Discipline for send agains.

oldngray

nowhere special
Probably newer drivers never heard of the old methods where you needed to try to indirect packages instead of just DR everything.

I worked at UPS for 25+ years in operations management, sounds like "send agains" are the new flavor of the month. If there is one thing I learned long ago UPS will measure something or some metric just to say they are measuring it. I say if you made your two "valid alternate delivery attempts" per the methods (not just slapped up a delivery notice on the front door and then left as fast as you can) it comes back tomorrow. Now we all know that this scenario happens only 10% of the time. If you Sup or center manager says re attempt then re- attempt at $45+ per hour. Pretty soon they will be telling you send agains are OK again.

Don't fight the beast, do what he wants and laugh all the way to the bank

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Don't fight the beast, do what he wants and laugh all the way to the bank[/QUOTE
That's the way to do it. Make the boss tell you what he wants you to do. Be sure it is in writing (on ivis or cell text) or in front of other drivers who can back you up. When the over allowed goes up, you say hey, just working as YOU instructed. You got to play the game. In my 38 years, I'd say reached the title of ninja master. lol.

JL 0513

Upstate, what is the purpose of indirecting, unless there's a note left by the customer to have a neighbor sign? If something needs a sig, someone living at the address signs, not a neighbor. In what scenario would one indirect a package without special instructions?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate, what is the purpose of indirecting, unless there's a note left by the customer to have a neighbor sign? If something needs a sig, someone living at the address signs, not a neighbor. In what scenario would one indirect a package without special instructions?

Signature required pkgs can be indirected.

Adult signature required pkgs cannot.