Did any of you lose "friends" over the presidential election?

rod

Retired 22 years
I haven't lost any friends "yet" but if they don't quit crying about I'll be he one who unfriends them. For christ sakes get over it already. The sun will still come up tomorrow even though Trump got elected.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't talk politics at work and I haven't seen any of my friends since the election yet, but the only ones I keep around these days wouldn't care who I voted for anyway. Though I will say I went to a little election night party with a few back in 2012 and I found it amusing how butthurt people were that I didn't vote for Obama.
I find it hard after Obama's first 4 years why anyone not Black would have voted for him.
He had all that opportunity and he wasted it.
And it got worse during his 2nd term.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I don't have any liberal friends.

I gotten quite a few laughs over the cycle going back and forth with liberal leaning customers on the route, but it's always good-natured and never serious.

jaker

trolling
I find it hard after Obama's first 4 years why anyone not Black would have voted for him.
He had all that opportunity and he wasted it.
And it got worse during his 2nd term.
Just so glad that they can't blame blacks this time , that was the worst crap of lies that came out of that election

There is not enough blacks to change anything and where the vote really matters there is really no blacks and the places that have the bigger black vote are already Democrat states

Re-Raise

I have been a republican voter all of my life. But I have been getting a lot of grief at work because I have been a very vocal critic of Trump.

I see a con artist who bullied and insulted his way to being president. He stands on the sideline calling everything and everyone a "disaster" while having no realistic plan to actually do any of the things he says he can do.

I have not lost any friends over it, because I am still able to laugh about it with them.

Sadly though, I am in the inner circle enough to see where a lot of his support comes from. It is not coming from a good place. There is a lot of "us against them" from the midwestern white men I work with.

A lot of their support for Trump comes from a hatred for "liberals", that they pretty much define as blacks, muslims, immigrants, gays or anyone else that isn't them.

I am all for putting a fresh set of eyes in the Whitehouse, but I am worried about the message that got him elected.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have been a republican voter all of my life. But I have been getting a lot of grief at work because I have been a very vocal critic of Trump.

I see a con artist who bullied and insulted his way to being president. He stands on the sideline calling everything and everyone a "disaster" while having no realistic plan to actually do any of the things he says he can do.

I have not lost any friends over it, because I am still able to laugh about it with them.

Sadly though, I am in the inner circle enough to see where a lot of his support comes from. It is not coming from a good place. There is a lot of "us against them" from the midwestern white men I work with.

A lot of their support for Trump comes from a hatred for "liberals", that they pretty much define as blacks, muslims, immigrants, gays or anyone else that isn't them.

I am all for putting a fresh set of eyes in the Whitehouse, but I am worried about the message that got him elected.
Around here pretty much everyone, including many Democrats that voted for Trump, have said that they are sick of liberals. And it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with liberalism being a backwards ideology that erodes society