Dreams- nightmares?

P

pickup

the feeder dream I have is where I hooked up to a trailer and it turns out that the trailer is the wrong number and I already went about 100 miles down the road. I wake up in a sweat and for the next minute or so while I am awake , I am trying to figure out how to explain this . Then it gradually dawns on me that I couldn't have hooked up to a trailer at all because I was in bed. ugggh, good tread!

Tony31yrs

When I was working, I would have nightmares about a split route during peak that was jammed into a package car. I would keep finding splits that I already delivered.
Now that I'm retired, I very seldom have any, but if I do they are usually similar except towards the end, I realize that I am retired and can just quit and bring everything back.

satellitedriver

The only dreams I have about UPS anymore are about being retired and wearing a button down collar denim shirt and everyone I see asks me something about UPS. I usually get really mad.
Buttoned down collar, on a denim shirt?
Kinda gettin' high minded and cityfied, for a West Texas boy.:happy2:

satellitedriver

Two dreams.
One,
the never emptying pkg car.
Two,
no boxes on the shelves, only the products balanced and stacked neatly,
I am afraid of them falling over as I drive down bumpy back roads.
When I awake, I have a weird feeling of guilt.
One second later, I am over that feeling.
Time for coffee and ground pounding.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I dreamt I was ******************in the back of my truck :happy-very:

Man,,,UK guy, you got issues we don't even want to know. I think UPS is better off now that you're not an employee, you sound like an a-hole even when you were a co-worker. Please don't post in a few months that you got re-instated and now working back in the U.S., now THAT would qualify as a nightmare!

Last edited by a moderator:

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Man,,,UK guy, you got issues we don't even want to know. I think UPS is better off now that you're not an employee, you sound like an a-hole even when you were a co-worker. Please don't post in a few months that you got re-instated and now working back in the U.S., now THAT would qualify as a nightmare!

What happened to having a sense of humor around here ?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Before I started working at my center I had dreamt that I worked there. It was the same building and set-up. I don't know where it came from, as I'd never been to the UPS center before. Anyways, I dreamt that I worked there, the only difference was, I was a supervisor.:dissapointed:

Haven't really had any dreams since I started, none about UPS, anyways.

P

pickup

Before I started working at my center I had dreamt that I worked there. It was the same building and set-up. I don't know where it came from, as I'd never been to the UPS center before. Anyways, I dreamt that I worked there, the only difference was, I was a supervisor.:dissapointed:

Haven't really had any dreams since I started, none about UPS, anyways.

unless you count dreaming of the next 5 "where , oh , where is my diad?" picture setups?:happy2:

QKRSTKR

Man we are a sad bunch.

Usually it's I can't get done, or I find 20 more stops when I get back to the building.

One peak I did find like 5 stops I thought I had delivered but didn't cause i had 2 diads, one was a helper diad, so i went thru my board and put not fnd. I get back and I see em down on the wheel well. I couldn't believe it. I put the seat belt back on and away I went, left building at 7:50pm. Funny thing is I come in next day, no one in mgmt even realized it, and it made my numbers better. Great system we have.

over9five

Staff member
One peak I did find like 5 stops I thought I had delivered but didn't cause i had 2 diads, one was a helper diad, so i went thru my board and put not fnd. I get back and I see em down on the wheel well. I couldn't believe it. I put the seat belt back on and away I went, left building at 7:50pm. Funny thing is I come in next day, no one in mgmt even realized it, and it made my numbers better. Great system we have.

Nice job doing the right thing! It would have been an agonizing decision for me!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Man we are a sad bunch.

Usually it's I can't get done, or I find 20 more stops when I get back to the building.

Im sure if this was a one time occurance your management team would have had you sheet them missed during peak rather than send you back out. We do not guarantee our service during peak, but kudos to you for servicing the customer.

MD Dan

Had one of those days that you work 110% all day-- massive delivery to business (P1200 full with lots of irregs) many residential stops w/ plenty of apartments. Heavy pick ups (refilled P1200) and had to unload many airs on return to building. Finally got done with this hellish day and got in my car to drive out of parking lot but there was a funny buzzing noise coming from the dashboard... My alarm clock was going off Monday morning.

Hedley_Lamarr

I did a search and discovered it has been awhile since there has been a dissusion on UPS dreams (nightmares) that you have. Even after being retired for 7+ years I still have the old "can't get done delivering" nightmare once in awhile. I'm sure it is triggered by spending time on the Brown Cafe. In fact a few nights ago in my dream I was hooking up doubles as a feeder driver. Every time I got one hooked up there was another traiiler to add. I never drove feeders but in this dream I was pretty good at it.
I Have a dream that I can't find my DIAD. I wake up and start walking around looking for it...