Driver laid off ... Inside Pay

brownieworker

So I qualified driving... they laid me off for like a month.. I unloaded a couple days a week.. They paid me what I was getting inside part time .. is that right?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I would highly doubt it if anyone is paid ft driver Rate when laid off anywhere

Here after 7 days you could be scheduled to work" your pay drops to what your inside rate would be of you had never gone ft .

Only guaranteed 3.5 per shift but 8 for the day (haven't figure that math out myself yet either)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would highly doubt it if anyone is paid ft driver inside when laid off anywhere

Here after 7 days you could be scheduled to work" your pay drops to what your inside rate would be of you had never gone ft .

Only guaranteed 3.5 per shift but 8 for the day (haven't figure that math out myself yet either)
I made full scale for a couple weeks running preload as a laid off driver.

The next year corporate put an end do that.

Box Ox

So what does make me a driver?

You're a driver any time you punch in as one. You're a qualified driver if you've done your 6 weeks (30 days) and can run air routes any time you're needed. In my region, you don't have to re-do your 30 day qualification if/when you go full time if you did so as a temp driver outside the holiday season. But you don't get driver pay working inside unless you've already won a bid for an open full time slot.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Agreed. There are rumors that our center is about to start hiring drivers off the street, which has never happened here.
Last summer one of our locals centers was told to hire 15 drivers. Only 3 people from inside wanted to do it. They tried to hire 10 off the street. Only 8 people applied I think and three more quit in the first week.

They laid everyone off at the beginning of the year and most of the remainders quit. I think 2-3 guys are still there.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you are still part time, you get paid for the job you work. Drive and get driver pay. Unload trailers and get unloader pay..

barnyard

KTM rider
Agreed. There are rumors that our center is about to start hiring drivers off the street, which has never happened here.

We are putting in a new driver each week for the next 5 weeks. 4 from inside and 1 outside hire. I am on jury duty during peak and my boss thinks they will have it covered.