Driver parking in marked handicapped spot

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hourly

Teamster

Do the right thing & park/stop it elsewhere; you're protected from being harrased by management!

Reserve it for FXG, who must rush to maintain their sporh to compete with Amazon hourly rate
AD4FAE23-BDF4-4432-BB9A-55C2572AE942.gif

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
And while we're on the topic of child support, that system is bull:censored2: too. It's obviously bull:censored2: when it's calculated as a percentage of your income. It's nonsense that a father who makes, say, $250,000 a year while the mother makes little or nothing should have to give a flat percentage of their income, say 17%, to support a child. It sure as hell doesn't cost $42,500 a year to raise a child. That can support an entire family in a low cost of living state. At that point the excess just becomes spousal support.

At this point I'll just go really off topic and stand on a soapbox and argue about how it's illogical bull:censored2: that women can choose not to terminate a pregnancy (which I agree is absolutely "her body, her right"), but also demand child support payments from a father who didn't necessarily want to be father (I know about the argument of "then keep it in your pants", but that applies to both parties anyways. If the mother can't support a child without a father's input, then they should keep it out of their pants). That would be perfectly logical, only if a father DID have some say in whether or not a mother terminated her pregnancy, because the baby IS part of the father's body as well, in the sense that he contributed genetic material to create the child.
There was a man who was charged with MURDER after his girlfriend miscarried because he tricked her into taking Plan B. When she does it though it's a "choice" and he has no say in the matter but is still financially obligated for the next 18 years if she keeps the baby.

Superteeth2478

There was a man who was charged with MURDER after his girlfriend miscarried because he tricked her into taking Plan B. When she does it though it's a "choice" and he has no say in the matter but is still financially obligated for the next 18 years if she keeps the baby.
The legal system is contradictory and irrational in other ways as well. Women are allowed to have an abortion for whatever reason up to the third trimester (at which point most states step in with additional restrictions), but if someone kills a pregnant women they can be tried for double homicide...makes no sense when women are allowed to have an abortion for almost any reason prior to the third trimester. Aren't they committing murder as well? The fetus either is or isn't a human being...

Last edited:

CitizenTruth

I realize this may vary by region, but wondering what UPS rules are for drivers parking in marked handicapped spots while doing deliveries. Where I work, the driver does this everyday. Backs in to the handicapped spot closest to the service door, loads up his cart, and proceeds to do his deliveries in the building.

Part of what bothers me is that he doesn't have to. He can back up to the service door, there are hundreds of unused parking spots in the lot everyday, even close to the entrance. Heck, he could double park next to the main entrance and really not be in the way, but yet he chooses to use a handicapped spot.

I'll admit that I am biased as my spouse is disabled and has a disabled parking placard and we frequently use disabled spots when she is able to get out of the house, and it bothers me when they are being abused, regardless of who is doing it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and call anybody out or put them on blast or get anyone in trouble, but I am so bothered by this. I realize that a driver's job isn't an easy one, but is this something I should attempt to report to UPS or just let it go?

Thanks!!!

View attachment 236990 View attachment 236989
Lol r u serious? You took a picture? Question for you? Did you speak to driver? My guess is no, why are people so quick to rat on others before speaking to them? Cowards? There is even a handicapped spot open next to him!!! Who is he blocking? Has there been a issue where someone couldn't park? My guess again is no, please mind your business and let the guy do his job, also were you on a break when you took those pictures?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There is even a handicapped spot open next to him!!! Who is he blocking?
There is never an excuse to block a handicapped spot. Ever. I never blocked or parked in one when I was a driver. I didn't mind walking 10 more steps to the door. The fact that there was an empty spot next to him is irrelelvant. Who is to say 2 handicapped people might drive up at the same time? My wife and I are both handicapped now. If I see someone abusing a handicapped spot, I'll say something to their face.

wayfair

swollen member
There is never an excuse to block a handicapped spot. Ever. I never blocked or parked in one when I was a driver. I didn't mind walking 10 more steps to the door. The fact that there was an empty spot next to him is irrelelvant. Who is to say 2 handicapped people might drive up at the same time? My wife and I are both handicapped now. If I see someone abusing a handicapped spot, I'll say something to their face.

Hope you're carrying a gun!

margaritaville

Baby boomer generation is so lazy and whiney. Millenials got to work there ass off for a 1 bedroom apartment while lazy disabled baby boomers who bought their 4 bedrom house for 60k come and harass them about handicap spots.