Divorce vs legal separation

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well her restraining order wasn't continued and after filling mine and given her and her attorney a copy she wanted to work out an temporary agreement till the Divorce is finalized so I withdrew my complaint.

Went back to the house to get a couple of things and she talkative for the first time and months but was pretty :censored2: off probably do to the fact she the temporary agreement wasn't to her liking and I got more of what I wanted then she did. I didn't get everything I wanted but I got the most important things overnight visitation....

Sounds like she may be trying to get sole custody.

UPSGUY72

Sounds like she may be trying to get sole custody.

I'm sure her lawyer told her that will never happen. Thinking about it that could have been why she seemed all pissed off when I stop back to the house to get more of my stuff as she didn't want me to have overnight visitation.

These day you have to pretty much be real dirt bag or just give up your kids not to have joint legal and or shared custody. I could have shared custody but with my 1 hour drive to from work and lack of any help to what the kids after school I'll settle for joint legal custody... But down the road that will change especially when they start getting older.

UPSGUY72

Keep fighting the good fight. In the end all that matters are the kids.

I agree totally agree. Got to see my son and daughter tonight 2:00 hrs I don't know who was happier me seeing them or they being able to see me.

Attachments

• 2015-05-06 19.32.37.jpg
    2015-05-06 19.32.37.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 143

BostonBo

I only got visitation at first because of my long hours, but I've had them the past 14 months because my ex has substance abuse issues and got evicted from her apartment.

Z

ZQXC

I'm Hanging on I think I made it over the hump and thing should start getting better from here on out. There is still a lot to be worked out on the material and financial issues but that pretty much cut and dry....

How many years into the marriage?

UPSGUY72

It's cheaper to keep her.

Since I don't pay a dime for Health insurance it not really cheaper.

Also in the long run. It would be more expensive as right know she will only get $800 of my pension when I retire. In 10 years she be getting $2000 of it a month if not more...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Honestly, many if not most people should never marry and especially, have children. Good ol' social norms and conformity have to screw everything up, though.
Yep. I don't know about kids but marriage is something society created. We realt are not meant to liv together for 20,30,40,50 years.