Does Anyone Have First-Hand Experience with Same Day City Courier?`

Purplepackage

PP package is right, at my station pt'ers work more hours than full time if they want. Metro stations mostly, I've been in smaller stations and most full timers will work all available extra hours.
I see what your saying. Have you considered taking a FT position in the metro area and moving there? Take it, do your commitment and try to transfer back to your area when it opens up.
part timers in a lot of metro areas work 55-60 hrs a week consistently where I've been. But, you have to make it known you're willing to work.

Even at small stations, management would rather give those 10 extra hours a week to someone on straight time then a full timer who already has 50 and is trying to get 60 on the week.

Yozh69

PP package is right, at my station pt'ers work more hours than full time if they want. Metro stations mostly, I've been in smaller stations and most full timers will work all available extra hours.
I see what your saying. Have you considered taking a FT position in the metro area and moving there? Take it, do your commitment and try to transfer back to your area when it opens up.
part timers in a lot of metro areas work 55-60 hrs a week consistently where I've been. But, you have to make it known you're willing to work.
Yup. Thought about it and am keeping my eyes open for positions. I was going to head downtown today but something came up. Maybe that position will still be in JCATS tomorrow. That might be a good sign :) Does anyone know if I can access JCATS from the internet rather than from the corpnet? Sure would make things easier. It's amazing how technologically dysfunctional this company is. Heck, we don't even get an email address!

One big problem is that I'm literally low-man on the totem pole for seniority. Makes it hard to pick-up any hours especially when the guys I got hired with want to work too (we were all hired within a few weeks of each other. I was last)

Yozh69

I'd check the p2 thing again, new fiscal year started. Of course we only have 2 part timers at a small station so we really do need them more often the not.

Can you stay or re load after your pup route?
Not usually. During the week I'm stuck doing splits where I load a trailer at a corporate customer site that then gets pulled by an RTD to go directly to the ramp. By the time I get back the sort is wrapping up. But it also means they save two hours a day pay because the load I work only needs four hours of my time per day than the six they hired me for. Hence, me only getting 20hrs a week.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Does anyone know if I can access JCATS from the internet rather than from the corpnet? Sure would make things easier. It's amazing how technologically dysfunctional this company is. Heck, we don't even get an email address!
No, you can't access JCATS via the internet. You should've been given a FedEx email address.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yup. Thought about it and am keeping my eyes open for positions. I was going to head downtown today but something came up. Maybe that position will still be in JCATS tomorrow. That might be a good sign :) Does anyone know if I can access JCATS from the internet rather than from the corpnet? Sure would make things easier. It's amazing how technologically dysfunctional this company is. Heck, we don't even get an email address!

One big problem is that I'm literally low-man on the totem pole for seniority. Makes it hard to pick-up any hours especially when the guys I got hired with want to work too (we were all hired within a few weeks of each other. I was last)

Positions are in JCATS until Friday....midnight, I believe.

Purplepackage

Not usually. During the week I'm stuck doing splits where I load a trailer at a corporate customer site that then gets pulled by an RTD to go directly to the ramp. By the time I get back the sort is wrapping up. But it also means they save two hours a day pay because the load I work only needs four hours of my time per day than the six they hired me for. Hence, me only getting 20hrs a week.

Sounds like your getting the shaft, it seems like they over hired in the anticipation that people wouldn't stay

whenIgetthere

Low men on the totem pole here (I..e. newbie PT) get more hours than FT couriers, every week. That would explain all the SFA score for our managers in the 50's and 60's this year!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Low men on the totem pole here (I..e. newbie PT) get more hours than FT couriers, every week. That would explain all the SFA score for our managers in the 50's and 60's this year!

At my station SFA scores were higher than they've been in a few years, because of all the new hires and non-American born hires.

overflowed

At my station SFA scores were higher than they've been in a few years, because of all the new hires and non-American born hires.[/Q
This is what I'm saying. They would have never instructed management to hire people who speak English poorly a year ago. I thought my station was the only one. Guess not.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

We have a United Nations at my station. People from all four corners of the globe and everywhere in between. Some of them I can barely understand.

Yozh69

No, you can't access JCATS via the internet. You should've been given a FedEx email address.
That blows (not being able to access JCATS). As far as I know I don't have an email address. I went online to and changed the contact info on my VCARD and a FedEx address was not listed on the VCARD there for me.

SmithBarney

We have a United Nations at my station. People from all four corners of the globe and everywhere in between. Some of them I can barely understand.
I can't even understand the ones born here...
As for JCATS, if you need and have one nearby to you can sweet talk a kinkos employee to let you use their computer the one at the counter(i've done it a couple times), the customer ones might work for intranet(but not sure) or wander into the local FedEx station(I've done that too)

Yozh69

Sounds like your getting the shaft, it seems like they over hired in the anticipation that people wouldn't stay
Thought about that. I was supposed to get a regular PUP route. However, few folks have transferred in over the past few months and it looks like they are the ones pickup those up. I'll find something eventually. :)

SmithBarney

As far as I know I don't have an email address....
When you logon on to a station computer, and go to home.fedex.com in the upper left is "employee lookup" punch in your employee number it'll tell you your email address if you have one. I believe I had to set mine up somewhere it'll give you options of first name last initial, or some variation. Of course employee#@fedex.com works as well. You can try and login with your regular credentials at web.mail.fedex.com (only works at fedex locations)