Divorce vs legal separation

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yup said your not going. Then later in the morning saw the guy I was going with and told him he need to check with her to see if I had other family responsibility before he asked me to do something in the future.
This really irks me even if you are only an internet friend. I have someone who used to be very close to me, have a wife like this. He had to become her to get along.
He had to give up all his hobbies, unless they include the family. But she of course does not have to give up kayakking, roller bladeing or the night out with the girls. Or the 10 day vacation in cozumel with mummsy and daddy. and now 14 yrs later, he has not a soul to call a friend, sad.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Both kids weren't sick and she had no problem with me going on sat with my son and the other people and there children. She only had a issue when I went out with just the guys.

Hey, that's just Dave altering reality to fit his perceptions.

How odd is to still be sleeping in the same bed of you soon to be ex wife that pretty much hates your guts because you decided to go snowmobiling instead of staying home when she and the kids were sick. The kicker is when I walk around the house in my underwear she says nice when she looks at my butt.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/random-thoughts.345590/page-21#ixzz3ZG6cZtVN

Johney

Well I decided that I had enough of the toxic environment and moved out. Of the house over the weekend. She hadn't talked to me all week then Saturday more when I got up Things went south. I got a text message from a friend wanting to go golfing. I told my wife I had plans for 3:00 and she told me I basically couldn't go. One thing lead to another and I had to call the cops on her. Then I packed some of my stuff and off I went.
I sure hope you didn't screw yourself by leaving. Here if you do that the spouse can get you with abandonment.(I think)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I sure hope you didn't screw yourself by leaving. Here if you do that the spouse can get you with abandonment.(I think)

Abandonment would mean that he left her and the children with no means of support.

Grabbing some of his stuff and finding a new place to live (temporarily?) would not be considered abandonment.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This really irks me even if you are only an internet friend. I have someone who used to be very close to me, have a wife like this. He had to become her to get along.
He had to give up all his hobbies, unless they include the family. But she of course does not have to give up kayakking, roller bladeing or the night out with the girls. Or the 10 day vacation in cozumel with mummsy and daddy. and now 14 yrs later, he has not a soul to call a friend, sad.
I have a brother in law that's a boyfriend chameleon. Any girl he dated he always totally changed into their interests. He's married now.

Before he was married the only wine he drank was the kind he could chug. Now they make their own wine and he could talk 45 minutes about a merlot with you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Happens a lot, some guys just put up with it, over time though it will wear you down, every man has a point where they've had enough, just takes some guys longer to get to that point.

You know they're like, I like the house I have, what will our friends think, etc...But that only lasts so long.

The saddest situations are where the guy, out of a sense of honor, is determined to stay married regardless of how miserable he is. He becomes a shell of his former self just waiting to die, while she runs everything and enjoys her life. Hate to see that. It's not right.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
How odd is to still be sleeping in the same bed of you soon to be ex wife that pretty much hates your guts because you decided to go snowmobiling instead of staying home when she and the kids were sick. The kicker is when I walk around the house in my underwear she says nice when she looks at my butt.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/random-thoughts.345590/page-21#ixzz3ZG6cZtVN

Good memory or did you bookmark that for future reference?

rod

Retired 22 years
The saddest situations are where the guy, out of a sense of honor, is determined to stay married regardless of how miserable he is. He becomes a shell of his former self just waiting to die, while she runs everything and enjoys her life. Hate to see that. It's not right.

Sounds like one of my brother-in-laws. He has changed from a fun loving guy to a useless lump of coal. He hasn't shown up at a family function in years because she can't get along with anybody.

UPSGUY72

My son was sick earlier in the week he went snowmobiling with me on Sat he was fine by Sunday my daughter was getting over it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My son was sick earlier in the week he went snowmobiling with me on Sat he was fine by Sunday my daughter was getting over it.

Stop trying to justify yourself with Dave. He thrives on others' misfortunes. It somehow makes him feel better about his miserable little life.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stop trying to justify yourself with Dave. He thrives on others' misfortunes. It somehow makes him feel better about his miserable little life.

I just call it like I see it and my first impression of what he said is that he cared more about going snowmobiling that taking care of his sick wife and kids.

As for the rest of your Dr. Phil drivel........yawn.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When I am sick why keep a well person home? OK because I am sick cancel your plans to go dirt bike riding, sturgis, daytona, Ama races, etc. Unless you are dying of a terminal illness do you really need to be pampered and ruin plans others have. I call it like I see it, thats self absorbed.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have 7 grandkids, plans dont change coz one gets sick unless its a baby, and they are really really sick.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yup said your not going. Then later in the morning saw the guy I was going with and told him he need to check with her to see if I had other family responsibility before he asked me to do something in the future.
You do know why divorce is expensive, right? Its worth every dime.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I am sick why keep a well person home? OK because I am sick cancel your plans to go dirt bike riding, sturgis, daytona, Ama races, etc. Unless you are dying of a terminal illness do you really need to be pampered and ruin plans others have. I call it like I see it, thats self absorbed.

"Honey, I know that you and the kids are not feeling well. Would you like me to stay home this afternoon and take care of you guys or would it be OK if took the Ski-Doo out for a few hours and then take care of you when I get back home?"

If at that point she says that she would prefer that I stay home then I stay home.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
"Honey, I know that you and the kids are not feeling well. Would you like me to stay home this afternoon and take care of you guys or would it be OK if took the Ski-Doo out for a few hours and then take care of you when I get back home?"

If at that point she says that she would prefer that I stay home then I stay home.
I am sure he would have went for a few hours, came home, and catered to the sick. I dont even have to ask, thats how normal people are. If you ask that ? a normal person would say go enjoy yourself, I will be fine. Its about caring about anothers happiness. And if its severe where everyone is puking in the tub, and sitting on a toilet, AT THE SAME TIME, well I guess that would be a cancellation of plans reason, I doubt it was that. If I get that sick I tell my husband to go to a motel. I know I will live, and I dont want you sick.