different pay rates/same check

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dantheman52, May 8, 2014.

1. livin the dream

livin the dream Active Member

i'm supposed to be making 11.50, but it says my current pay rate is 10.50. however, it will break down my hours and i'd say 95% of my check is paid at 11.50. then it'll say i worked some bs like 0.6 hours at 10.50. i'm assuming this is ups cutting even more corners, but i wanted to get some insight before i take it to management.

2. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Management cutting corners by "accidentally" messing up pay checks? Say it ain't so.

3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

it ain't so

4. livin the dream

then why would there be a discrepancy? I only work twilight. I don't have a combo job or anything

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. PSlocal63

PSlocal63 New Member

I'm having the same issue part of my hours are at 10.50 at least 3 hours a week the rest at 11.50. Also why didn't we recieve a full 70 cent raise ? I only got 50 cents and I attained senority long before the august 1 contract date

6. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Your current pay rate should included your raise. I would talk to HR about it.

7. Oak

Oak Active Member

Do you work small sort by chance?

8. livin the dream

no I sort in the primary

Sent using BrownCafe App

9. Oak

Oak Active Member

Do you have to enter your times in the computer? As in, so many minutes doing this and so many minutes doing that?

10. livin the dream

nope.

Sent using BrownCafe App

11. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Did you have any sort of training or additional paid time for paperwork?

Just guessing....

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You do realize that we are talking about $.60 here, right? .60 hrs * $1 = $.60

I'll bet you have that and more under the cushions on your couch.

13. livin the dream

so I shouldn't care that ups is shaving money off my check? I don't care if it's one cent, I earned it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

PM me your address----I'll send you a dollar.

15. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

$0.60(17.5hrs) x 4 weeks x 12 months = $504/yr dantheman52 could miss out on

Kinda like the same math I've seen some drivers use to clock how much pay they'd miss out on over a career if they came in 15 minutes early every day to sort their truck for 40 years straight.

Yeah, this possible discrepancy is negligible on a single paycheck, but spread it out over many and it becomes more bothersome.

danthemann52, talk to your steward about it if you find them to be more helpful than not. It's definitely good to know that your complaint is actually complaint-worthy before you go pick an argument with management.

16. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

If I were you, I wouldn't take my paystub to HR or my center manager and inquire about it. I would just complain about it on the internet.

17. Kae3106

Kae3106 Active Member

Have your center put in a Time and Labor inquiry right away to ask about your job classification and base rate. There is a $1 difference between "unskilled" and "skilled" jobs. It's possible your HR classification is "unskilled" but you always use a "skilled" work code so you get the extra dollar but the system has your base rate as $10.50 and not $11.50. This is super important with a holiday coming up. If your job class is "unskilled" and the payroll system has your base rate at $10.50, you will get that rate for the holiday pay. The system is designed to bump you up if you use a skilled work activity but should not be able to bump you down...so if your classification is "skilled" it can't drop you to the "unskilled" rate.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List