Did the scale drop down to $22 an hour for new Package car drivers?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by sortaisle, Sep 24, 2008.

1. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

I could swear I remember reading that UPS wanted to drop all drivers scale down to $22 an hour for this contract. Of course that didn't happen, but now I hear that all new drivers top scale is $22 as of August. What's the truth, cause it impacts what my choices are in the future.

2. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

Read the contract.

3. barrycold

barrycold New Member

What is this guy talking about?? Driver $22 an hour....lol.

4. sortaisle

I would if it was printed

5. steeltoe

steeltoe New Member

It is printed. Go to a union meeting and get one. If not, look on the Teamsters website. I hope you did not vote on a contract that you do not know the payscale for a position you are thinking about taking.

6. chev

chev Nightcrawler

You haven't gotten your book yet. Our shop steward handed ours out over a month ago. Guess I will have to take a look through it to see what you are talking about.

7. hyena

hyena I shut down BC

Top rate is the same for all drivers. Progrssion is now 3 years though.

8. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

Top rate is roughly 28.50 most areas

9. govols019

Lazy you are.

10. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Yoda! Use the force!

11. sortaisle

What the duece? If the contract is unavailable, my BA doesn't even have one yet, how am I lazy?

12. MR_Vengeance

MR_Vengeance United Parcel Survivor

no $22 for now but it will be one day.with that in mind then you should get back to school and learn something. it's alot easier to use your brain then your body, it last alot longer than your knees.........

13. ikoi62

ikoi62 Member

why is he lazy? our local here in NJ hasn't gotten copies yet..

14. govols019

It is extremely easy to find a copy of the contract on the Internet. It took me all of 10 seconds. http://tdu.org/node/1617

15. BigBrownSanta

BigBrownSanta New Member

This is just the language that was changed in the new contract.

Does anyone have a link to the supplements that is updated, complete and in full context?

16. govols019

If the language wasn't changed then couldn't you just check the old contract?

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Bingo!! You should have both the old contract and the online version of the new contract in hand and you will be all set. Of course, having the new one printed and in hand would be much more convenient.

18. govols019

Or you can come here, ask questions that you should already know the answer to since we JUST voted in the new contract and I can berate you for being lazy. It's kinda like my pastime.

19. BigBrownSanta

BigBrownSanta New Member

Actually, I was wanting to get full copies of all the supplements so that I could see what the differences are between each area of the country.

I am also trying to put the full contract into a Word document so that I can carry it loaded on my PDA phone for quick reference without having to carry the book.

The IBT should take the time to do it that way and cut down on printing costs.

20. govols019

Great idea.