Did i get the job or what?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by PowerHandler, Oct 26, 2013.

1. PowerHandler

PowerHandler New Member

I had an interview with the Ground for a seasonal package handler on the 4th, and I was being told hiring start around the 20th something, but now it's 26th, and I haven't heard anything from them since. I believe season starts in November. Are they finishing up for the hiring seasonal handlers already? Should I give them a call on Monday?

2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Magic 8-ball says, "your future does not look good"

3. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

4. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

"Seasonal package handler" means disposable temporary employee. FedEx is not a good company to work for. If you want to be a seasonal handler, do it at UPS. If they like you, they might keep you on after peak.

5. Nick9075

Nick9075 Member

Good point and I you are being too nice. UPS is advertising $16.10 per hour for seasonal workers here in Massachusetts. FedEx has become beyond horrible, I am out after peak if not before (but that is a whole other story).

6. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker for stayin' at team purple for another peak... is that for a Driver or a Package Handler?, seems more like a temp driver (it's $16.40 per hour over in my state)

7. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Being a package handler during peak season is rough. Endless sea of boxes, cold warehouse, stressed out managers....

I'll be in the office.

8. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Do you warm your Kool-Aid in the winter months? And does that strengthen it's effects?

9. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Purple cocoa.

10. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yum. Zombie juice.

11. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

Being a package handler is rough period.

12. PowerHandler

PowerHandler New Member

nvm the hard work. i cant even get the job itself. i called them yesterday but the lady said the guy wasn't there so i have to leave my info for him to call me back. again, so far nothing happening! UPS is nice too but they just pay right at minimum wage+union fees whereas Fedex pays like 2 dollars more with no union. when is the seasonal package handler usually start?

13. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

14. PowerHandler

PowerHandler New Member

i knew it! just checking. i guess i didn't get the job but dang so closed at least i think so. well it's a seasonal job anyway. package handler is like the perfect job for college student.

15. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Not unless you like being dog tired before the day has even begun! lol

16. PowerHandler

PowerHandler New Member

Good New! just got a call and Orientation starts on next couple days. i guess i got it after all. last wish is to be permanent.

17. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

congrats (I guess), ....I'll try to be happy for ya

18. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

^^^Like^^^

19. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

Very good new!:happy-very:

20. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Whats that saying? "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."