different pay rates/same check

livin the dream

i'm supposed to be making 11.50, but it says my current pay rate is 10.50. however, it will break down my hours and i'd say 95% of my check is paid at 11.50. then it'll say i worked some bs like 0.6 hours at 10.50. i'm assuming this is ups cutting even more corners, but i wanted to get some insight before i take it to management.

PSlocal63

I'm having the same issue part of my hours are at 10.50 at least 3 hours a week the rest at 11.50. Also why didn't we recieve a full 70 cent raise ? I only got 50 cents and I attained senority long before the august 1 contract date

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
i'm supposed to be making 11.50, but it says my current pay rate is 10.50. however, it will break down my hours and i'd say 95% of my check is paid at 11.50. then it'll say i worked some bs like 0.6 hours at 10.50. i'm assuming this is ups cutting even more corners, but i wanted to get some insight before i take it to management.
Your current pay rate should included your raise. I would talk to HR about it.

J

jibbs

$0.60(17.5hrs) x 4 weeks x 12 months = $504/yr dantheman52 could miss out on

Kinda like the same math I've seen some drivers use to clock how much pay they'd miss out on over a career if they came in 15 minutes early every day to sort their truck for 40 years straight.

Yeah, this possible discrepancy is negligible on a single paycheck, but spread it out over many and it becomes more bothersome.

danthemann52, talk to your steward about it if you find them to be more helpful than not. It's definitely good to know that your complaint is actually complaint-worthy before you go pick an argument with management.

Kae3106

Have your center put in a Time and Labor inquiry right away to ask about your job classification and base rate. There is a $1 difference between "unskilled" and "skilled" jobs. It's possible your HR classification is "unskilled" but you always use a "skilled" work code so you get the extra dollar but the system has your base rate as $10.50 and not $11.50. This is super important with a holiday coming up. If your job class is "unskilled" and the payroll system has your base rate at $10.50, you will get that rate for the holiday pay. The system is designed to bump you up if you use a skilled work activity but should not be able to bump you down...so if your classification is "skilled" it can't drop you to the "unskilled" rate.