Do you have any respect for drivers who never worked on the inside?

island1fox

Big difference though. CEO can put in 5, 6 years, quit and be set for life. I can't seem to bring any tears for any CEO.
Drac,

You make it sound like CEO's just waltz into thoses jobs ---most put in a very hard thirty years before reaching the top rung !!! I am not shedding tears for ANYONE --we all make our own beds --drivers or CEO'S !!!

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
I turned 21 on Monday. Had a package car job on Friday, 1989. They had several retirees and no one to take the positions of age. I had been in to apply for what I thought was the only open positions of part time and the hiring supervisor asked if I wanted to go driving.

BrownTexas

On "a truck"?

How about 4-5 at one time? Plus pick and pull.

I respect those preloaders.
Respect loaders that do their job right. We have far too many half-assed loaders that come in looking to go home and could careless about the job they do and how it reflects greatly on my performance.

10 point

Whether you're hired from the inside or outside I think the common thread that should bind us all together is that we're doing all this hard work for our families and we, UPS people, are a special group that made the "cut" to work in the best delivery company in the world.

We are well respected and we earn that respect every day.

upsers907

Loaders only get respect when it is earn...they get paid :censored2:ty to come in and load the trucks for the drivers...and 9 times out of 10 they suck at it

Sent using BrownCafe App

By The Book

Loaders only get respect when it is earn...they get paid :censored2:ty to come in and load the trucks for the drivers...and 9 times out of 10 they suck at it

Sent using BrownCafe App
Why would a loader only get respect when it's earn...?Your words. I don't get your feelings on their pay, and no way 9 out of ten sick at it. We're you a loader at one time?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I was an off the street hire,, worked peak 87 in one building ,offered to keep me but I declined.
I reapplied in 89 and was told I was not needed inside, told I had to drive...this guy next to me (part timer to drive ) said he worked here for two years and said not to forget his name because he was senior man and always will be to me .....'I know the system pal "" wellll Tom lasted 4 days and the Covemaster is still here !!!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I have worked the twi,,,have driven several rtes, I have sorted ft, shifted ft did a test rt before NDA went to 1030 , I was one of the first to do Sat air ( 6 punch back then ) now I have been in feeders for 12 yrs,,Im no better than the guy on my left,right or a part timer,I did what was right to get to where I am,have taken a lot of shete and had to eat a lot of shete over the years ,but you know,,i am better off than most of all the guys I went to H.S with,,,same job for 25 plus years and never looked down at no one!! Do I feel guilty for being an off the street hire ??? No ,,I missed out on as much as any one with a family and paid my dues in full I believe !

Raw

Raw Member
I was hired off the street in the 80`s to drive and I have no respect for 9 out of 10 part timers moved up to driver. Horrible drivers and same bad work effort they had as loaders.......

By The Book

I was hired off the street in the 80`s to drive and I have no respect for 9 out of 10 part timers moved up to driver. Horrible drivers and same bad work effort they had as loaders.......
I think you should either go into management, or stop comparing your (I'm better than 90%) of all part timers who move up to be drivers attitude. You never worked preload, so you have no idea how hard that job is. Sure your this great driver now and I'm sure you feel you could load trucks no problem now but you skipped that part so you don't know.

Raw

Raw Member
I think you should either go into management, or stop comparing your (I'm better than 90%) of all part timers who move up to be drivers attitude. You never worked preload, so you have no idea how hard that job is. Sure your this great driver now and I'm sure you feel you could load trucks no problem now but you skipped that part so you don't know.
I never said preload was easy, it`s the hardest job at UPS. I never wanted to load or unload. that's why I applied to be a driver. The fact that is difficult to work preload doesn`t mean they will be a good driver you D

Raw

Raw Member
I never said preload was easy, it`s the hardest job at UPS. I never wanted to load or unload. that's why I applied to be a driver. The fact that is difficult to work preload doesn`t mean they will be a good driver you D
Also I said 9 out of 10 are bad drivers, I`m better than 100% of them you double D

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think a nicer way to put it is they tend to keep their insider mentality when they go on road and that just don't cut it.