Does fedex rotate their routes

whenIgetthere

I had a delivery the week before I went out (surgery) for a lady who had closed her screen printing business and moved it in to her house. She had 11 pkgs---10 for the business and one for her son. They were light (water bottles) and I was able to carry them two at a time. After I had moved the first 4 she came out and asked me if I could take the 10 boxes to another location. Turns out she was having that business affix the logos on to the water bottles and rather than bring them there herself she wanted me to do it for her. I politely informed her that we are directed to deliver them as addressed and that if she had wanted them brought to this location that she should have used bill to/ship to when placing the order.

It is one thing to take care of the customer. It is quite another to be taken advantage of.

If the second address was in my area, I would've have done an indirect delivery and saved her the money. But like you said, it was in an adjacent area, so she would be SOL.

whenIgetthere

And what happens if you happen to lift a package over your weight limit and you hurt yourself?

At FedEx,it would be ruled as a preventable injury cauing you to have to jump through hoops if you had to go off on comp and in some cases, have your comp claim denied and end up you not getting paid till you could come back healthy. But better hope you can come back in 90 days or your route becomes someone else's.

45 days now?

dezguy

Here, once a year management comes around and asks if you want to rotate off your route. 99.5% of the time, no one does but every now and then, either someone gets bored of their route or something has changed on the route, not to their liking and they rotate off.

Like I said, 99.5% management gets a bunch of no's but every once in a while, it does happen.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
No. When a driver leaves, switches routes, etc, you will have a swing driver or someone covering the route until it's filled.
Or if a driver leaves, management dissolves the route making more work for everyone else. Looks good on paper I suppose.

Here, once a year management comes around and asks if you want to rotate off your route. 99.5% of the time, no one does but every now and then, either someone gets bored of their route or something has changed on the route, not to their liking and they rotate off.

Like I said, 99.5% management gets a bunch of no's but every once in a while, it does happen.
We've never been offered that opportunity, but then again, I probably wouldn't anyway.

McFeely

Huge Member
I've switched routes a couple of times in the last 2 years due to couriers moving to other stations, etc. Funny thing was when I bid on a 4-day cover route everybody was envious of my new schedule and having Fridays off. But not a single one of them was interested in learning/running 4 different routes, they'd rather stick with the route they know and bitch that they never get a weekday off.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I've been at about five different stations and I've never heard of that.

Indecisi0n

No, it is pretty awesome being me. Large differences between me and you. I am good at my job and don't leave things where they don't belong and get stolen plus it costs me money and that does not happen. Then again when you are still young over 6' and 235 lbs it is a little easier to move things.

So you don't apply the "ambassador concept"
You sound beary hot.

vantexan

I've switched routes a couple of times in the last 2 years due to couriers moving to other stations, etc. Funny thing was when I bid on a 4-day cover route everybody was envious of my new schedule and having Fridays off. But not a single one of them was interested in learning/running 4 different routes, they'd rather stick with the route they know and bitch that they never get a weekday off.
Was a cover driver 3 times and know very well what you have experienced.

!Retired!

I'm with Operational Needs. I've been in 3 stations in 3 states and have never heard of that.
Or if a driver leaves, management dissolves the route making more work for everyone else. Looks good on paper I suppose.

We've never been offered that opportunity, but then again, I probably wouldn't anyway.
That doesn't answering the OP's question.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'm with Operational Needs. I've been in 3 stations in 3 states and have never heard of that.

That doesn't answer the OP's question.

Sup y'all. she stated that this was Home Delivery, not Express...

So my post a few pages back sorta help.

I'm about to get transferred next month to be staged to cover a new area or maybe they're transferring the route to a new terminal in the near future.

Im jotting down some area knowledge cheat sheet for the next driver, just in case... ie gate codes, maps of some townhome or apt complexes, business that are a PiTA, certain resis with special dr instructions

All i know is that the new terminal will be in close proximity to an Amazon distribution center.... hmm