DOK

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Yes it looks broken, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Yes it looks broken

Yes it looks broken New Member

I know my stuff but we have some guys that cant get it word for word.What can they do to you for not knowing it?

2. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Are you in the union? If so, nothing. Maybe they can make you study it, but they will have to pay you for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Back first

Back first Active Member

Nothing. We have been doing the DOK monthly in my center for years and still no one knows it word for word.

4. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Throw you in a dark deep hole for 42 days with no food or water than punch you in the face and throw you down a flight of stairs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Cant do a gosh darn thing lol

6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Wait? How do you get tossed down the stairs if one is in a deep hole?

7. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

When auditors were here several years back, had a feeder driver tell them he didn't need to know that *$#&, and he was sent home til he learned them. As long as you try, then you're ok.

8. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Absolutely nothing. In fact, it's kind of fun to intentionally get answers wrong in practice just to watch them squirm.

9. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

As others have said, nothing. I hope you're not studying that crap at home on your personal time, because that would be working for free.

10. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

He should of told them well if you threaten to take me off the road ill have to get my lawyer involved and we may need to proceed with an harassment lawsuit.

11. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

They can't do nothing but keep giving you a hard time. It's easier to learn the crap and then they will stop bothering you and move on to the next person.

But some people would rather take the hard road and get harassed about it all the time.

12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Not a damn word of it.

13. Yes it looks broken

One young driver was told by the center manager he would get a warning letter for not knowing it. lol

14. Yes it looks broken

One young driver was told by the center manager he would get a warning letter for not knowing it. lol

15. upschuck

I don't know what justification was for it, but was off a couple days, maybe insubordination or something. All they wanted him to do was try to, but he had a hard time memorizing things and knew he couldn't do very well and just said what he said.

16. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

The methods were created for safety. Why would anyone disregard their safety?

17. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Everybody has a different capacity as far as what they can and cant remember. One guy could know the dok word for word and another guy may not be able to remember it hardly at all but could go down the lineup of his favorite team and give ya all their stats perfectly. Everyone is different and it is a form of discrimination and harassment whether people want to admit to it or not.

18. upschuck

It was more attitude, than not knowing the DOK.

19. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

AFTER. The 42 days in the hole is when that happens!

20. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

You want to learn it well enough to keep management off your back. But, you need to make a few mistakes, so your not hand picked for the auditors. I haven't answers the questions for an auditor for 10 years.