Did any of you lose "friends" over the presidential election?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have been unfriended on Facebook because of my voting record .

I can't wait for the holidays to see how many kin are still upset .

brett636

I keep a small number of close friends who, for the most part, are on the same page as I am politically. On the flip side I have very few liberals left on my Facebook friends list as many simply unfriended me because I was a Trump supporter. I am perfectly ok with that, and I would like to state for the record that I refused to unfriend anyone over political differences.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm giving them until the end of the month. I gave them all an advanced warning to get it out of their system by then or they are history. Enough of the whining already!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have been a republican voter all of my life. But I have been getting a lot of grief at work because I have been a very vocal critic of Trump.

I see a con artist who bullied and insulted his way to being president. He stands on the sideline calling everything and everyone a "disaster" while having no realistic plan to actually do any of the things he says he can do.

I have not lost any friends over it, because I am still able to laugh about it with them.

Sadly though, I am in the inner circle enough to see where a lot of his support comes from. It is not coming from a good place. There is a lot of "us against them" from the midwestern white men I work with.

A lot of their support for Trump comes from a hatred for "liberals", that they pretty much define as blacks, muslims, immigrants, gays or anyone else that isn't them.

I am all for putting a fresh set of eyes in the Whitehouse, but I am worried about the message that got him elected.

Tell us about this "inner circle"

watdaflock?

All my friends are happy Union members like me.
Did you or any of your union friends ever stop to consider if Trump endorsed "right to work" laws?
Most of Trump's anti-labor actions will come indirectly, through his appointees to the Supreme Court, the NLRB, and the Labor Department.