suppose to drive shuttles as an air driver?

7. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

If it's ground work you are shuttling, you should get top ground rate for the entire day. That is how it is here in NE, anyway. Check your supplement for language.

If you do force the issue, they'll send a diff air driver for the shuttle. I've been down that road as an air driver.

8. Bubblehead

If you are an air driver, then no, you aren't supposed to be driving shuttles.
    Exception air driving work is supposed to consist of work that can't be done by the regular, FULL TIME driver because of time commitments.

This is true, but in doing so, it does not and should not prohibit a full time driver from filing a grievance as well.
    This practice is common place and is a blatant violation.
    If the company wants this flexibility, they should bargain for it rather than just taking it.

9. Bubblehead

I wonder whether you aspire to eventually become a full time driver?
    What do you think this practice is doing for your chances?

10. brown_trousers

I work as instructed...

11. brown_trousers

It has no bearing on my chances... I don't know how it works where you are, but over here FT drivers are hired by seniority

12. Bubblehead

You aren't hearing me.
    If the company is permitted to supplement the operation with part timers (you), then they won't need to hire additional full time drivers (you).

13. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Heck,,, here in my neck of the woods, we have supervisors do the shuttling. The local knows it too and nothing is said

14. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

It looks like you are not the sharpest knife in the draw, by you doing what you do, they will not fill a full time drivers position. Stop cutting deals and think about the future. Wake up start useing your head.

15. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

I can't quite see your text, could you make it larger?

16. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

That's what she said!

17. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

And I said, "I wish!!!"

18. Bubblehead

Nothing is said??
    Grieve it Steward.

19. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

I hear ya Bubble.... believe me.... falls on deaf ears and the grievances are mysteriously settled....

20. Bubblehead

$ettled???