Divorce vs legal separation

UPSGUY72

Honestly, many if not most people should never marry and especially, have children. Good ol' social norms and conformity have to screw everything up, though.

I got married because I thought it was the right things to do at the time. Looking back it wasn't. I should have gotten divorced 8 years ago when she pulled the same crap she's pulling now.

Marriage isn't the problem the problem is that the world has change a lot in the last 30 years. 30 years ago you spent a lot of time with your immediate and extended family these days that dime hardly exist.

DOK

Since I don't pay a dime for Health insurance it not really cheaper.

Also in the long run. It would be more expensive as right know she will only get $800 of my pension when I retire. In 10 years she be getting $2000 of it a month if not more...

Know a guy that was married 20 some years and claims his ex got zero from his pension. Not sure how but he says she got half everything else, just didn't get any from pension.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Know a guy that was married 20 some years and claims his ex got zero from his pension. Not sure how but he says she got half everything else, just didn't get any from pension.

Unless she also has a pension close to what his would be he is being less than truthful with you.

UPSGUY72

Unless she also has a pension close to what his would be he is being less than truthful with you.

Not entirely true the wife doesn't have to get a piece of your pension. If you two come to a agreement on it. You could give her something else in return for her not taking part of cc your pension m

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not entirely true the wife doesn't have to get a piece of your pension. If you two come to a agreement on it. You could give her something else in return for her not taking part of cc your pension m

My ex will be getting about $800/month from my pension. This works out to $9,600/year, $96K after 10 years and $192K after 20 years. Awfully tough to keep something like this in exchange for taking over part of the bills.

Z

ZQXC

My ex will be getting about $800/month from my pension. This works out to $9,600/year, $96K after 10 years and $192K after 20 years. Awfully tough to keep something like this in exchange for taking over part of the bills.

Don't ever retire; that will piss her off. :biggrin:

rod

Retired 22 years
I think most people get married because they fall in lust with the other person. Especially the guys. If it wasn't for that "lust" thing there would be far fewer marriages.

upschuck

I think most people get married because they fall in lust with the other person. Especially the guys. If it wasn't for that "lust" thing there would be far fewer marriages.
I totally agree. People confuse lust with love, and when that goes away, so does what the foundation of the marriage was laid on, too.