Door to door salesmen

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
A 36 yr old man non smoker, average weight, no health problems can get a 20yr 1mil term life policy for around 550.00 a year. They can keep thier 1000.00

Inthegame

A 36 yr old man non smoker, average weight, no health problems can get a 20yr 1mil term life policy for around 550.00 a year. They can keep thier 1000.00
That covers about 1% of Teamsters I know. The point here is the insurance offering that seems to be so distasteful is provided by a 100% Union insurance company, that offers the term policy you describe. If one desires additional coverage the hope is union members would support other union members. Again it is completely voluntary.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
That covers about 1% of Teamsters I know. The point here is the insurance offering that seems to be so distasteful is provided by a 100% Union insurance company, that offers the term policy you describe. If one desires additional coverage the hope is union members would support other union members. Again it is completely voluntary.
If its voluntary then give me the info and allow me to digest it and sign up online if interested. If you want to come to my house then it's no longer voluntary. It becomes the hard sell. Been there.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It was a simple example of how dirt cheap term is. As for supporting another union company, I do that by shopping at Kroger vs Target,Publix,Walmart. If Kroger gave substandard service and the shopping experiance was horrible, union or not, I'll find somewhere else to shop. If these insurance salesmen are the same way they'd get the same treatment.

rod

Retired 22 years

Why would you want your wife's next husband to be filthy rich just because you died?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If its voluntary then give me the info and allow me to digest it and sign up online if interested. If you want to come to my house then it's no longer voluntary. It becomes the hard sell. Been there.

When I purchased my Combined policy 20+ years ago they would come by the house every 6 months or so to collect the premiums and try to "upsell". Thank goodness they have joined the rest of us in the 21st century and are now completely online.

Inthegame

If they came to your house it is because you consented to a visit by signing and return mailing the designation of beneficiary card, which clearly stated a rep will visit you. The letter I received also had a phone number listed to obtain more information to digest if desired.
I've been there too...

gingerkat

That's a little high…

If you are young and really looking for a good policy, buy whole life. Yes expensive but it's yours forever (keep paying), price never goes up, cash value and at 100 you get it all back. Maybe even think about buying a policy for your children when they're born.

laffter

I take those mailers, stuff everything, including the outside envelope, in to the return, postage paid envelope, and send it back to the company. I didn't join the union to get this crap in the mail.

^ +1

I do that with all unsolicited mail that comes with a postage-paid return envelope.

gingerkat

Yes, but that would mean I have to open my mail - lol.

Would someone please come open my mail for me? One day I'll take a picture of my "crap" pile and you guys would be shocked!

HomeDelivery

haha, i do that too! but i cut out my address & any barcode or reference # pointing it back to my zip code area

give usps some work stability when your flag on the mailbox is up almost daily!:balloon:

gingerkat

Flag? I live in the city and have a mail slot. Plus you don't piss off the guy that knows exactly what you're getting in the mail.:wink-very:

Like I said before, I offer the mailman, fed ex, UPS all those delivery people water and snacks when they come by and I'm around.

oldngray

nowhere special
Flag? I live in the city and have a mail slot. Plus you don't piss off the guy that knows exactly what you're getting in the mail.:wink-very:

Like I said before, I offer the mailman, fed ex, UPS all those delivery people water and snacks when they come by and I'm around.

I had customers who would leave coolers with drinks in them by their door for delivery people in the summer. It was greatly appreciated.

gingerkat

The summer here in California is terrible! I don't drink regular soda, but some of guys do, so I always keep coca cola & sprite here for them too.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If I knew how to post pictures on here I would be dangerous. I can manage irrelevant Youtube videos but thats about it

I was curious to see it.

The only thing I get.... maybe twice a year.... is the offer for a "Teamster" credit card.

Pre-approved.

But, I do like upstates suggestion.

I feel so left out. :dissapointed:

-Bug-