Do you support TDU?

How do you feel about TDU?

• Total voters

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So your folks have been trying for at least 17 years to get the part timers paid like they should be. And aren't able to get it done

What does that say about the current administration?
Part timers are getting paid and with contract raises like they should. Your issue is you feel the starting wage should be different. I'm asking you, what should it be? Keep in mind that the part timers get full medical coverage for zero dollars out of their checks.

wide load

Do you realize that companies use TDU material to keep thier employees from joining the Teamsters?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Actually, most of them don't know this nor do they care. Some people just want to be heard I guess. Doesn't matter the cause, just "Over here! Over here!"

Faceplanted

Starting part time wages imho should be in th 12-14hr range. When I started damn near 20 years ago srarting pay was damn near 2x minimum wage. Now starting pay is basically mini min wage and u have to wait longer for benefits. It's a crappy hand to play as a new part timer

You ibt guys are just ss bad as tdu. Tdu is "splitting up" the teamsters while ibt is only looking out for current senior deiveres ans spend too much time talking about people's dental hygiene. Both sides are to blame for the union falling off

wide load

Starting part time wages imho should be in th 12-14hr range. When I started damn near 20 years ago srarting pay was damn near 2x minimum wage. Now starting pay is basically mini min wage and u have to wait longer for benefits. It's a crappy hand to play as a new part timer
Yeah, sounds like it sucks.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Let's lay it out on the table.
there should be more options in your poll. TDU needs a lot of improvement and better leadership. I don't like them much. I did subscribe to their newsletter for awhile but got tired of them always soliciting me for more money all the time.

there should always be a dissenting voice and a questioning of authority.

QUESTION AUTHORITY

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
there should be more options in your poll. TDU needs a lot of improvement and better leadership. I don't like them much. I did subscribe to their newsletter for awhile but got tired of them always soliciting me for more money all the time.

there should always be a dissenting voice and a questioning of authority.

QUESTION AUTHORITY
Actually, if the IBT took care of business for any appreciable amount of time, TDU would dry up, like APWA did.

These guys would rather continually talk about a fringe element being the root of all evil, rather than acknowledging that the Teamsters continually have multiple issues that need to be addressed .

SMH

~Bbbl~™

UniteandWin

Nothing wrong with questioning authority in your Union, Employment, Church, Community, or your Country. I got a problem with people making a career out of it like non-Teamster Ken P

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Nothing wrong with questioning authority in your Union, Employment, Church, Community, or your Country. I got a problem with people making a career out of it like non-Teamster Ken P

Sent using BrownCafe App
So you believe an organization of this size should be run by rank and file members who continue to work full time in their crafts?
Is that how the Union works internationally or locally ?

I'm not a member of TDU, never have been, even though I have been declared as one by the defacto old guard system.
Doesn't bother me, actually makes me laugh.
I have never needed their help in pointing out the short comings of our Union.

UniteandWin

It's the arm-chair quarterback mentality of Ken P that bothers me. How come Ken P never ran for office, or held a position in the Teamsters, and try to change things from within? I will tell you why. It is very easy to complain, point fingers, judge, and distort when you are on rhe sideline.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UniteandWin

I have a problem with our current IBT' president's working Teamster record too. Tdu throws stones, living in a big glass house

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Actually, if the IBT took care of business for any appreciable amount of time, TDU would dry up, like APWA did.

APWA was 2 goofball feeder drivers.

If TDU was above board, they would open their books. And, disclose their financial backers.

I got a problem with people making a career out of it like non-Teamster Ken P

Yep.

Either the company's are funneling money to TDU....

Or, Ken P is still working at a gas station. Like he was, prior to 1974.

TDU doesn't get all their money from "member" donations.

It's not even possible.

I'm not a member of TDU, never have been, even though I have been declared as one by the defacto old guard system.

Since you let TDU, post your picture (on their website) sitting in the front row;

You are going to be classified, as TDU.

Making a "claim" of just being there, to sell something....

Tells me, you are taking advantage of "weak minded" Teamsters.

After all, they are at a TDU meeting. :biggrin:

It's the arm-chair quarterback mentality of Ken P that bothers me. How come Ken P never ran for office, or held a position in the Teamsters, and try to change things from within? I will tell you why. It is very easy to complain, point fingers, judge, and distort when you are on the sideline.

In.... for the win.

TDU sucks.

-Bug-

hyena

Tdu is like Scientology, it's BS. why don't Tdu members get to vote for their president? Wouldn't that be the democratic way? They claim to have won the right for Teamsters to vote for leadership, yet they dont let their members.

LeadBelly

Banned
APWA was 2 goofball feeder drivers.

If TDU was above board, they would open their books. And, disclose their financial backers.

Yep.

Either the company's are funneling money to TDU....

Or, Ken P is still working at a gas station. Like he was, prior to 1974.

TDU doesn't get all their money from "member" donations.

It's not even possible.

Since you let TDU, post your picture (on their website) sitting in the front row;

After all, they are at a TDU meeting. :biggrin:

In.... for the win.

TDU sucks.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

After all, they are at a TDU meeting.
Front row, of a round table?.....OK

I was there (TDU Convention, twice) on business, as a guest selling something that I buy for myself to this day, and I was appreciative.

I really don't care how I am "classified", truly, and if it was just me, I'd accept that for what little it's worth.

But it isn't just me, it's anybody with a opposing viewpoint that's labeled TDU, over and over, every time....

I'll say it again, the vast majority who care about TDU, are only those in Union office, or their minions, looking over their shoulders .....

.....and their constant objections only serve to make curious the unaware, who need only look a mouse-click away for the answers.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited: