DRA and Late Freight

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The MEM thunderstorms and resultant VERY late freight yesterday underscores the idiocy and inflexibility of DRA. Because there is no provision for variables, DRA simply behaves as if everything is completely normal...when it isn't. One would think that there would be an ability to circumvent DRA when certain events dictate it.

!Retired!

The managers could have gone into the system and changed the 'leave building' time. But, that would require effort and thought.

Nolimitz

The MEM thunderstorms and resultant VERY late freight yesterday underscores the idiocy and inflexibility of DRA. Because there is no provision for variables, DRA simply behaves as if everything is completely normal...when it isn't. One would think that there would be an ability to circumvent DRA when certain events dictate it.

We were not informed of a natl. service disruption yesterday until 10:15... Also we a now being told that DRA is a just another drivers tool....

hypo hanna

I heard we put a handler on a route yesterday. Only one who knew anything about operating the power pad. Doubt he had and driver training. Imagine the finger pointing if he had caused a serious accident.

whenIgetthere

We were not informed of a natl. service disruption yesterday until 10:15... Also we a now being told that DRA is a just another drivers tool....

National Service Disruption, that's news to me. We didn't leave station till almost 1030 Wednesday, and were told to deliver P1 first, run three cycles if need be, and were told no disruption, P1 or SOS.

Myort

National Service Disruption, that's news to me. We didn't leave station till almost 1030 Wednesday, and were told to deliver P1 first, run three cycles if need be, and were told no disruption, P1 or SOS.

We weren't told either. We were told to run P1 service until done with P1. I figure I get more hours running by service on a service disruption day, so I do as I am told.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We weren't told either. We were told to run P1 service until done with P1. I figure I get more hours running by service on a service disruption day, so I do as I am told.

Lying regarding a National Service Disruption is common. That way, management thinks you'll maintain some sort of adherence to service levels rather than straightline, which is the only logical thing to do when freight is really late. This is another indicator of cluelessness and prevarication, but as always, just WAD, and then let THEM figure it out when you RTB with 40 DEX01's.

Maui

Changing LBT would just create more routes than people to cover them. When setting up the sort they should have just run it as SRA and kept static boundaries.

I HATE it when there is a disruption and everyone is advised NOT to straightline. OK--I'll waste 20 minutes to come back to the other side of the route 3 hours from now to deliver this one package next door to 4 other stops in the area when I started 1.5 hours late.

Guapo

DRA scanners are used where I'm at but were not running routes by DRA for last 3 weeks. We were also told to finish p1 by 1130,national disruption all week. Like I said in another thread tons of lates all week/angry customers/lack of efficiency/ blah blah the list goes on

fedupped

We finally straight lined on Fri. After 3 days of 945 LBT. Sr mgr also gave us the "dra needs work so jump out of it when its not being efficient" speech. WOW, total catch-22 going on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ours was so bad yesterday that we had managers waiting at the gate jacking trucks for the couriers sitting there with no truck. It was flipping awesome.

Just sit back and enjoy the circus. I think it's awesome too. Every day, they invent a new trick that's even more stupid than before...and that's hard to accomplish. So please, give the morons credit where it's due. Remember the Continuous Improvement Process? This is the Stupidity Enhancement Program, and they are really good at being dumb.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Imagine when more of the workforce is PT, they'll be going crazy on a day like yesterday trying to get trucks to PM starters. And all this to save OT hours?

Sounds highly effective, doesn't it? I'd love to see what they are really spending (read losing) on DRA. If they drop it, which seems unlikely, they will have lost a ton of money, and then they'll have to go back to the drawing board. If they keep it, they lose even more. Either way, it's a big win in terms of entertainment value. Sort of like watching Somalia and North Korea put their heads together trying to develop a space program. No matter what, the mission will fail, but it's fun to speculate whether it explodes on the launch pad, gets 150 feet in the air before failure, or turns back and crashes into the Control Room, killing the entire development team.

Doc Sorting Dude

We left close to 0840 twice last week. The hell with DRA at that point. You are just concerned about finishing dels before pups start. Straightlining is the only option for me, I'm certainly not going to double back to a stop I'm passing along the way. Resi P1's have last priority.