Transpo consultant thinks Teamsters won't strike.....

giphy (1) (2).gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Huh, with all respect......you, an employee(assuming) would have more inside knowledge about Company finances, logistics, I.E., and FDX's and Amazon's? Fascinating.

And say, where did you get this training and inside knowledge? Serious question. I would think maybe a Division Level Mgr and up and probably a District Mgr. really would have such information. I was told by a Mgr. that District Mgr's are considered "Executives" at UPS.

I'm curious, why does/did UPS hire a "business" consultant anyway? Or FDX for that matter.

So, based on your words, just being at UPS say 40+ years makes you more knowledgeable? Vs. a person with intimate inside knowledge?

I've seen many leaps of logic based on "profits" leading to "what we should get" etc.....

I've seen many elected Presidents at the local level clearly out of their depth.....in control of careers and lot's of money.......based on sometimes skin color.....

Try to get “The Big Picture”…

“ you as an (employee)”
explains a lot, you are a Union member and have been for over 40 years. Where did you that mindset ?

Look at the qualifications of our current executive staff … Any of they attend MIT, Yale or Harvard?

I am not a numbers guy…nor claim to be interested in becoming one. Each of us are gifted in other areas…just having common sense is the big one. Look at the profit margins and stock returns over the last 30 years, this Company has the money to provide a decent retirement and cover everybody’s wages, even the part timers. Are you going to question that statement?

qdg2

Try to get “The Big Picture”…

“ you as an (employee)” explains a lot, you are a Union member and have been for over 40 years. Where did you that mindset ?

Look at the qualifications of our current executive staff … Any of they attend MIT, Yale or Harvard?

I am not a numbers guy…nor claim to be interested in becoming one. Each of us are gifted in other areas…just having common sense is the big one. Look at the profit margins and stock returns over the last 30 years, this Company has the money to provide a decent retirement and cover everybody’s wages, even the part timers. Are you going to question that statement?
Well, interesting statement....true.

I don't pretend to know UPS's inner finances and strategy.

But, I don't make the mistake of looking at a couple of factors and declaring what you've said. A good example would be General Motors.

And, retirements? Only a bailout makes that true.

I made it to retirement by working hard and having common sense.....debatable I know.

And Big pictures? Maybe try looking beyond "profits".....

And over 30 years Amazon wasn't in the picture......now.....tell me about big pictures.

Just looking at profits could make one rather obtuse.....with all respect.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
All my new buddies I made at UPS. @Swanson being one of them. My life has changed significantly for the better since I accepted God into my life and set goals. I know I’ll make it when I don the browns. Constant renewing of the mind and all that.
all good little homie.trying to put u up on game from my past mistakes and have fun at the same time enjoy the moment!!

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
nothing that anyone says publicly matters very much. 3rd parties you just can't tell what their motivations are, you don't know who is paying them, or how much stock of what company they own, or whether they're shorting or not. anyone directly involved, whatever they're saying could be a bluff or posturing, or just trying to reassure their side. there's a decent chance that the company is only going to be comfortable giving in at the last possible minute so anything said publicly before that is almost certainly baloney. Talk is cheap.

100%

Well, interesting statement....true.

I don't pretend to know UPS's inner finances and strategy.

But, I don't make the mistake of looking at a couple of factors and declaring what you've said. A good example would be General Motors.

And, retirements? Only a bailout makes that true.

I made it to retirement by working hard and having common sense.....debatable I know.

And Big pictures? Maybe try looking beyond "profits".....

And over 30 years Amazon wasn't in the picture......now.....tell me about big pictures.

Just looking at profits could make one rather obtuse.....with all respect.
Amazon is a modern day slave machine.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
nothing that anyone says publicly matters very much. 3rd parties you just can't tell what their motivations are, you don't know who is paying them, or how much stock of what company they own, or whether they're shorting or not. anyone directly involved, whatever they're saying could be a bluff or posturing, or just trying to reassure their side. there's a decent chance that the company is only going to be comfortable giving in at the last possible minute so anything said publicly before that is almost certainly baloney. Talk is cheap.

Think of the "free publicity" (for both sides)... :thumbsup:

Fedex
and Amazon employees..stay positive.... after the dust is settled (O'Brien will be coming for you)..with UPS's Blessing....:grouphugg:... @bacha29 .... :people_crybaby:

Non liberal

Why? Most have it pretty good(six or near figures)...especially "legacy" folks and full-timers in general. Wouldn't want to upset that.....that's his theory anyway. He did talk about excessive overtime and generally the issues talked about here. Like bidding and transfers and such.

BTW, this guy has worked for UPS and Fed-Ex as a consultant. He did say Fed-Ex has been crappy profit-wise. And didn't think they(FDX) could handle any of the extra volume from a strike. He also said anything more than a week would be catastrophic to the industry and the economy in general.......he used the word "catastrophic several times. He did say that generally FDX hasn't stolen away volume with scare tactics...generally. '97 was talked about some.

He did say that UPS is basically twice as big as it was in '97 and has been super profitable for several years....only crappy lately.

He did say Tome' is an excellent CEO and that will get the negotiations through without a strike.....his words.
I wonder what exactly makes her an excellent ceo

anonymous23456