Does Your Management Team Have Your Cell #?

icu

for who you are !
Ive been known to put some of my sups and CMs #'s on the bathroom wall. Yes as a steward, they all have it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We put the stickers on our IDs. I refuse to put one on a $400 phone.

I put the sticker on the $25 plastic Otterbox that I keep my iphone in.

And yes, my management team does have my personal cellphone number. I also have theirs. Under normal circumstances, communication still takes place thru the DIAD but sometimes it is just quicker and easier to call directly or send text messages via cellphone. Since I also have my supervisor's and center manager's personal cell numbers, there is a level of "equality" in our cell phone relationships as well as a tacit understanding that those numbers will not be abused by either side.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Haven't had a land line since 2003, I don't really see the need to pay for two phone lines. My on file phone number with UPS is my "cell" phone.... doesn't mean I have to answer though.

soberups

Using your personal cell phone to send a text message to your sup is also a convenient way to cover your ass and prove that you notified him of a potential problem.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
My sup's have my # as well as a few driver I routinely work with. Its no big deal and it actually helps out a lot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My mgt team has my personal cell phone number. As others have mentioned, I have also dropped my landline.

The only time this has been an issue is when the OMS clerk gave my number to a customer without my permission.

As Sober mentioned, it is much more efficient to call directly rather than play DIAD/phone tag.

Nimnim

The Nim
As an inside hub worker and not a driver it's far less likely that I'd be contacted, but I've given my number to a few supervisors when they were my immediate so they'd know it was me if I sent them a message about not coming in. I'd still call the office to let them know, but if I liked the sup I'd also send them a message as a heads up in case they're not informed of the call in during their meeting.

I also don't answer the phone if the number isn't it in normally so even if someone tried to call me from UPS I'm unlikely to pickup as I only have a couple office phones in there and there's a ton of phone numbers for my location.

brownrod

I stopped bringing my personal cell phone to UPS. They don't respond to DIAD messages and insist we call them. I've been yelled at, talked to rudely and disrespected by management over my personal phone too many times. I bring a 4g iPad to work and leave my phone at home.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Since I am in Feeders, and all of my management is 60 miles away, they all have mine, and I have theirs. The only time it rings is when there is a problem, and they want me to help them out, and that means more money.

I only call them when I have a problem that I can't solve.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had my landline until last year. Finally got rid of it. I saw no point in paying for both it and cell, and my cell is cheaper.

gingerkat

I agree with you OG, but I have to keep mine for business purposes. I use it for a fax line as well, so I guess I'll pay more in taxes than for actual phone calls made. Thx state & utility taxes, you SUCK! Actually it might be this sh itty state I live in.

Rico

I still have a landline, but my house is in the middle of a dead zone for cell phone reception. I'd dump it otherwise.

soberups

My wife and I have a landline, its part of our cable/internet package. We never answer it when it rings; the number is one that we use when filling out forms and applications so it winds up attracting swarms of robo-callers and telemarketers. The answering message gives out my personal cell phone number, so a real human who needs to reach me and is willing to listen to the recording can get my number while the robocallers and telemarketers just bounce off.