Driving packages to airport and back for couple hours

Fedex Guy

Oh man TooTechie. I started on Sept 9th of 2013 so that means I missed the Jan sign up cuz I didn't even know it existed . So this means I have to wait till Jan 2015 to sign the list ? So then what's the seniority list that I had mentioned before that I'm 36 on ? Little confused . Sorry to be a pest.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Make sure HR knows you want to drive for the 2014 holidays or sign the Saturday air list if there is one. You need to be able to get them to send you to intergrad before you can do anything.

Fedex Guy

Congrats on the route Brotha ! Happy for you !! Nice to know hard work does pay off :). Hr and many other loaders tell me that for some reason or another many guys on the list just don't qualify for driving . Either there license is messed up or they just don't wanna drive . I was told to keep my attendance perfect as they check attendance and I'm sure guys with horrific attendance have less of a shot then guys with perfect attendance . . You think this might be accurate ??

Sent using BrownCafe App

No, I'm pretty sure your seniority date is all that matters. I had terrible preload attendance.

Fedex Guy

No I has to pass 2 driving tests for Saturday air and that was it

Sent using BrownCafe App

Weird. I've never heard of that. I would ask HR if you need if you need to do anything else to be eligible to temp during the holidays. Also keep an eye out for a reg temp bid list. They put temps on the road on June 1. The list is already down in my center, but it's worth checking or asking about.

TheKingOfQueens

Weird. I've never heard of that. I would ask HR if you need if you need to do anything else to be eligible to temp during the holidays. Also keep an eye out for a reg temp bid list. They put temps on the road on June 1. The list is already down in my center, but it's worth checking or asking about.

You work for Ups or fedex ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Pride

Yeah...so um I'm thinking 36 guys aren't retiring in any center this year. When I started as a part timer I was told by HR that most people go driving in 1-3 years. I started working and then was told by everyone & their mother that the average was actually 4-6 years. I got the call 3 1/2 years in and that's really fast compared to smaller centers in my state. When I went to driving school there were guys from other centers that had been waiting 9 1/2 years. I also got my own route after only a year and a half of driving which is pretty unusual--granted I hear it's a crappy one ( haven't started it yet).

In my center 20-30 drivers are retiring this year and I have a pretty good chance going full time only been there 7 months. Recently signed the bid sheet 40 spots available waiting on the call hopefully.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TheKingOfQueens

In my center 20-30 drivers are retiring this year and I have a pretty good chance going full time only been there 7 months. Recently signed the bid sheet 40 spots available waiting on the call hopefully.

Where Do I find this bid list to sign ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited by a moderator:

TheKingOfQueens

They post it usually on the board near main entrance/exit. In the hub.

Sent using BrownCafe App

If it's not there do I should I ask HR where I can find it to sign ? I saw the seniority list and I'm 36 on it . Lots of drivers will be retiring mad I should be moving up by a lot

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

Hey upsguy83 slow down lol lol. Every morning or nightdepending on your shift check for bid sheets. I personally use to sign every bid sheet they put up. You can always turn it down. The bid sheets should be posted in a visible easily aaccessible area in the hub. Ask your steward to show you were they are as he will know. If your driving air now then that means you know how to sign the bid sheets. You wouldn't have necessarily gone thru intergrad to run air, guess that depends on the facility. Just be sure and check were the bid sheets are posted on a regular basis. If you don't understand the job being bid ask a steward to explain the job to you. Good luck man and one step at a time.