Do pt package handlers work Black Friday?

MassWineGuy

Oh poor, poor package car drivers with their $34/hour, no premiums to pay health care packages have to work the day after Thanksgiving. I won't be able to sleep for a month because this is so upsetting.

MassWineGuy

My heart goes out to you and your other poor, overworked, underpaid brothers and sisters. I can tell you're beside yourself with grief over Vlack Friday.

Z

ZQXC

Oh poor, poor package car drivers with their $34/hour, no premiums to pay health care packages have to work the day after Thanksgiving. I won't be able to sleep for a month because this is so upsetting.

I only make $33.81, still have to make that bothersome co-pay, and I won't be working the day after Thanksgiving.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
This past week we were informed that the day after Thanksgiving would be a regular work day for Preload, with all hours paid at straight time in addition to our holiday pay. I'm scheduled off that week and will be traveling out of town to visit family. But I was told that as the contract stipulates no time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I was expected to report to work that Friday.

This past week we were informed that the day after Thanksgiving would be a regular work day for Preload, with all hours paid at straight time in addition to our holiday pay. I'm scheduled off that week and will be traveling out of town to visit family. But I was told that as the contract stipulates no time off between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I was expected to report to work that Friday.
In the Central Region Supplement it says no single vacation days can be taken between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

MassWineGuy

I only make $33.81, still have to make that bothersome co-pay, and I won't be working the day after Thanksgiving.

I'm glad there are some who won't be working then.

So far, FedEx has been a lot more welcoming and friendly than UPS ever was (except for the drivers, who I got along very well with). Would I like more money? Hmm. Let me think about that. But to make what UPS pays and die sooner from the stress and b.s. may not be worth it all.

MethodsMan

I'm glad there are some who won't be working then.

So far, FedEx has been a lot more welcoming and friendly than UPS ever was (except for the drivers, who I got along very well with). Would I like more money? Hmm. Let me think about that. But to make what UPS pays and die sooner from the stress and b.s. may not be worth it all.

What stress?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My beef is that working Black Friday used to be voluntary. Some years I would work it. It was an easy way to earn a little extra money and it also got me out of traveling for the holiday. Other years I would take it off to rest up for peak. It was always about choice. Now because of some horrible decisions made by some chuckleheads in Atlanta last peak, we are being forced to work in the misguided belief that this will solve all peak problems.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's going to be a :censored2: day with tons of :censored2:ing businesses loaded that are closed, even if we put in the board they're going to be closed and half the day is going to be spent fighting the damn load. I expect a 7 hour day as a part timer on twilight/reload.