Drivers & School

UPyourS

Is it possible to be a full time driver and attend school? I'm asking because first of all, all my classes can't be online some must be hands on & second of all I know that drivers don't have a set time to be off.

km3

Actually that's probably the way to go. I'll have to check and see what's their latest classes. Thanks.

Maybe look for weekend classes, too? Probably not too likely. The weekend classes my school offers are completely useless as far as my major is concerned. Worth a look though.

MendozaJ

If you're driving now, you should have an idea of how long your average work day is already and where it would conflict with the classes offered.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
The best you could do is one class per quarter/ semester and hope the class time is 8 pm.

Studying, and assignment completion, will be a monumental challenge.

UPyourS

If you're driving now, you should have an idea of how long your average work day is already and where it would conflict with the classes offered.
I'm not driving now, but I will be driving soon. I'm only going to be an Air driver so I'm not going full time yet I just wanted to get an idea before I become full time.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If you were a supervisor and you were taking classes, UPS will accommodate you in getting your degree.
As a driver, it's tough to know if you can get out early enough to fit classes in your schedule and UPS has no interest in helping you either.

If you are planning to use your degree in a career field outside of UPS, going into management would be beneficial to you.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I was never accommodated because of a school schedule.
My FT driver sup has !
He's able to leave early on nights he has classes.
UPS management will always be accommodated if you are earning a degree.

Obviously, you can't take classes when you're suppose to be working.
But leaving early or coming in late because of it, to my knowledge is acceptable.

barnyard

KTM rider
My wife and I did a dance class 1 night a week. It was an 8p start and there were several nights that I met her at the class location and changed out of browns right before the class.

We have talked about doing it again, but both agreed that it sucked racing there to be on time and then not having supper till after class.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My FT driver sup has !
He's able to leave early on nights he has classes.
UPS management will always be accommodated if you are earning a degree.

Obviously, you can't take classes when you're suppose to be working.
But leaving early or coming in late because of it, to my knowledge is acceptable.
I wish it was that way. I had a class that met in the mornings, but the exams were at night because they were so long. They would make me 30-45 minutes late to the sort. I was told to drop the class or take a discretionary day. Thankfully I was able to work with the professor.