Do you have any respect for drivers who never worked on the inside?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think the thread is about respect, not whether a person is as good as the next with respect to job performance,agree?

To me part of respecting my co-workers is what they bring to the table. If I am constantly having to help them out I tend to lose respect for them and vice versa.

There was a kid this past Peak who I had to help out on several occasions. On the 3rd time I let him know exactly how I felt about it. Today is he one of our better drivers.

upschuck

I think a nicer way to put it is they tend to keep their insider mentality when they go on road and that just don't cut it.
That is why management likes outside drivers because they don't have all the baggage of being in PT for years. Another example of UPS shooting themselves in the foot.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
To me part of respecting my co-workers is what they bring to the table. If I am constantly having to help them out I tend to lose respect for them and vice versa.

There was a kid this past Peak who I had to help out on several occasions. On the 3rd time I let him know exactly how I felt about it. Today is he one of our better drivers.
Was the kid just overwhelmed or just overloaded.we have guys here who run their fricken as off then get pissed if they have to go help out the "slug" who's actually an efficient driver who chose to take his or her lunch and breaks and is just overloaded.....moving at an average pace, but overloaded.

Z

ZQXC

So, just a single pep talk from Ole Dave and you put this kid back "on the right track".

That is nothing short of amazing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Most of us just don't have that deep down fire and drive that the top echelon of drivers have....I once heard that they are born with it, it's in their blood, their dna to be at the top of the ups driver food chain, the 1% if you will....

wayfair

swollen member
When I was a preloader, I'd ask the drivers how they'd like their cars loaded.
And when is that ???

when they earn it...

there was a off the street driver that got a art 23 inside combo job... didn't last

I had transferred to a new center and this piece of work called me a rookie... I had 10 years on him.

We have other ft drivers that have went to art 23 combo inside jobs, 2 in my center, worked in my center, and are the worst loaders we have

10 point

One tier for off the street hires and the higher tiered wages for those employees with a part time seniority date.

I like that. That's fair. But if you know Latin you get free socks.
That was a joke.

But getting free socks for knowing Latin is still a good proposal.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I never said preload was easy, it`s the hardest job at UPS.
Nah, pickoff during peak is the hardest job I've seen at UPS. Crap coming down belt wide 3 high and you furiously sorting and whipping stuff around while sups are screaming to keep the belt on.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

MethodsMan

Typical runner. Hates helping others.