Do I have to take freight from another route?

SmithBarney

Take it all, notify management you'll have lates and possible 01 before you leave. Tell them you'll do your best. After your lates and 01s they'll be sore from the reaming they get on the phone, rinse and repeat as needed until they fix the situation.

Serf

When all this is over and the world returns to somewhat normal; we can go back to worrying about ground taking all our P2 & ES resi. Only then will we be glad to accept stops from the next town over.

CatMan

When all this is over and the world returns to somewhat normal; we can go back to worrying about ground taking all our P2 & ES resi. Only then will we be glad to accept stops from the next town over.
Our senior manager told us that it's only going to be rural type stops. If that's the case then stations in metropolitan areas shouldn't loose much volume, so we'll see.

McFeely

Huge Member
From the stops I know my Ground guy has that are Express boxes, it isn’t just rural stops. These are standard resi stops in a suburban area. This area is typically 20 sph for me.

CatMan

We have canceled our money back guarantee. Now we can have a butt load of lates , no worries right? I'm embarrassed at how we have used this virus as an excuse to do a crappy job on service. Oh wait a minute, management hasn't cared about service like it used to for some time now. It's really sad to see the decline of our once great company.

CatMan

That's kind of what Ive been afraid of, they'll continue to phase in those stops to ground and build more ground routes slowly. Express has a reputation of having small packages, and it's true to some extent so that'll be good for Ground. But , Ground needs to be paid better man .Period.

dezguy

We have canceled our money back guarantee. Now we can have a butt load of lates , no worries right? I'm embarrassed at how we have used this virus as an excuse to do a crappy job on service. Oh wait a minute, management hasn't cared about service like it used to for some time now. It's really sad to see the decline of our once great company.
Who is we? I know I don't make any business related decisions.

AB831

What did the company used to be like? I came in 2016 and have never really felt like I fit into the culture here, and I don’t really see what’s so great about any part of the organization. What did it used to be like? The older drivers seem to be split 50/50. Half of them rant and rave about how much it’s changed and the other half defend every decision FedEx makes like it’s their mother’s honor.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Welcome to "Walmart On Wheels."

Serf

Our senior manager told us that it's only going to be rural type stops. If that's the case then stations in metropolitan areas shouldn't loose much volume, so we'll see.
Who knows. But if you’re doing a regular day route, take a look at your 2 & 3 day residential deliveries. Some routes obviously will be impacted greater. Some not as much.

AB831

Who knows. But if you’re doing a regular day route, take a look at your 2 & 3 day residential deliveries. Some routes obviously will be impacted greater. Some not as much.
Since this virus started, I've had more 2 to 3 day residential deliveries than I've ever seen. I'm right on the Washington DC/Maryland border though, so it's possible that they haven't integrated any of our stuff with Ground yet because of how high volume the area is.

SmithBarney

Haha... not true at all, I pickup from a shipper that ships a ton of 2day, maybe not a full ton... about 1/2 of these are destined to the Ground final mile product. Not at all rural, a good mix, but a ground person can correct me there is a ground terminal in NY LBT? something like that. BTW the poor Transit Connect did not like this situation, I was the third and final vehicle picking up at the location today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200420_181951837_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200420_181951837_HDR.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 155