EFCA

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You guys are both so well spoken, that I feel like an ignorant school child. These are both very good arguments, and the fact that you're not cursing at each other, or worse, makes it all the more eloquent. Thanks for showing diplomacy and knowledge in your postings.:happy2:

PobreCarlos

JimJimmyJames;

You seem to forget that it wasn't all THAT a long time ago that THIS country had the true working class that will willing to "prey on [other[ working classes through the use of cheap labor", etc. itself. Or are you one of those who think that we were the first industrialized country in the world? Or the first one to be diminished by another country with workers who were willing to be more competitive? If so, then I suggest you take a closer look at your history.

As for your "this was working out for America", I'm not sure I see it. Was it "working out" for that short post-war period when the U.S. - by virtue of conquest - was able to walk roughshod over the rest of the world with seven league boots while mortgaging its future to pay for the present? I'd guess that you might be one of those who say that it was. But did you really expect the rest of the world (and its workers) to lie dormant and acquiesce to that form of imperialism forever? Really?

Not denying that it would be nice to keep the jobs at home and all that other good stuff. But I'm here to tell you that screaming and bitching at those who actually PROVIDE the jobs, thus giving them reason to dispense them elsewhere, as opposed to making it attractive for them to keep them on these shores, just isn't going to cut it. You can scream and yell and claim "unfair" all you want...but those jobs are going to seek competitive, APPRECIATIVE labor, WHEREVER it is.

Now, if unions can provide and/or support that labor, more power to them. If they can't, then they - and the [displaced] workers that belong to them - are going to drop by the wayside.

In the end, "fair" (as in "fair days work") is determined by the market; over the long term, there simply is no other method. Of course, if unions want to choose to be one of those entities who would PROVIDE such employment opportunities (i.e. - not cognizant of market realities), then they can go right ahead. But, for some reason, I suspect that they - like the VAST majority of "unionists" I've run into - haven't the slightest capacity to actually PROVIDE jobs.

Beyond that, I think I need to take exception with your claim that [in reference to "protectionism and isolationism") "we haven't practiced neither in the past 60 odd years", do you happen to recall just WHY there are foreign automobile manufacturers on our shores today? Have you forgotten, perhaps, the cries by the unions (particularly the UAW) demanding tariff protection on products manufactured overseas, and requirements that such manufacturing occur "on shore"? Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to hoist you on your own petard on that one. The truth is that a major part of the predicament this country finds itself in is attributable to the fact that it was TOO protectionist and TOO isolationist...and that it coddled way too many minority interests (read "unions" especially here), permitting them to think that it was possible to prosper without real effort.

Agreed, "hardly anybody anymore is in fact in a union". Of course, that's primarily because the unions have virtually destroyed so many domestic industries and/or the employers that hired them. Again, look at textiles. Or steel. Or the automotive industry. Or take the trucking industry...and see just how many Teamster employers (and employees) are left today over a period of time that the industry, as a whole, has waxed tremendously.

Lastly, subsidized wealth is not real "earned" wealth except in the minds of those receiving it; rather, it's represents the wealth that others earned....and had stolen from them. For a long time (under "regulation"), Teamsters were major thieves of such wealth....and the consumers they were robbing it from were the victims. The same can be said of unions in other industries (the UAW in the automotive industry today stands out). And, in truth, in comparison to the rest of the world, the average, non-organized U.S. worker - who's remained competitive on the world stage - has shown himself to STILL be remarkably capable of EARNING "wealth". The trouble, I suspect (at least from the perspective of some), is that he isn't all that willing to share it with those who refuse to make the effort to earn it.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
That America has exploited individuals, both foreign and domestic, throughout history is our great shame. We must find a way to create sustainable wealth that does not exploit someone, or something (as in the environment) simply to fuel our conspicuous consumption culture. I simply find unionism to be the best defense that the average person has against possible exploitation by corporations that have grown so powerful that they are unassailable to the lone individual.

Are unions perfect? No. But it is all a lot of us blue collar workers have to protect ourselves. And, to address the topic of this thread, if that is what white collar workers feel they need too, more power to them.

Steve, thank you for the compliment! It is always fun to converse with others of a different viewpoint, even though realistically one rarely ever changes the opinion of your "opponent". I almost always learn something, even if it is only how to better defend my own arguments. And as to feeling like an ignorant school child, I feel that way when I reflect on how much I truly do not know. And unfortunately that happens to be more, infinitely more, than I care to admit!

PobreCarlos

JimJimmyJames;

I'm trying real hard to visualize corporations (which are the major employers of workers in this country) as "unassailable". Is GM "unassailable"? Is Ford? Is Chrysler? Is YRCW? How about the list of the largest 100 trucking companies - the vast majority of which were "unionized" of a couple of decades back? Or REA? Or the textile firms that once dotted the NE and then the South? Or ("organized") steel companies like U.S. Steel and Bethlehem?

That's just a beginning, of course....as I'm sure you well know, I could go on and on list "unassailable" corporations that supposedly "exploited" workers....while providing the means of MAKING A LIVING for literally MILLIONS of them until the unions (which, according to your view, prevented them from being exploited) actually DID "exploit" the workers in the most reprehensible way; i.e. - took a way their means of making a living.

In short, in case you hadn't noticed, corporations in this country are very, VERY "assailable", and their very existence is quite delicate. And if they don't exist, then the jobs they provide won't exist, either.

Fact is, the job-givers of this nation don't have the power now (let alone "unassailable" power) they need to continue serving the function that they have throughout the major part of this country's history; i.e. - to be the economic driving force that provides JOBS for the country's citizenry. Instead, they've been entangled by short-sighted "unionists" who think that - outside of all logic - there somehow is a "free lunch" available.

Sorry, but there's no such thing as a "free lunch"; somebody has to pay. And I'm afraid that if the "organized" labor in this country isn't inclined to "pay" for it's own (i.e. - EARN it's way via being competitive), then in the long term it's going to go hungry. And, in response to your comment earlier, THAT is the way to create SUSTAINABLE wealth; i.e. - EARN IT! By that I mean that "organized" needs to give corporate employers a POSITIVE reason to WANT to stay in this country instead of taking their jobs overseas to workers who are more appreciative of the opportunity. American unions today are absolutely horrendous when it comes to dealing with that issue; there isn't a corporation out there that truly believes that "union labor" is the most effective and cost efficient labor option...and with good reason!

For the most part, the corporations of this country already ARE competitive (heck, even GM does well overseas!); it's just our domestic "organized" labor that makes them vulnerable (again, look at the steel, automotive, textile, and even aircraft industries). What's more, the nation's UN-organized labor appears to be competitive as well (and, again, that does NOT mean less well paid)

Simply put, corporations are neither inclined, nor can they afford to carry those who don't think they need to competitively earn their way anymore. And, outside of BEING competitive, there isn't a long-term POSITIVE solution in existence that will keep them from reacting to the problem of employing an inefficient workforce by seeking a more efficient one elsewhere.

There is a negative one, however. Like in Argentina of this century, or G.B. of the last, capital can just throw up it's hands and give up; i.e. "capital flight"...and God forgive the entities that drive them to that extreme. (on a personal note, I can see this process going on already. It's the rare investor today - myself included - who isn't hedging his bets by placing at least some of his capital overseas...and thus beyond the reach of the destructive forces of "organized" American labor)

I don't want the U.S. to go down that route....i.e. - I don't want the U.S. to become a 3rd-rate economic power. But I'm afraid that's what it will become if the country's organized labor doesn't realize (and quite soon) that it needs to be COMPETIVE and not just PARASITIC.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Ok, I give up, your right.

I order UPS to rescind all of my benefits and to lower my pay...overtime pay especially needs to be eliminated. I want to be forced to work at least 12 to 14 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week. I want UPS to stop recycling, discontinue it's safety programs, and in general remove any impediment for us to be able to compete with, say the Chinese, let alone good ol' FedEx Ground. I now understand it is the only way. We must go back to the era of the robber barons, we were fools to think it could work any other way.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to purchase the fruits of my or just about anyone elses labor except for the most basic needs of my survival. I just hope the elites have enough scratch to keep the economy going. Maybe a modern day titan of industry will help my town out by purchasing half of it so they can bring back the concept of the company store.

"Sixteen tons, and what do you get...."

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ok, I give up, your right.

I order UPS to rescind all of my benefits and to lower my pay...overtime pay especially needs to be eliminated. I want to be forced to work at least 12 to 14 hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week. I want UPS to stop recycling, discontinue it's safety programs, and in general remove any impediment for us to be able to compete with, say the Chinese, let alone good ol' FedEx Ground. I now understand it is the only way. We must go back to the era of the robber barons, we were fools to think it could work any other way.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to purchase the fruits of my or just about anyone elses labor except for the most basic needs of my survival. I just hope the elites have enough scratch to keep the economy going. Maybe a modern day titan of industry will help my town out by purchasing half of it so they can bring back the concept of the company store.

"Sixteen tons, and what do you get...."

Agreed. I think some people forget that it was an environment of unfettered, unregulated capitalism in which the "job-givers" made all the rules that led to the workplace conditions that made people go to the trouble (and it was a lot of trouble, unions did not have an easy start in this country and were violently opposed by both the rich corporations and the federal government) of unionizing in the first place.
I get the feeling that someone's been reading Ayn Rand :wink2:.

PobreCarlos

Jim & Jones;

Sorry guys, but I don't see the connection....nor do I think that hyperbole is ever going to provide me with any better look. By that I mean, of course, that I don't recall anyway asking you to have UPS "rescind all of [your] benefits and to lower [your] pay...overtime pay especially needs to be eliminated", do you? In fact, in my comments wasn't there a specific "UPS" exclusion? Beyond that, do you recall the comments about working more COMPETIVELY, rather than for [automatically] less compensation? Or did I just spit in the wind when I spoke in that direction?

Furthermore, are either one of you under the assumption that UNIONS gave you the "benefits", "pay", and other stuff mentioned? Did the unions do right by their textile industry members? Or their steel industry brothers? What about domestic automotive...guess that's a thriving area with jobs more than abundant for members offspring, right? Or take the Teamsters own LTL trucking....after all, what's the big deal with losing NINE OUT OF TEN of their members' jobs? Gosh, haven't unions been valuable for their American members....or at least those that - before they had their jobs frittered away - WERE members!

In that line, people seem to forget that more Teamster members had jobs BEFORE Jimmy Sr. took office decades ago than have jobs today...and that most of them were in the transportation industry, and not "bedknobs and broomstick" server types of jobs that the union primarily has "organized" today. And that says nothing, of course, of the UPS growth over the period...growth which today is pretty much is the sole salvation of the Teamsters union.

Lastly [and here it gets back to potentially a lack of "reading" again], you seem to be presupposing that it's only "you" [read "the American worker"] who can buy things as a result of their labor? Didn't you read the factoid I presented that, in 2008 (for the first time, BTW) the USA was *NOT* the largest automobile market (in terms of units sold), but rather that CHINA was? You see, corporations, companies - heck, individual owners - don't really care "who" a legitimate buyer is, as long there *is* one. And, obviously, over the long haul, the "buyers" are going to be those that work the most efficiently and competitively to earn the wherewithal to buy things. There's no law - particularly any natural law - that says it has to be the "workers" in the U.S. If the efficient labor is found elsewhere, then it won't be long before the consumer market follows...as sure as day follows night.

Not particularly enthralled with that imperative myself...but I'm realistic enough to understand that no amount of cynicism and/or denial of reality it going to change it.

But "heh", if that's the path you choose to go, then so be it. I'm just suggesting that you ought to be prepared to join the long line of previous followers who found themselves on the short end of the stick.

"Sixteen tons, and what do you get?" Well, one might remember that the next line - as depressing as it might sound - is "another day older and deeper in debt".....the point being that, without that "16 tons", there *ISN'T* another day, and there *AREN'T* wages to support that "debt". Remember, no one FORCED that miner to "load that coal"; rather, he did it of his own free will. If he thought he had the capacity and personal resources to do it HIS way, instead of the company's, there wasn't anything stopping him....except, again, what might be his personal lackings. (in that light, one might recall what the advent of "unionization" did to the coal industry and the thousands upon thousands of jobs it once provided. Haven't read "Atlas Shrugged" recently...but I do recall the ultimate point of "Night Comes To The Cumberlands")

It's easy to 'cuss and discuss the job givers. However, it's a sight more difficult to find a replacement for them....especially those who count of them for the very economic existence of they and their families. Given that, it just doesn't make a sense to me that so-called "organized labor" seems bound and determined to chase them away. What is it, I wonder, that they propose to replace them with?

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
American companies moved their production from the U.S. to foreign nations because labor was radically cheaper, enviromental laws are either non-existent or very relaxed, and safety regulations are, compared to first world standards, a joke. If you expect U.S. workers to accept those conditions than we are indeed doomed.

As for hyberbole, you may live in the rarefied atmosphere that George Will seems to enjoy, but here in the real world these are personal issues that generate emotional responses. I suggest you peruse a little Patrick Buchanan. You can start here:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=88467

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Jimmy and Poor Charlie, or is that Charlie Poor?:wink2:

I'd be afraid to get into a debate with you guys, though, from what I've been reading, I believe you guys are on absolute opposite ends of the story. Not saying you're wrong, just saying that there is a happy medium here. If, and I say IF, being the major issue holding us back. If we were to go 50% in the opposite direction, I believe we'd have a good solution. I mean, I think both of you have valid points. Those points, if taken, and overlapped, may actually be the solution. Whaddaya think?

Loco170Brownie

OK I am inclined to dip my toe into this pool also.

I keep seeing the point of the US auto industry and its ongoing problems. At what point and to what level do the CEO's and management take some blame? Back when all was booming who twisted arms and agreed to that "Job bank" idea (IF you read the details on this even a hard core Union guy will shake their heads). Didn't both sides sign that contract? Did the union employees design the cars and SUVs that are not selling? Did they pick what cars they would make? The Leaders of the US Auto industry lead them to where they are, Joe assembly line just wne to work and put the wheels on the truck. Where the Union leaders asking for too much in the long run? It sure looks like that now, but it didn't to the CEOs or others at the time. As things have fallen apart the union is doing all it can to work with the Co to keep things running and keep people working, maybe too little too late, we shall see.

But blame is to be shared in that case, I donnt think comparing US Auto Co s to Chinas Auto makers makes any sense. Clearly, as said in one of the last posts, you wouldn't find the millions of workers to slave away at the plant for little money and few benifits as you will in China. Thats beyond anyones control here and nothing will ar could be done about that.

I do find it strange that no one has mentioned the strong Unions that run Europe. What is the Dollar to Euro exchange rate?

Lets bring it back a little closer to home. How do you outsource UPS front line jobs? Drivers, loaders, and sorters?

I am guessing PobreCarlos is a sup somewhere (Just by the overall anti Union to the extreme). Can you tell me as a reasonable person you feel more union people are at thier jobs because they think they will get a "free lunch"? I note how no one wants Union guys to say every Sup is a slave driving money hungry beast trying to push as much work from me as they can get to pump up their bonus check at the end of the quarter. Why? Because even if some Sups are that way, all of them aren't and as reasonable people we understand that and work around it.

I for one still dont really see how this PT Sup Union thing would work. It was said there is one in CA right now, andyone have more info on that?

At the risk of annoying even more folks, I would say I am against it (As I stand right now with no info on the in and outs of it). I find most that go the route of PT sup plan on only being there for a couple years and think it will look good on their resume, hope to wait it out to be full time (Not a good plan right now as I see it), or just haven't been at UPS long enough to understand what they are getting into. None of those reasons are enough for me to think they need a union.

Just my take....battle on :dissapointed:

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I just want to state that I am not angry at all with PobreCarlos, I am just passionate about my position :happy2:. But as you stated Steve, we are coming at this from complete opposite ends and I feel the chances of us really being able to see eye to eye are probably nil. Nevertheless, it was fun debating for a bit. I think your right in that the truth might be somewhere between the extremes of our positions but I feel I need to be on the extreme pro-union side given the condition US labor finds itself in and the overwhelming power corporate America has on us. Pendulums swing both ways and right now it is definitely not in the direction of the common man.

I want to state that I am not against trade. I believe trade with countries that provide the same labor rights as we do, combined with respect for the environment and concern for their workers safety should be allowed to trade with America with a minimum, if any, trade barriers. Most first world countries meet this criteria. Unfortunately, many of them say they want free trade, but than go ahead and create various financial schemes that favor their domestic industries to the detriment of ours. But neverthesless we go ahead and swing our doors wide open to their wares. Doesn't make a bit of sense but when it comes to our present government, what does?

The American worker is historically, right down to the present day, one of the most productive and industrious workers in the world. And when we decided that these workers should enjoy the fruits of their labor to an extent the world had never seen before, we created the most prosperous nation on earth. We must fight to retain this against those who would sell us out so they can make a few extra bucks.

As for part time supervisors unionizing, there are companies that do have unionized supervison. The position of foreman comes to mind in the construction business. Let us remember too, UPS part time sups probably do as much physical labor as those that they supervise. From my knowledge they are not supposed to, but the reality is they do.

So, in conclusion to all of this, to quote Forrest Gump, "And that's all I have to say about that". :happy-very:

PobreCarlos

Brownie;

Not going to make a big deal out of this, since I think I've pretty well defined my position. But I feel I have to comment on one of your statements; i.e. - "I do find it strange that no one has mentioned the strong Unions that run Europe"

Having spent some time in Europe, working with its unions and union members, and having as a close friend a works council member/director (employee-elected ombudsman) at a German Ver.Di organized company (Ver.Di is the "super union" - much larger than the Teamsters - that also represents UPS workers in Germany), I don't find it "strange" that "no one had mentioned strong Unions that run Europe" at all....simply because they DON'T "run Europe", nor do they really try to.

Despite the fact that union membership has undertaken the same slide in industrialized Europe as it has here, unions function differently over there than they do here. First off, they try to be a POSITIVE force for the economy, instead of concentrating on the negative. By that I mean that (1) they're much more collegial....they'll work with management well BEFORE the crisis stage to do what it takes to nurture the business; none of this "wait 'till the last minute and MAYBE we'll take a concession" stuff that's so prevalent here in the U.S. (2) over there they understand that their very existence depends on the success of the companies that they've organized, and even when they're not in complete agreement with those companies, they don't go so far off-the-wall as to disparage and/or try to destroy those companies' businesses...as compared to here, where it seems a union can't bad-mouth, boycott, or whatever the companies they depend on enough), and (3) unions over there actually DO things to increase/maintain their members productivity and labor "value". For example, they have training and apprentice programs ("yes", even for lowly "truck drivers") which THEY organize and THEY pay for which prospective and current members have to participate in if they want to keep their jobs. They (the UNIONS, mind you!) also DISCIPLINE their employees if they don't maintain both quality and production standards.

Can you see the Teamsters doing that over here? Can you visualize the Teamsters going to their employer's board and saying "Heh, this could be done more efficiently and with LESS labor this way; let's try it". Or can you see the Teamsters setting up (and paying for) a mock hub in which even unloaders are trained in the proper methods, etc? Or can you imagine a Teamster steward or business agent suspending a worker because he wasn't meeting the company's production standards? Personally, I can't....but European unions function that way. They OFFER something!

That's where I kinda' get off on your "At what point and to what level do the CEO's and management take some blame" question. Hell, in this country, when HAVEN'T they "taken the blame"? And just when HAS organized labor "taken the blame"....or at least some responsibility??

Unfortunately, in the end, far too many of the unions' [former] members have had to pay the penalty for their union's shrugging-off of its responsiblity; i.e. - they lost their employment (that's something which is particularly true for the Teamsters, BTW)

In the end, a company's management is solely responsible to those that employ THEM; i.e. - the owners (shareholders, whatever) of the company. That responsibility may be restricted somewhat by legal obligations, but never denied completely; eventually they HAVE to make a profit. Now that's a heck of responsibility....especially when you got entities - specifically, in this country, unions - that seem to have it as their goal to see that companies DON'T make a profit. Given that, can't one understand why management - and those that employ THEM, namely the shareholders! - would want to seek a climate where the labor was willing to accept some of that responsibility itself...and APPRECIATE what the management/shareholders are bringing to the table?

Whenever we discuss this topic, my German ombudsman friend always tells me how appalled he is by the short-sightedness of American organized labor. He's attended meetings with the Teamsters (they're now associated with Ver.Di now, although Ver.Di is much the larger of the two entities), and can't believe how antagonistic they are toward their employers; from his perspective, it seems that American union are bound and determined to commit suicide.

Going forward, in answer to your question as to "How do you outsource UPS front line jobs? Drivers, loaders, and sorters?"...well, you do it the same way that it's been done for over 30 years now". Don't you think that we have driver, loaders, sorters, etc. working overseas? And isn't "overseas" a rather significant - and growing! - aspect of the company's operations today? Especially in terms of "profit"? Well, that's one way to "outsource".

Another is by simply reflecting the economy at large; i.e. - if this country can't cut it economically , then wealth flees overseas. Less wealth here means less need for domestic small package transport. Less need for small package transport means less need for domestic drivers, sorters, loaders, etc. Meanwhile, in the "booming" economies, there IS a need for driver, sorters, loaders, and such. Think it can't happen? Hell, it HAS happened and IS happening today!

Lastly, in response to your question of...

"Can you tell me as a reasonable person you feel more union people are at their jobs because they think they will get a "free lunch"?"

I'd have to answer (and, again, remember my previous UPS worker exclusion) "yes, most definitely!" Look at this ongoing UAW thing, for example. ..and specifically at the "job bank" item you brought up. Do you think that those that have been inhabiting those "job banks" have been intent on finding other employment so they WOULDN'T have to be parasites on the companies that once employed them and/or society in general? And do the unions "design the cars? Damn right they do...if only because their demands make only the production of certain high-margin vehicles possible! Do you think American autoworkers would have stuck to "large" vehicle sales so long UNLESS they were unable to hire a workforce that could COMPETIVELY produce the smaller models that cost almost as much to make - but sold for far less? REALLY!?

Lastly, regarding your comment of...

"I don't think comparing US Auto Co s to China's Auto makers makes any sense. Clearly, as said in one of the last posts, you wouldn't find the millions of workers to slave away at the plant for little money and few benefits as you will in China"

...remember, I was speaking of automotive SALES in China; NOT production. I.e. - the despised "benefits" of the Chinese worker are such that, today, his country LEADS the U.S. in the number of vehicles SOLD in country!

Seems to me that would indicate that, perhaps, the Chinese worker - by virtue of his willingness to compete - isn't quite that bad off after all....and his position is improving, while that of the American organized worker is on its way down. After all, the Chinese worker has a job (although given the world-wide recession, he's likely to be suffering some unemployment effects now as well). By his willingness to compete and EARN his way, HIS economic prospects are growing. And, in demonstration of those prospects, HIS country now leads the world in the consumption (NOT production, but CONSUMPTION!) of automobiles. These are the fruits of competitiveness...something that far too many "organized" workers (and, again, I'm primarily excluding those at UPS) don't understand.

All that said, in contrast to my opening statement, it seems I DID "make a big deal out of it". Sorry! BTW, note that I just took exception with the things you said with which I had disagreement with; hope you understand that there was much in your post that I AGREED with...but where's the fun in saying "me too"?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Brownie;

Not going to make a big deal out of this, since I think I've pretty well defined my position. But I feel I have to comment on one of your statements; i.e. - "I do find it strange that no one has mentioned the strong Unions that run Europe"

Intersting dissertation. BTW, how the heck can you concentrate that long to write this? :wink2:

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Well, judging by the length of PobreCarlos posts, I don't know what he does for a living, but if it is working at UPS, I would say he probably picked the wrong profession :rofl: !

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Well, judging by the length of PobreCarlos posts, I don't know what he does for a living, but if it is working at UPS, I would say he probably picked the wrong profession :rofl: !
He was a manager at UPS quite some time ago. I've heard that his parting from the company was less than harmonious, but that may be just an ugly rumor. He has posted for years over at teamster.net under a different name but with the same distinctive "style" and tone. Unless you have the time (and stomach)for a long, drawn out internet debate where every line of of every post get it's own paragraph length rebuttal, you did the right thing by tapping out early, for PC will surely prove the adage that there is always someone on the web who has more time to post than you do.

I will say that when he started singing the praises of the Chinese laborer and his working environment, it brought a tear my eye and I waved my little red flag in solidarity :wink2:.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This is the first forum I ever visited. Was referred here by someone I met in yahoo games. With all the time I spend here, I couldn't possibly visit any other site and get sleep at night. I have posted a few questions over at roadbikereview.com. I was referred there by Mike Hawk, who's a member here, LOL.

Yeah, those lengthy posts leave me wondering about how much those people have bottled up inside themselves.