Drones to help Package Drivers look like Feeder Drivers

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I bet if they tell customers that the trade off will be that they might get there deliveries earlier in the day, they'd be fine with the drone dropping the package 10 feet from the door.

This is the first idea I've heard that makes me slightly nervous. The whole drone idea of the package leaving on the drone from some warehouse somewhere is too far fetched. This is actually realistic. I don't like this one bit
I mean I like the idea of it delivering those few pullers on my rural route but we know it won't be used to shorten our days. Only so we can do more work.

Johney

Do they really think that's going to save time? Jesus in the time it took her to program it,load it,open the roof,take off,wait for it to come back and land.....seriously?

Faceplanted

You guys are so blind. This will cut tons of time on rural routes. Even on my metro route, if I have 5-10 stops that are kind of out of my way with long driveways, this can save a half hour easy

This can easially cut 5-10 routes from a 70 route center

Open your eyes, the new drivers will see this in action before they retire.

Combine this with things like Amazon locker and access points, you start to see a pattern.

Last edited:

Johney

You guys are so blind. This will cut tons of time on rural routes. Even on my metro route, if I have 5-10 stops that are kind of out of my way with long driveways, this can save a half hour easy

This can easially cut 5-10 routes from a 70 route center

Open your eyes, the new drivers will see this in action before they retire.

Combine this with things like Amazon locker and access points, you start to see a pattern.
I sure hope you aren't serious. The only way it could possibly save time is if that thing could carry 10 rural stops and meet the truck at a location by itself. That's if the driver didn't have to program all the stops......and that isn't happening in my lifetime.

oldupsman

It will positively save time in rural areas, especially with those stops with long driveways.
And I gotta admit, it's pretty freakin cool.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I sure hope you aren't serious. The only way it could possibly save time is if that thing could carry 10 rural stops and meet the truck at a location by itself. That's if the driver didn't have to program all the stops......and that isn't happening in my lifetime.
It already meets back up with the truck correct?

Not programming it is simple. Put the needed info on the label on the box and put a scanner on the drone.

Over 70

A nice big low hanging branch ought to take care of that drone problem at 50mph. I can barely get the bulkhead or side door open on half the cars..

Nike

Seriously where does the money come for this crap?
We have a hard time getting basic supplies like tape and uniforms. But all of sudden theres millions for such a program