Do I have to take freight from another route?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Talking in the now,, didn't you retire?
He did.
We're done with him on the UPS side of the forum. He can pretend to be an expert Fedexer for the next while.

Just nurse him along, and tell him he's right 5 times an hour, and everything should work out just fine.

newgirl

What does the stop count sheet say you are supposed to take out? If you're at that number, tell your manager I'm at stop count.

It's not up to you to do the managers job. Managers are 4 pay grades higher than you. They can earn their money and figure out who is doing overflow.
In our station there aren't stop count sheets, just DRA which varies day to day route to route. There are so many ACOs and zeros that routes end up with a lot more than was on the sheet.

dezguy

In our station there aren't stop count sheets, just DRA which varies day to day route to route. There are so many ACOs and zeros that routes end up with a lot more than was on the sheet.
Bull:censored2:.
Regardless, there should be a stop threshold. They can't just arbitrarily decide how many stops you're to do, day to day.

newgirl

Bull:censored2:.
Regardless, there should be a stop threshold. They can't just arbitrarily decide how many stops you're to do, day to day.
Do you have DRA in Canada? I have 3 FT routes in my loop. DRA builds them based on p1 count/SPH and on road hours. Today, top route had 20p1 53 p2, RTB 1500.I am in middle with 26 p-1 and 65 p-2 RTB 1507. Bottom route 11 p-1, 92 p-2 rtb 1607 (later start) DRA created a p-1 route in our area with 6 p1 on it. Bottom guy had to take it because he only had 11. Some days the bottom guy gets no p1. If DRA created a p-1 route in another loop he gets to take that, and that happens a lot. I am guessing this is what the OP is referring to, just some rinky dink p1 that DRA had a mind fart about so creates a 6 stop p-1 that needs to be absorbed, not a full blown 28 stop real route.

dezguy

Do you have DRA in Canada? I have 3 FT routes in my loop. DRA builds them based on p1 count/SPH and on road hours. Today, top route had 20p1 53 p2, RTB 1500.I am in middle with 26 p-1 and 65 p-2 RTB 1507. Bottom route 11 p-1, 92 p-2 rtb 1607 (later start) DRA created a p-1 route in our area with 6 p1 on it. Bottom guy had to take it because he only had 11. Some days the bottom guy gets no p1. If DRA created a p-1 route in another loop he gets to take that, and that happens a lot. I am guessing this is what the OP is referring to, just some rinky dink p1 that DRA had a mind fart about so creates a 6 stop p-1 that needs to be absorbed, not a full blown 28 stop real route.
They can't figure out how to implement it at the station I'm at now and I'm not sure they will be able to.

Used to be, guys would just take out wherever came to them, within reason. Then corporate got on this whole stop count sheet kick so everyone did what they asked and loaded to their stop count.

If they turned around and made it so no one knew what they were going out with,.one day to the next, I'm pretty sure the entire station would revolt.

newgirl

They can't figure out how to implement it at the station I'm at now and I'm not sure they will be able to.

Used to be, guys would just take out wherever came to them, within reason. Then corporate got on this whole stop count sheet kick so everyone did what they asked and loaded to their stop count.

If they turned around and made it so no one knew what they were going out with,.one day to the next, I'm pretty sure the entire station would revolt.
We are a pretty complacent bunch in our station, a few revolts here and there but they are quickly quieted with decision days LOL

Nolimitz

What does the stop count sheet say you are supposed to take out? If you're at that number, tell your manager I'm at stop count.

It's not up to you to do the managers job. Managers are 4 pay grades higher than you. They can earn their money and figure out who is doing overflow.
and they still don't do s__T

CatMan

That's what I figured. He didn't say if we had to make service or not, but I assumed he wouldn't have even asked me to do something like that had there been service
That happened to me the other day. I was told to take 20 P1 over plan due to lack of overflow, So I calmly took the 20 lates. I remember the day when managers would take out a full P1 route to avoid the lates. Not no more. So just pluck out your next days ,roll them under the belt, and drop off your outbound with a neighboring route to finish your deliveries, if need be , and take the OT!..You won't be disciplined for lates but you will for failure to follow management directive.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That happened to me the other day. I was told to take 20 P1 over plan due to lack of overflow, So I calmly took the 20 lates. I remember the day when managers would take out a full P1 route to avoid the lates. Not no more. So just pluck out your next days ,roll them under the belt, and drop off your outbound with a neighboring route to finish your deliveries, if need be , and take the OT!..You won't be disciplined for lates but you will for failure to follow management directive.
‘Ya see service use to matter. The only time it does now is when it’s the district’s flavor of the week and they need something to bitch about.

CatMan

‘Ya see service use to matter. The only time it does now is when it’s the district’s flavor of the week and they need something to bitch about.
Yo, and the funniest part is that we get this lame ass message to "send in your late count".. like they really give a crap !